Favorite Character Interaction

allie_to_you

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes...
Do you have a favorite character interaction story. Maybe you had a special experience with one particular character or one trip was made especially memorable by your interaction with one of the characters?

My story is from back in 2011 when we took our then 3 year old foster son to Disney for his first trip (a bittersweet trip for us because we knew he'd be going back to his birth family the day after we got home from our trip -- we'd had him for nearly a year).

He LOOOOOOVED Mickey Mouse clubhouse cartoons and the first time he got to meet Mickey, you could just see the awe on his face. He was really shy at first, but then he hugged Mickey and said "You are really real". Melted my heart :smickey:

During our honeymoon on 2010 my husband and I meet with Jasmine and Aladdin. Jasmine asked how my husband proposed. I explained to her that in reality he didn't. She got really upset and Aladdin made my husband get on one knee and propose to me. Aladdin was feeding all the words to my husband ears and my husband was repeating it. It was so romantic, silly, and fun all at the same time.

We also love our daughter interaction with Tinkerbell because she talks as much as my daughter. My husband loves Sully and Mike interaction. They are usually very playful.

We had reservations at CRT and we arrived a little late, so by the time we got there all of the customers were already upstairs, we were the only family in the photo area with Cinderella. Well we took our photos with Cinderella and they said it would be about 10 minutes before our table would be ready. While we were waiting, Cinderella came by us and sat on the floor to talk with our DD. She said you look tired, do you want to sit on my lap? So for about 5 minutes(felt longer) she talked and cuddled with our DD to the point that it looked like our DD was going to fall asleep in Cinderella's lap:hug: Well, our table was ready and Cinderella told our DD thanks for spending time with her and that she will miss her. She then told us that the time she spent with our DD had really made her day. We told her that it made our day as well and could not thank her enough for being so kind and thoughtful. We have an 8x10 photo of that moment hanging on our hallway wall. It has been 8 years and still seems like yesterday. We have many others, but that one was something extra special.

Took our kids (7,5 and 3) for the first time this past September. Youngest DS HATED EVERYTHING Disney :( It was so sad. He hated any ride with a tunnel. Hated anything with a theater. Just hated the whole thing which broke my heart as a Mom because he was miserable. He was also sick which we didn't figure out just how sick till we got home.

About mid trip we went to the Epcot Visa photo spot. It seemed like the only time our family was together for a photo and Mickey was so awesome with YDS. Th look on YDS's face when he first saw him up close was priceless and we have a shot of Mickey giving him nose kisses. I LOVE that picture. I am having it put on canvas for a holiday gift for my boy.

Also, Aurora at the Perfectly Princess Tea was amazing with DD. Her eyes just lit up when she gave her a rose petal and Aurora took it for the royal gardener to plant into a beautiful plant when she went back to the castle! :)

This happened on my trip in 2006 at Donald's Breakfastasaurus.. I was with the ex-dgf and I was ready with my Donald tshirt, Donald hat and vintage Donald watch. When Donald came in, he saw my shirt and gave me a thumbs up. Then he came over and took my hat. Well, at this point I told him to check out my watch, and he went nuts. Ran and got Goofy and Pluto to show them. they acted impressed. That mouse guy wasn't there yet, wanted to be fashionably late and get the star treatment. When he came in, Donald ran up to him, pointed at me, then madee motions about my shirt. Then he pointed at himself. Mickey shook his head. Then he pointed at my hat and at himself. Mickey nodded. Then Donald pointed at his wrist, then at mine, then at himself. Mickey put his hand over his mouth and acted horrified. Then he walked by us with his nose in the air and his head turned. He never visited our table, but made sure to walk by several times, always with his nose up. And Donald strutted all over the restaurant as only Donald can. Mickey never looked at us.

In 2012, Aladdin remembered me from the day before, and at the end of our photos, he snuck in a kiss on my cheek in the last photo we did. The two shots that came out are hilarious - one just me smiling and then a second one where you catch my reaction to him kissing me.

It didn't happen to me but to my sister and her family while we were with them on the trip. My sister and husband and three of her four kids were lined up to meet Cruella DeVil. Just as they got to meeting Cruella, my sister's phone rang. They had been chatted with daughter #1 (in college at the time) so she wanted to know where they were to meet Cruella.

When my sister answered the phone, Cruella took the phone from my sister's hand and barked "I'm Cruella DeVil, who are you and why are you intruding on my priiiiiiiiiivate moment with these people?!". My niece replied who she was and Cruella listened then shoved the phone back to my sister and yelled "HOW MANY CHILDREN DO YOU HAVE?!!!!!!!!!!!"

My personal favorite was from the trip we took when I was 11. Me and my sister spent a long time talking with Push the talking trash can, and the next day when we went back (in completely different outfits) he remembered us! He even remembered the conversation we were having and picked up where we left off.

Also my dad finds amusement in calling Chip n' Dale squirrels, through the years we have gotten some pretty funny responses, including leaving our table and returning with a printed out picture of a squirrel (that was Dale I think). He then proceeded to point out the many differences which proved that he was a chipmunk.

Last March we went to Disney World with my 8 year old nephew. I had written letters to him "from" the characters based on what we had planned for the trip. Since we were going to eat at the Crystal Palace breakfast, I wrote him a letter from Winnie the Pooh saying how excited Pooh was to see him at breakfast, and that the Mickey Waffles were delicious so make sure to try them. I also (and this is where my train ran off the tracks) said that if he could bring along "a smackeral of honey", Pooh would love it. So.....being an 8 year old, he went out and bought a plastic bear full of honey to take along to breakfast, complete with a bow. He was beside himself with excitement to give Pooh that honey! We went to breakfast, me being very nervous about how this would go, since Pooh obviously had no clue what was going on. Pooh was wonderful! He accepted the honey, gave several 'thank you' hugs, hugged the honey bear, showed everyone in the area his gift, and even came back to the table again after his rotation to hug again. My nephew was thrilled and we got some wonderful pictures of the interaction. :)

Such great stories! And its so much fun when the little kids in the group are still "believers."

I think the interactions are a lot of fun when you can mention something to the character from their story. I've heard that its easy to make Woody jump around if you yell "snakes!"

I had fun with Minnie at Chef Mickey's when I asked her when she and Mickey would be getting married. She pointed to her ring finger, and I said, "I know, you need a ring! I'll talk to Mickey about it when he comes by."

The Winnie the Pooh story above reminded me of a trip to Crystal Palace. When I brought my 4 year old daughter a bowl of ice cream from the buffet, I told her that Piglet had made it just for her. I reminded her to thank Piglet when he came by again. Unfortunately, it didn't look like Piglet was going to make another appearance any time soon. When Eeyore came by, I got in front of him and told him that Piglet had fixed a bowl of ice cream for my daughter, and to please tell Piglet thank you! Eeyore played along, and nodded that he would. My daughter was then satisfied and agreed that we could leave the restaurant.

We always have great experiences with Tigger. Last time my son had a small Tigger with him during the pictures at AK. And Tigger just got all excited and went and showed it to Eeyore and then to Pooh. It was so cute. There was also one time, at the same location where my son had an orange Mickey with him and Tigger motioned that he wanted to use the sharpee to make Tigger stripes on Mickey.

Have to say two more that both occurred both with Mickey at O'hana, on two separate trips. One time Mickey saw my son's star wars toys on the table and sat down and played with him for a little bit. Another time my very shy son, at that time 5, got nervous during the dance/parade and came back to the table crying and Mickey saw him and came over and took him by the hand and walked back out to the parade with him and he was fine.

I could go on and on. I love character interactions.

This past January we were at Epcot and went to see Pooh and Tigger in the UK. We were walking towards the door and both came out and took my 3 year old daughters hand and walked into Christopher Robins room. They proceeded to dance and play with her for several minutes. The excitement on her face was priceless and she felt so special when they came out and walked her in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter