Favorite affordable Disney Springs restaurant?

I was at Polite Pig yesterday and it was very good. They ask you to tip when you are paying, and I advise not doing this. The cashier stated to me: once you order and sit down, you will get 'full service'. I got NO SERVICE. No help, no refills, nothing. I had tipped 18% on the pay pad and I really felt cheated.

You can always leave cash on the table if your 'server' was excellent.
So they didn’t bring your silverware and food to your table and you threw your own trash away? The refill thing is odd. We’ve been given refills every time we’ve gone.

So they didn’t bring your silverware and food to your table and you threw your own trash away? The refill thing is odd. We’ve been given refills every time we’ve gone.
When I am dining at a TS restaurant, I expect refills, and occasional visits to ask if everything is 'ok'. I would also expect them to bring more sauces, if needed. That is 'full service'.

They dropped off 3 silverware sets wrapped in a napkin, put down our one food tray and that was it. Someone did clear the table. I absolutely do not think it warranted anywhere near 18 or 20% tip.

When I am dining at a TS restaurant, I expect refills, and occasional visits to ask if everything is 'ok'. I would also expect them to bring more sauces, if needed. That is 'full service'.

They dropped off 3 silverware sets wrapped in a napkin, put down our one food tray and that was it. Someone did clear the table. I absolutely do not think it warranted anywhere near 18 or 20% tip.
Tipping before the service is rendered is simply bassakwards and really needs to stop. How did we get to this place? (Sorry for the thread drift.)

Earl of Sandwich for sure. We've actually taken a bus to Springs, picked up sandwiches, put in a tote bag, walked allll the way to the bus stop, dragged on the bus back to BC to relax and eat while watching TV. Crazy I know.
I often stop at EoS on my way out of DS and get a sandwich and trimmings to go, taking it back to my hotel. Since their sides include chips, it’s not like you end up with cold fries. You are not crazy.

I think Chicken Guy has reduced their sauce options recently.
I guess they got rid of the less popular flavors .

Portions at Homecomin are so huge, it's easy to get full on splitting a meal there. DH and I split our brunch entree (upgraded to 2 chicken breasts in stead of a breast and a thigh for around $2) and were stuffed.

I often stop at EoS on my way out of DS and get a sandwich and trimmings to go, taking it back to my hotel. Since their sides include chips, it’s not like you end up with cold fries. You are not crazy.
I downloaded the EOS app so we order ahead and just grab and go.

0n our recent trip, went to EoS night before we flew home, and bought 5 subs to take home !!

I agree with what most of the list. I would eat where you do not have a lot where you live. Chicken Guy was a favorite in the past but this year they seemed to change the chicken. Tasted 100% frozen never did in the past. Hoping it was an off day but someone else went on a different day and said the same.

I think at Polite Pig you only get the standard table service if you are sitting in the tables designated as the 'bar.' In that area they will get drinks, give you refills and check on you. Outside the bar area they basically just drop off your food order.

Polite Pig and Pizza Ponte (their slices are HUGE) are both great values at Disney Springs.

Have to look for Pizza Ponte - don't think I have ever noticed it.
Earl for CS... and Boathouse !!!
Boathouse looked nice but pricey.
If you go at lunch and want a burger STK actually fits your price point. The Wagyu Burger & Fries is $9.99 and is really, really good. There are two or three other items on the lunch menu that are just over $20.

P.S. Don't get a soda there, the price isn't on the menu and I think it was something like $7.
Thanks for warning me about the soda. Definitely won't order one there then.

Cookes of Dublin is also very good! It has indoor and outdoor seating. Sometimes it can be hard to find seating but we go towards the earlier side of lunch and have had no problems.
Will have to check this out on the next trip. Have never been.
Portions at Homecomin are so huge, it's easy to get full on splitting a meal there. DH and I split our brunch entree (upgraded to 2 chicken breasts in stead of a breast and a thigh for around $2) and were stuffed.
Sounds like a good option if you are two or more and can split. For a solo diner it is probably a bit on the expensive side.

Really appreciate everyone's input! Looks like Earl of Sandwich is the favorite, followed by Polite Pig, D-Luxe Burger and Chicken Guy. Wish the Indian place had been open when I went though as I love Indian food.

I think at Polite Pig you only get the standard table service if you are sitting in the tables designated as the 'bar.' In that area they will get drinks, give you refills and check on you. Outside the bar area they basically just drop off your food order.
I would disagree. When I was paying, the cashier, one of the men who was working at the meat counter, said, "there's a tip line for you to fill out". When I hesitated, because I did not expect this, silly me, he said, "you order your food here, but once you sit down and put your number on your table you will get FULL SERVICE JUST LIKE A REGULAR RESTAURANT." This was to his detriment, as I tipped as if in a full service restaurant and got NO SERVICE, leading to an unhappy customer.

I have to stop reading this thread because I am getting annoyed all over again pirate:

Last edited:
The new fast-casual Indian restaurant EET just opened up. I've heard good things about it as well.
I should know the answer but I don't. Ha. Do you know where this Indian casual restaurant will be approximately located at Disney Springs?

It is in between Earl of Sandwich and the Christmas Shop.
VERY interesting. Thank you so much. I travel to Disney with my adult daughter several times a year when husband doesn't go at those times and she and I love Indian food. Thank you.

Morimoto Street food is my favorite, and chicken guy is pretty good too. I really like their mac n cheese.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter