Favorite Alaska excursion for group of 7 w kids

Not Disney but in Skagway we did a private tour (for 6 of us, 2 kids) with Beyond Skagway tours. Katie (our guide) drove us up into the Yukon with stops at a Dog sled race training area (puppies!) Carcross desert, and Emerald Lake. We saw bears too. It was my favorite day and nice to be able to tailor the tour to what we wanted to do.

We also used beyond Skagway and were thrilled. They were amazing with adults and kids. My trip report is linked in my signature and has details of the day.

All of our tours were amazing. Juneau- Rum Runners whale watching Ketchikan- show & crab feasr

We were a group of 10 with kids and had three great excursion - Juneau we went whale watching with Harv and Marv, Ketchikan we went on a float plane with Island Wings (the contracted with a second plane since one wasn't enough), and then in Skagway we used Chilkoot Tours - Train up, tour, dog sled, etc.

We loved our Float plane glacier tour to Taku Glacier Lodge out of Juneau. The views were stunning, and then we landed at a remote lodge and had a fresh caught salmon lunch (they also had vegetarian options) and got to explore the area on hiking trails. We even saw bears.

We also loved our helicopter to a glacier tour in Skagway. We flew in a helicopter over some awesome sights and landed on a glacier where you are allowed to explore under several guides. It was simply awesome standing on a glacier.

You can book both of these pretty easily without using Disney. We used Disney because it was just easier for us, and that way if we were delayed the ship would wait (an honest concern when on any flying excursion). If you want to see pictures you can check out our two days of excursions starting here http://frequentlyaskeddisneyblog.com/disney-cruise-alaska-part-24/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter