Favorite Christmas special or movie

Kid: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Runner up: Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol

Adult: A Christmas Story
Runner up: Christmas Vacation

I never considered It's A Wonderful Life to be a Christmas movie.

As a kid: Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
Teen years: A Christmas Carol (1951) with Alistair Sim as Scrooge. Used to show it on PBS channel each year, and our family (some already grown and moved out) would gather for dinner, then the movie. Special remembrances of my dad on these Christmas-y nights, as he's passed away.
As a Grown up: Miracle on 34th Street (original), It's a Wonderful Life, A Christmas Carol (1951), National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Special nod to Planes, Trains and Automobiles, which is great anytime from Thanksgiving to Christmas.

I really don't remember what I liked as a kid (probably Rudolph or Frosty), but as an adult I love "White Christmas". I look forward to it every year.

As a kid, Charlie Brown and Rudolph.

Now we don't like Rudolph because we realize Santa is a selfish jerk who condones bullying and treats Rudolph terribly until it benefits him.

Still love Charlie Brown and hope it doesn't become un-PC due to the religious theme with Linus quoting Bible verses.

Another family favorite is the movie Elf with Will Ferrell.

When I was a kid they used to have a special where they showed a bunch of Disney short cartoons. They would have Mikey's Christmas carol and the one with Mickey and Pluto decorating the tree and Chip and Dale are hiding in the tree. There was also a cartoon with Hewie, Dewey and Louie playing hockey. I used to like that special. Muppet family Christmas was vey good too. Something I looked forward to. And the grinch cartoon.

As an adult I really love White Christmas.

When I was young, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer...now that I am grown up..isn't Christmas till I've watched Year Without A Santa Claus and the Miser Brothers , lol..also have to watch White Christmas at least once, along with It's A Wonderful Life

As a kid, Charlie Brown and Rudolph.

Now we don't like Rudolph because we realize Santa is a selfish jerk who condones bullying and treats Rudolph terribly until it benefits him.

Still love Charlie Brown and hope it doesn't become un-PC due to the religious theme with Linus quoting Bible verses.

Another family favorite is the movie Elf with Will Ferrell.
The bold had me: :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

As a kid (and now) all the claymation specials. Of those The Year Without a Santa Clause was always my favorite.

We kick off the Season with Elf but my favorite "grown up" Christmas movie has to be The Ref.

It's A Wonderful Life
Miracle On 34th Street
Christmas Shoes and it's squel
Nestor
Little Drummer Boy
Charlie Brown Christmas

As a kid, How the Grinch Stole Christmas and A Charlie Brown Christmas. Hardly remember anything about CB except the poor little scrawny tree that bent over when the ornament was attached, or Lucy's line "A great big shiny aluminum Christmas tree."

As an adult, I still like the Grinch, and A Christmas Story and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Not a Christmas movie, but there's a Christmas scene in an outrageously ridiculous film, Female Trouble, where the bratty, trashy HS senior didn't get what she wanted for Christmas, so she stomps on all the other gifts under the tree, curses at her father, and shoves her mother into the tree, knocking it over. Sounds horrible, but it's so over-the-top it's hilarious.

female trouble video 2.gif female trouble.jpg female trouble christmas.jpg

White Christmas as a kid and as an adult. My mom and I would watch it when I was a kid and I still watch it every year.

As a kid, I lived for all the classic Christmas cartoons...Frosty, Rudolph, Charlie Brown.

Now I love watching the Santa Clause movies, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and Home Alone with my kids.

I've always loved Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer. My favorite Christmas movies are Meet Me in St Louis and It's A Wonderful Life.

The bold had me: :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I know, but it's true! I had never given it much thought until someone pointed it out, and now the show is ruined for me.

Watch this video and think about the message it sends to children.

Also, even when I was young, I thought the Island of Misfit Toys was stupid and didn't make sense, since most of them had easily fixable "problems". Like really, a water pistol that shoots grape jelly, a Charlie-in-the-Box, and a cowboy that rides an ostrich? And we could never figure out what was supposed to be wrong with the doll. :confused3

Last edited:
As a kid....the old classics.....Rudolph, Frosty, Santa Claus is Coming to Town

Now....love Christmas movies
Christmas Story......almost all the Christmas Carols, Jingle All the Way, Christmas Vacation, Christmas with the Kranks, Miracle on 34th Street

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter