Favorite character meal

Tusker House breakfast! Great food and the characters in themed costumes is too cute!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Garden Grill is my absolute favorite. I add it every trip. The food is good, the character interaction is great, and we always get a fantastic server. We've never left without singing our server's praises to everyone and making sure they know how amazing they were. I'm also a huge Chip and Dale fan and love getting that time with them. Last time I wore my Chip 'n Dale Mickey Ears and they were just beside themselves. It was awesome.

I'm excited to try a couple of other character meals this upcoming trip. Akershus and Tusker House. I've heard great things!

Tusker House: love the food and the nice variety of stuff to try, great theming, and I love the safari outfits that the characters wear. :)
Crystal Palace: obviously booking an early-morning ADR and getting into MK early is nice, but the restaurant is also beautiful, the Pooh characters are fun, and the food is yummy (I've only done breakfast, though... BREAKFAST LASAGNA!!!)

We're heading to Disney for the first time with my two LO's...who are 2 & 6. My husband and I have been multiple times before, but it was long ago, so this is all new to me..that everything has to essentially be planned ahead of time..I would love LOVE to get reservations at H&V for the character breakfast but was all booked when I tried for it..AH! I'd love to get into at least ONE character breakfast while we're there. Even if we don't schedule an actual character breakfast, do characters come around anyway, for random drop-ins?

We have been to many character dining experiences -
My favorite (overall) is Tusker House Breakfast - AK

Also LOVE - Garden Grill EP, and O'hana

We have never really been into character dining - I mean, it isn't a priority, not that we avoid it. But, we are surprising my kids in the spring with a trip - happens to fall on my son's birthday. He LOVES Pluto...so I was thinking of getting a reservation somewhere so he could see him.. I think there are a handful of places. Anyone suggest one over the other?

Pluto was at O'hana for breakfast, and I was actually going to say this is my fave character meal at the moment! We just had such a great breakfast there a couple weeks ago! We love the character meals and have been to a lot of the ones mentioned and have enjoyed most, but O'hana was a very pleasant surprise!

LOVE the 'Ohana breakfast! It is the one and only time my daughter has ever met Lilo, and only the second time she's met Stitch. (The first was at the Surf's Up Breakfast in Disneyland.) I love the fact that the food comes to you, so you don't have to worry about missing a character because you're up at a buffet.

What characters are at Tusker House? Thanks in advance!

You meet Donald and take a pic w/ him on your way in, and then inside you meet Mickey, Daisy, and Goofy (I've heard that Goofy may not be there anymore, but not sure if that's true or not).

You meet Donald and take a pic w/ him on your way in, and then inside you meet Mickey, Daisy, and Goofy (I've heard that Goofy may not be there anymore, but not sure if that's true or not).

Donald no longer meets outside, but instead goes around with the other characters on the inside. The reports this week have been hit and miss with Goofy being there, so there's no definite yes or no on him yet!

Donald no longer meets outside, but instead goes around with the other characters on the inside. The reports this week have been hit and miss with Goofy being there, so there's no definite yes or no on him yet!
Oh, my bad. Well, clearly things have changed since I was last at TH. :) But, at least Donald is there!

Oh, my bad. Well, clearly things have changed since I was last at TH. :) But, at least Donald is there!

Agree on tusker being our fav and just have to add rusty anchor that I love your summer magic pic. That is one of my all time favorite movies. Gotta crawl to the ugly big ball ; )

Agree on tusker being our fav and just have to add rusty anchor that I love your summer magic pic. That is one of my all time favorite movies. Gotta crawl to the ugly big ball ; )
Thank you!! :) It's a great movie and I love the soundtrack. Definitely one of the more over-looked Disney classics.

1900 Park Fare at breakfast, because it's Mary that we love;) We like Pooh and Tigger a lot too. We like to do it on a non-park day, especially our last day, because it gives us one more dose of Disney without having to go to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter