Favorite CS in Hollywood?

cnunley424

Mouseketeer
Ok what's your favorite counter service place in Hollywood Studios? On the dining plan so price doesn't matter.

I don't remember eating at a CS in Hollywood Studios before our trip 2 weeks ago. But, we ate at Starring Rolls this time and thought it was really good. In fact the portions were so huge that we did 1 meal for every 2 adults in our party. This was for lunch and we had an early dinner that evening. The adult meal consisted of a very large sandwich, chips, drink and a dessert. We all got this huge brownie/cake type thing with M&Ms on top. We all thought the meal was great and a really good value to be able to share and save a few dining credits.

Edit: Found a pic of the sandwiches. It is just one of the slices, but it is rather large.
all-day

http://allears.net/dining/menu/starring-rolls-cafe/all-day

Starring rolls is the only decent counter service at MGM, though you can eat at SciFi and enjoy a table service at not much more than counter service prices.

We ate at Rosie's while there one evening. We all had burgers and they hit the spot. Nothing gormet but they were fresh and hot along with the fries. They also had a fried green tomato sandwich. I accidentally ordered that and changed it with no problem.

We had breakfast at starring rolls one morning. Really good pastries.

CS at the Studios is an absolutely pathetic void of decent options with ABC Commissary being among the worst CS's in all of WDW (just my opinion). The only place I even consider is Starring Rolls. And even that IMO is ok. They offer pre-made cold cut sandwiches that unfortunately come with mayo already on them (hate mayo). They also offer pre packaged sushi rolls. I never eat CS anymore in this park; I usually do a breakfast and then dinner on the Boardwalk, usually Yachtsman Steakhouse or Flying Fish and just get a snack in DHS.

I'm partial to Fairfax Fare on Sunset Blvd, close to TOT, across from the entrance to Fantasmic. The CS at HS is pretty underwhelming but this one little stop was a saving grace for me.

We always eat at either Pizza Planet or Fairfax Fare! Both are good in my opinion! But I highly recommend 50's Prime Time Diner!

We ate at Starring Rolls and Min and Bills a few weeks ago. Both were very good. Starring Rolls has limited hours. We also had soft pretzels, churros, and popcorn. Gotta love free dining.

I know a lot of people don't like the CS options here, but I LOVED the grilled veggie sandwich at Backlot express. In fact my whole family enjoyed their meal here. They had seasonal cupcakes YUM! and I had the strawberry parfait which I also really liked.

Good luck!

Starring Rolls is probably the best. For variety Fairfaxe Fair, Catalina Eddies and Rosies All American are all next to one another, and have different choices. The Burgers are pretty much the same no matter what CS you go to in any park. We also like Pizza Planet.

Backlot Express, Fairfax Fare, or the meatball sub at Pizza Planet (not the pizza). The lounge at the Brown Derby has good small plates also.

I never see anyone mention Studio Catering Co. Their menu looks pretty nice with some interesting sandwiches (beef brisket, turkey and cheese panini with a side of tomato basil soup, etc) and "house made" desserts. Has anyone eaten there?

I never see anyone mention Studio Catering Co. Their menu looks pretty nice with some interesting sandwiches (beef brisket, turkey and cheese panini with a side of tomato basil soup, etc) and "house made" desserts. Has anyone eaten there?

Yes, this is actually my CS of choice at HS -- ate there just last week.

I tried the panini & it was fine. Nothing to write home about, but certainly edible.

We ate there in August, it wasn't bad. We would eat there again if we got stuck as we did then (it was about to storm and we had FP+ for TSMWM) so easier to eat there then go somewhere else in the rain and come back in 45 minutes.

We prefer Starring Rolls (if they are open) or Backlot express, as someone else said they have a grilled veggie sandwich that is really good.

Sadly, I read Pizza Planet is closing for a bit? DD and I ate there for the first time last trip, and we enjoyed it thoroughly. We were on the QS dining plan, and made the mistake of ordering two meals. They were delicious, but it was quite a lot of food!
In the past, we've avoided CS at HS. We've had icky burgers at the ABC Commissary. I think their menu changes often, though, and I haven't eaten there lately.
Honestly, if possible, I'd leave, take a boat over to either Epcot (so you'll be right at the International Gateway - TONS of food options) or one of the Epcot resorts (Boardwalk Pizza window or Bakery).
HS is our least favorite for CS meals usually, but we find something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter