Favorite coffee?

We use a keurig at home so we buy Donut Shop regular, decaf, and Columbian. They are all adequate. I really love buying whole beans and grinding them freshly but too time-consuming for the daily routine. When I can buy beans, I prefer Sumatra. I enjoyed flavoring my coffees but never the pre-flavored coffees because they are always such a weak blend. I just get flavored syrups or creamers and add what I want to a good cup of strong coffee.

I have a Keurig and my favorite is Caribou’s Caribou Blend. I order a case of 6 boxes for around $28 on Amazon. I am going to order Peet’s Holiday Blend soon. It sounds intriguing to me and I can’t seem to find it in any stores close to me.

Lavazza. I really haven’t tried many brands, but this is a great one.

I only drink coffee at work, where the choices are Starbucks, some in-house brand, and Lavazza.

Decaf, cardiologist recommended.

At home, Dark French Roast K-cups from San Francisco Bay Coffee Company. Out and about, Starbucks or McD's decafs.

Decaf here, per cardiologist also. I drink Great Value decaf at home, and McCafe decaf and regular are really great.

I have a Keurig and my favorite is Caribou’s Caribou Blend. I order a case of 6 boxes for around $28 on Amazon. I am going to order Peet’s Holiday Blend soon. It sounds intriguing to me and I can’t seem to find it in any stores close to me.
Have you had the Caribou Reindeer Holiday blend? I love it.

I tend to stick with the Costco k-cups. One daughter likes the yellow box. DH prefers the green box. I don’t care. Occasionally I’ll buy some holidayish flavored cups from aldi or Trader Joe’s or Starbucks/Dunkin.
when people ask what I want as a gift, I always tell them coffees, gourmet olive oils, etc. I love getting a pound of holiday blend or something flavored once in a while. Especially since I only buy cheapo house brands myself.

At home, Dark French Roast K-cups from San Francisco Bay Coffee Company. Out and about, Starbucks or McD's decafs.
Do you have as tough a time as I do getting decaf at Starbucks? Virtually every location tells me they no longer offer decaf - even at 7-9pm at night, they'll only brew regular! They'll do a decaf espresso with hot water - but then I have to pay espresso prices vs just buying a cup of coffee. :mad:

Lavazza. I really haven’t tried many brands, but this is a great one.

I only drink coffee at work, where the choices are Starbucks, some in-house brand, and Lavazza.
They used to serve that on Celebrity Cruises - not sure if they still do...it's good! :-)

Do you have as tough a time as I do getting decaf at Starbucks? Virtually every location tells me they no longer offer decaf - even at 7-9pm at night, they'll only brew regular! They'll do a decaf espresso with hot water - but then I have to pay espresso prices vs just buying a cup of coffee. :mad:
Yes, pretty much the same story here. They have in the morning but not after like early afternoon, when you would think it would be more in demand.

I do use the app all the time so do not wind up paying additional since I am paying for a regular decaf on the app.

I have a Keurig so I just use K-Cups due to convenience. I think my favorite is kind of seasonal.

I am really digging the Cinnabon stuff, I also like the Green Mountain Maple Pecan, and their Pumpkin Spice. Aldi has some pretty good mocha stuff too. There is also some McDonald's Cinnamon Streusel stuff that was available around Christmas that I really liked

I usually allow myself one cup of regular and follow up w/decaf the rest of the day. I really like the French Vanilla decaf stuff from Green Mountain. I also drink a lot of the plain too. With that, I just usually get whatever is cheap; Aldi, Great Value from Walmart, Meijer brand. I always brew it on "strong" to try to squeeze some more taste into it.

Community coffee with chicory. Amazing, family owned local Louisiana brand. They also have blends without chicory, but what even is the point? I also really like Jamaican Blue Mountain, but it is SO expensive to buy in the States.

Decaf here, per cardiologist also. ..
Same for DH. He likes Starbucks (Decaf Espresso or Sumatra), Peets, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Also Lavazza, when we can find it.
Same with trying to find Starbucks decaf beans. Our local Vons has a Starbucks that carries Decaf Espresso and Via most of the time. That's the only location in our area where we know we can find dark roast decaf and decaf Via.

Last edited:
We have 3 different coffee things: a Keurig, a pour over and newly an espresso machine (not an uber fancy one but not the extremely basic that barely qualifies as espresso).

I use the keurig during the week and while we have reusable filter I hardly use it and stick with k-cups.

We use the pour over with a finer grind for our weekends.

We use the espresso machine whenever we feel like it but largely with decaf beans (presently the bag from Whole Foods), since it's not used for our morning cup of coffee, that we use an electric grinder for.

I most prefer non-flavored and dark roasts. I don't mind some flavored coffee but find I just don't get that coffee flavor as much as one with just notes of flavors based on growing area and particular blends. My husband prefers light to medium blends. One thing we agree on is Starbucks is too bitter for us. I do find that variety packs allow for discovering what suits you and what brand suits you. I tend to try to stick around $0.50 or so or less per k-cup to keep costs in line when trying different companies.
I'm like you here, I like to try all the different coffees all the different ways. I use my icoffee machine most mornings but I can't help thinking "there went a buck fifty" every time I put a kcup in. When my husband and I are up together I typically use a press pot. I've had an electric vacuum pot before that was cool, and various other regular coffee makers. I'm always on the lookout for the best tasting way to do it. I haven't tried the pour over style yet. Is it worth the time or just another way to brew?

Community coffee with chicory. Amazing, family owned local Louisiana brand. They also have blends without chicory, but what even is the point? I also really like Jamaican Blue Mountain, but it is SO expensive to buy in the States.
That is my absolute favorite as well! In fact, I have gotten so used to the chicory in my coffee that, when I do want to try other brands, I keep the community 100% chicory on hand to add it to all of the other types just to give it more richness. Once you get used to the richness of the chicory, it's near impossible to go back to just plain coffee. It tastes like water.

Oakland Coffee's Father of All Dark Roasts. I ordered it for DD21 because the gift box came with some neat Green Day swag and liked it so well I ended up subscribing myself. Biggby's Michigan cherry is a close second for those times when I'm in the mood for a flavored coffee.

I'm still trying to find a decaf I really like. Right now, I'm using up a bag from Lexington Coffee Co., which is super small and local to me, but I probably won't buy it again. My usual good-enough decaf is from Biggby Coffee but I keep trying other brands and varieties in hopes of finding something better than merely good enough.

Definitely not a coffee snob here - I buy whatever is on sale. I drink mostly decaf - sometimes I mix it with regular. I buy Maxwell House, Chock Full of Nuts & Folgers. Sometimes we make Nespresso pods.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter