favorite daily schedule for young kids?

abookworm

Mouseketeer
I'm reading various books and posts here and wondered if anyone had a favorite daily schedule they used w/ younger kids that worked well for them? I'm sure we won't stick exactly to a schedule just because there are too many unknown variables w/ young kids and it would drive my Dh batty :scared:
But at least having a schedule to use as a guide would be helpful.
Since I have 2 kids that I know won't go any dark rides and one that will I'll probably focus more on the kiddy type stuff and try to hit the other rides like Indiana Jones, Haunted mansion, Space mtn, etc either in between things or later in the evening when the younger 2 might go back to the hotel w/ 1 parent...not sure yet.
thanks

Now by two kids that won't go on any dark rides, do you mean the Fantasyland kiddie rides too? Because a lot of those are dark!

If not, we like to start in DL in Tomorrowland and hit Autopia, Buzz, Astro Orbiter (if someone takes older ones on Space and Star Tours, we just go on Buzz and rockets a few times with the younger ones) Then we head to Fantasyland and hit the rides there! By the time we are over to Frontierland, we usually grab some fastpasses for Indy and BTMRR and then grab a bite to eat. Then we hit Adventureland, NOS, and Pooh (way in the back!) with us taking kids on Jungle Cruise and Tarzan Treehouse while older ones ride Indy, Etc.

Then we either head to DCA (my kids nap in strollers) or back to room for nap/swim. When we head back for the night, we hit DCA first around 4, eat dinner there, then head over to DL at 6pm or 8pm (depending when CA closes that night) and check out the nighttime entertainment (parade, fireworks) We hit a few favorites or use up fastpasses from earlier and call it a day.

This works for us but our kids are pretty easy going and can hang late without getting crabby at all! You may have to modify a little if your kids need to be in bed earlier!!

Andrea

I meant more of the scary or thriller riders and probably Snow Whites Scary Adventure ride. But from the reviews I've read about Peter Pan, Pooh, and the Alice ride I think those will be fine even though there's some dark parts.

Are you doing DCA too? I think with little ones who you think might be afraid of inside rides that it's such a great place to start. Flicks Fun Fair is really simple, but it's ALL oudoor rides. You can head over to the bread and tortilla tours, and then do Jumpin Jellyfish and Zepher. Then over to play in redwood for a minute. All of that is outdoors (well, the tours are indoor). If they're tall enough you can try Soarin as an indoor ride. Just explain that it's like a movie theater. Ask to sit on the bottom row. Tell the kids that the whole row of seats will 'scoot' forward so that you can see the screen better but that there isn't any other moving. The seat stays right there the whole time.

You may find that they're not as frightened of indoor rides as you might think. Now...if you started with Snow White, you may never get them on another indoor ride again :rotfl2:

My boys did not like Alice in Wonderland- it scared them. They will do Peter Pan, Buzz, Monsters Inc., Pooh and Small World.

My boys we let them pick which rides they want to go on. Sometimes due to walking we ask them if there is a ride that they SEE they want to go on rather than going from one end of the park to the other.

A typical day is Buzz, Small World, Go Go Gadget Coaster, Dumbo, Tea Cups, Casey Jr. Train, Merry go round, Story Book Ride, Small World, Pooh, Train, then we go to DCA and go on a few Flicks rides. That will normally take us to just after lunch for an afternoon nap. Ironically- mom and dad always seem to be more tired than the boys.:confused3 Go figure!

My boys love the rockets, but I personally can't do them. They need to be at least 1 to ride those as well as Autopia.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter