Favorite bag or backpack for the parks

goofy4wdw2

DIS Veteran
What is your favorite bag or backpack for the parks? Our next trip will be our first without a stroller which we used to store extra things for the park. Looking for a lightweight backpack or messenger bag or something like that to carry sunscreen, snacks, few bottled drinks, small purchases, etc. I have a baggallini crossbody purse that I use every day and I love but thinking I need something a little bit bigger. Any suggestions?

I enjoy the Kipling bags. They're quality bags, lightweight and machine washable.

They make all different sizes/styles. For a bigger bag for day trips or Disney when the kids were younger, I have the Europa. It can be worn crossbody (or not) and hangs close to the body when not full, but you can really fill it up when you need to. I carry the smaller Alvar as my daily purse and have also used it at Disney when I didn't need to carry as much. I have a few other Kipling's, too. The zipper quality is fanstastic.

I like to go see them in person (at Macy's, usually), but have usually found the best prices purchasing from Amazon.

I love string backpacks. I have a Disneyland one that has a zipper pocket on the front for the important stuff you don't want to dig for. Super lightweight. Perfect.

Another vote for the string cinch backpacks. DD and I bought them last year at WDW, two different designs but both have a front zipper pocket. Zipper pocket was great to carry phone charger and connect to phone because it could still zip up and just leave enough open for cord. I hate packing heavy things and it was perfect, never felt like I was lugging around a giant bag, didn't make my back sweaty like a normal backpack would, especially since we were there in August. I carry a small Vera Bradley cross body purse and I could just toss that in my bag, so there was no back and forth of things in my purse and bag. Also carried a light weight cardigan, I get cold in the AC, and water bottle. Plus there was room for most of the small souvenirs we purchased.

I enjoy the Kipling bags. They're quality bags, lightweight and machine washable.

They make all different sizes/styles. For a bigger bag for day trips or Disney when the kids were younger, I have the Europa. It can be worn crossbody (or not) and hangs close to the body when not full, but you can really fill it up when you need to. I carry the smaller Alvar as my daily purse and have also used it at Disney when I didn't need to carry as much. I have a few other Kipling's, too. The zipper quality is fanstastic.

I like to go see them in person (at Macy's, usually), but have usually found the best prices purchasing from Amazon.

I like the Kipling bags too, though some of them are sort of an odd width, so you should look at them in person. I usually buy them from Macy's because it is easier to return them if it turns out they aren't what I am looking for. I get them online though, when Macy.com has a good percentage of cash back through ebates. I have 3 different bags, 2 crossbody bags of different sizes and one that is a larger messenger style. I still haven't found a perfect backpack for travel for me. My husband has a lightweight hiking backpack from REi (REI brand) that he likes. It is very lightweight and has mesh straps. It is like a drawstring bag, but sturdier.

I have a Hobbit bag that I absolutely adore. It's nice and spacious but it's not overwhelming. I was able to store sunscreen, meds, mini umbrella, phone, keys, baby wipes and bottles of water with room to spare. I even put all of my souvenir purchases in it. It can be a backpack or a cross body bag.

Also: pockets. LOTS of pockets. I had easy access to everything.

519qy-slkEL._SX342_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Hobbit-Logo-Messenger-Size-Brown/dp/B00QMZ3OCI

I love string backpacks. I have a Disneyland one that has a zipper pocket on the front for the important stuff you don't want to dig for. Super lightweight. Perfect.

The one and only time I used one I thought the strings were so uncomfortable! Maybe I had too much stuff in the bag? Im always searching for the perfect solution. My husband carries a backpack but would like to help him lighten the load.

I use a Baggalini messenger bag. It has a bunch of pockets and an elastic pocket on the side that you can put a water bottle in.

The one and only time I used one I thought the strings were so uncomfortable! Maybe I had too much stuff in the bag? Im always searching for the perfect solution. My husband carries a backpack but would like to help him lighten the load.
Maybe doesn't work for all. I travel fairly light. My kids carry all their own stuff. I carry a poncho, light coat, battery extender, phone and a small refillable water bottle.

Probably doesn't work for a mom of young kids.

totally agree!! I took my Kipling last year and it was perfect! I use the one that has two large openings on top and a zipper on the front. It held everything I needed, didn't hold moisture when it rained a bit and didn't make me hot (which was the most important part!!)

I use a Baggalini every year. I buy a new one every year just for my Disney trip. So much room for everything I may need and it's comfortable to wear.

My Baggallini messenger was standard for me when my kids were smaller. It holds more than you'd imagine but isn't big or bulky as a standard sized backpack. You cannot go wrong with it. However, since I'm no longer carrying extra stuff for the kids, I find it a little too big. Last trip I went with a mini backpack (Hershel Dawson Backpack XS) - again, this was almost a little too big, but I found it less cumbersome than the Baggallini messenger.

I'm considering the Baggallini mini-sling for my next trip. If anyone has had any experience with this, let me know.

I don't do slings or crossbodies -- hate how the strap rests between the boobs, it's unflattering on me. So I'm a big fan of backpacks.

This is my park backpack, although mine is plain black:

https://www.target.com/p/embark-153...backpack-orange-blue/-/A-16860994#lnk=sametab

I got it at my local Target for $15 on sale. I like the rubber pulls on the zippers (easy to grab). It has breathable mesh straps and back panel. One side has a water bottle pocket and the other has a zipper side pocket (great for putting my glasses-- I wear glasses AND have prescription sunglasses so it's an easy place to stash whichever glasses I'm not wearing at the moment). I use the laptop compartment to hold a light jacket as I get cold in AC areas. It's got plenty of room without being TOO huge.

I love my 18 liter REI Flash.

Light, comfy, compact and carries a decent load...

IMG_0067.jpg
Goofy4WDW,
I use this clear bag.
Here are my reasons:
1. I can check quickly to see what I have in the bag. I always have a Minnie panic attack that I've left something behind at our last pit stop.
2. It's light, water resistant, wipes clean
3. Security loves it, the airport the parks
4. For the price it's proven to be very durable

I have a Hobbit bag that I absolutely adore. It's nice and spacious but it's not overwhelming. I was able to store sunscreen, meds, mini umbrella, phone, keys, baby wipes and bottles of water with room to spare. I even put all of my souvenir purchases in it. It can be a backpack or a cross body bag.

Also: pockets. LOTS of pockets. I had easy access to everything.

519qy-slkEL._SX342_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Hobbit-Logo-Messenger-Size-Brown/dp/B00QMZ3OCI

This bag looks great! Did you find that since it had lots of pockets that it took longer going through the security points? I've been told to take a bag with few pockets, but I prefer having different pockets to arrange things in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter