Favorite Character Meal for two adult ladies?

lorenae

I'm going to Disney World!
Ok, actually, more like two middle aged ladies. My friend has never been to WDW, and she will be 65 when we go. I've been many many times, but only have done a couple of character meals (cough Chef Mickey never again cough).

We're not breakfast people. I'd love to have her enjoy the "classic" characters, as she likely will have no idea who the other characters are. Minnie for sure, but possibly Goofy, would be her picks.

We know that it will be loud and busy, and that's ok. Where would you go for one very special, likely once-in-a-lifetime experience for that one dinner?

For dinner, other than Chef Mickey’s, your choices would be Tusker House or Hollywood and Vine. Of the two, I would do Tusker.

For dinner, I agree with PP to choose Tusker House. If it doesn't have to be dinner, I would choose breakfast/brunch at Cape May. We loved our one time there, and I keep looking for an opportunity to return!

Cape May doesn’t have characters at dinner (you might know that).

I would consider a non-character dinner (better food) and meet characters in the parks.

We went to Crystal Palace (Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, Eeyore), Storybook (Snow White, Dopey, Grumpy, Evil Queen) and Tusker House (Donald, Daisy, Mickey, Goofy). We enjoyed all three.

Cape May breakfast should have Minnie, Donald, and Goofy. Hollywood and Vine dinner will have Minnie with (probably) Mickey, Donald, Daisy, and Goofy.

We travel with 6 adults. (two parents and 4 "children") we have done just about every character meal there is. I have to say one of our tops is Tusker house. We did enjoy Crystal palace and 1900. Have fun

On our last trip I think our favorite character meal was breakfast at Garden Grill, followed by dinner at Hollywood & Vine. Both were fun and this 62 YO lady had a blast!!!

Hollywood and Vine has seasonal dinner dining. Depending on the season, the classic characters will be dressed according to the season...ie...beachwear, holiday outfits etc... If your going mostly for the characters and want the "classics", that would be a good choice. Their buffet is one of the largest too, with plenty of options.

Garden Grill hands down. Food is really good and served family styles, so no having to get up. Also, because of the layout of the restaurant it doesn’t get as loud as other restaurants, plus the character interaction is some of the best we ever had.

We love Garden Grill but if Minnie is a must, I'd opt for Tusker House.

I forgot about Garden Grill! I bet that would be something that Jean would love, even without Minnie. I've never been to Tusker House, though.

Decisions, decisions! She is coming on a Sunday early evening, and we're leaving Thursday late afternoon, and that seems like a decent length of time, but it really isn't!

Tusker House is our choice when I travel with a friend
Garden Grill is good too......but I like the food better at TH

Tusker house for sure.

I absolutely despise Crystal Palace. That would the on the absolute bottom of my list.

Garden Grill has my vote. I mostly travel with my best friend (2 ladies in our forties) and we had a blast at GG last May. The best character interaction we've ever had and that food was SO good! I've eaten there before, but didn't remember it being as good as it was in May. Would definitely go again. The characters came around 2-3 times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter