• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Bartenders

That's great! Do you know what ship?

I have a funny story about him. We met him at Meridian on the first Dream cruise back after Covid. DH and I were the only ones there and the 3 bartenders so we got chatting as they were closing up. Someone how the subject of Red Party alerts came up and we were talking about one we had in the middle of the night once. Luis was telling us about one that he put out and how they called him in with some officers and managers, etc... They questioned why he did what he did and he thought he was getting in trouble. It turned out they were there to commend him for what he did, he got some high praise for this. Then I brought up another Red Party we were on board for, and I noted it was at Pinocchio's on the Wonder. He jumped in, "Thats the one I put out!". After comparing dates and something else that happened that crazy day(we found Cubans in the ocean and had to sit with them til the coast guard came) we knew it was definitely the same fire. So then we joked Luis saved our lives! :love:
Nice, though the Luis I know only worked on Magic. Never on Dream and returned to Magic

Last edited:
Nice, though the Luis I know only worked on Magic. Never on Dream and returned to Magic

Too funny! Must be another one. ;) This was ours.

239637022_10226963342893664_8841138919759135877_n.jpg

Vladimir and Carlos on the Fantasy 2017 and 2019. We did the Wish in 2022, didn’t see them so theydidnt switch ships it still around.

Welvin from Dominica Republic serving the 3 Fairy God Mothers on the Fantasy on Halloween 2022.
Welvin with the 3 Fairy Godmothers.jpg
Looking forward seeing Welvin in September!!

I clearly need to up my drinking! Alcohol seems to be a hot issue on all the cruise line discussion boards right now. In 43 years of cruising I think I have been in a bar, a wine bar at that, once. Too much other stuff to do on the ship than sit in the bar.
And over on Carnival, the flap is over the unlimited drink packages now considering unlimited to be 15 drinks a day. How do people function with 15 alcoholic drinks in them a day?

I clearly need to up my drinking! Alcohol seems to be a hot issue on all the cruise line discussion boards right now. In 43 years of cruising I think I have been in a bar, a wine bar at that, once. Too much other stuff to do on the ship than sit in the bar.
And over on Carnival, the flap is over the unlimited drink packages now considering unlimited to be 15 drinks a day. How do people function with 15 alcoholic drinks in them a day?
Not sure with 15 drinks, but I try to pace myselfs these days. 2013 I did get a little tipsy. Don’t do Mixology and Martini and few hours apart

Not sure with 15 drinks, but I try to pace myselfs these days. 2013 I did get a little tipsy. Don’t do Mixology and Martini and few hours apart
I had a buzz after the Champagne tasting on the Magic. And several years later on another cruise line, a Jolly Roger snorkeling excursion took you an hour away, and offered free unlimited rum punch during the one hour trip home. Three of those punches and I was very happy according to my wife, who was 7 months pregnant and couldn't drink.

Who are your favorite Bartenders?

I went on Wish in April on Back-2-Back and my favorites were Sam, Miguel,
View attachment 766174
View attachment 766175
View attachment 766177
Jevon, Kelvin, Colin, Jesus, Andy(assistant beverage manager), Nyoman(Beverage Manager)
View attachment 766179
Not on Wish, but on Other ships Mario(Assistant Beverage Manager), Jayson, Roland, Cynthia(Palo sommiler
Sam is great! Wife & me had a great time chatting with him & getting tips and tricks on making drinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter