Favorite cup/ mug for ship?

justme0729

DIS Veteran
We have refillable mugs from WDW I’m thinking about using for the soda stations/ water or should I bring a larger insulated straw cup? What do you like to carry around with you?

I've just got some tumblers I bring.

No need to go out and drop big bucks on a Stanley if that's what you're trying to justify with "larger insulated straw cup". 😉

We’ve used our mug from the resorts and an insulated Corkcicle tumbler on the ships. Both work well, but I especially like the insulated tumbler as there was still ice in it the next morning.

I don't do straw cups, more of a hassle to clean. Also, I use interchangeably for hot/cold drinks so the straw generally doesn't make sense. A handled one is especially good, if you're planning for excursions. Generally we fill up when we're getting food or ice cream anyway. 20 oz size has been plenty big without making extra/special trips to the top deck. DH uses 30 oz, same size as at home. Depends on how much you drink in a day.

I've just got some tumblers I bring.

No need to go out and drop big bucks on a Stanley if that's what you're trying to justify with "larger insulated straw cup". 😉
lol we don’t even have any tumblers… but for valentines I’m trying to relate a gift to upcoming cruise so seeing if something like a Stanley (but probably not as much money lol) is a good idea or not needed

Large mouth Nalgene bottles from REI, like you use for camping. They are light, easy to fill anywhere, won't break, and won't spill. I can take the entire families up to the station to refill them and not worry about spilling stuff on the way back. You can clip them onto a bag when you go on excursions, or use them at the airport after you go through security. They are cheap to replace if you lose one. We don't travel anywhere without them anymore. Insulated cups are nice to keep beverages cool, but they are much heavier. On the other hand, we travel light and carry on only, so this may not be the best solution for everyone.

I have to say I have fallen into the Stanley camp. I had a Stanley thermos years ago and we did an experiment June in Texas to see who kept ice longer and Stanley beat, Yeti, Artic and Tervis. That being said any cup you love is great for the ship. I just like the handle on my Stanley. My Brumate has a handle too but the lid doesn't seem to get stuck on the Stanley. I would advocate for a handle as that makes life easier when climbing stairs.

I'm sure you are aware you don't need to I bring cups and straws. Disney provides new ones every time you get a drink. Plus you really aren't suppose to use your personal cups at the drink station anyway for health reasons. You can also save packing room and buy them onboard as a souvenir.
You are probably more concerned about excursions. If need be we just grab bottled water. Less of a hassle packing, carrying, cleaning, and worrying about it being lost or stolen.

We have stainless steel water bottles that we use for water (water bottle fillers on Deck 4 on most ships, I think). I bought the for cheap in case we ended up losing/breaking them for our first cruise and they're going to be Platinum soon! For other drinks (mostly coffee/tea, not really soda drinkers here) I take something that I don't mind trashing/leaving behind (often something we received for free somewhere or another) or just use the ship provided cups.

That said, if I were driving to the port and had unlimited luggage, I'd probably take something better. But because I prefer cruises that I generally have to fly to (and often spend more time traveling before/after the cruise) I want to limit my packing as much as possible.

We bring our hydro flask bottles to use on board. We don’t like to use plastic water bottles and the cups at drink stations are small and a closed water bottle is just easier to deal with.

A question after my own heart, I'm a water guzzler who gets panicky if I don't constantly have a bottle with me. :laughing: We have cheap 24oz steel tall-but-skinny bottles we got on amazon that fit perfectly into side pockets of the mesh backpacks DH and I always use when we travel, we're bringing them on our Wish cruise next week! At home/work I use a 40z tumbler but in travel I prioritize the easy portability of something smaller and more lightweight.

A lot of times I'll buy a Tervis tumbler on the ship and then use it.
Bought a few also but in all honesty never used them bought them as a souvenir but never put them to use
do soda with ice stay cold for long ?
thanks

Bought a few also but in all honesty never used them bought them as a souvenir but never put them to use
thanks
The stainless ones are great. The plastic ones, not so much.

thanks

If they’re the insulated stainless ones, there will still be a little ice in it the next morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter