fave non-sneaker shoe for Disney

mrsjmf

Earning My Ears
OK, so I REALLY need some shoes to wear to Disney. I usually wear flips everywhere I go, but I can't wear them for a day at Disney. I have a pair of running shoes, but I prefer not to wear those (my feet get hot, and they aren't as 'cute' ;))

I would like a sandal or [maybe] a ballerina flat type shoe....Show me your favorites so I have some ideas!

Thank you!!!

Last year I wore my Teva Whitewaters to DW. I actually had crocs clogs, tennies, and the Tevas. The only days I had absolutely no problems with feet was the days I wore the Whitewaters. I plan to take them when I go back in a few weeks. They are kind of a cross between a sandal, water shoe, and tennis shoe. They are light, no worries if they get wet, and oh, so comfy. I also think they're pretty cute on. I would post a link, but the Teva site is so slow. Just do a search for them on the website.

and they are on sale for $19.90 http://www.teva.com/ProductDetails.aspx?g=&categoryID=&productID=6729&model=P-2&sale=true
edited: Oh poop. These are P-2s. I did a search for whitewater and that is what came up. Did you mean westwater?

Last year I wore my Teva Whitewaters to DW. I actually had crocs clogs, tennies, and the Tevas. The only days I had absolutely no problems with feet was the days I wore the Whitewaters. I plan to take them when I go back in a few weeks. They are kind of a cross between a sandal, water shoe, and tennis shoe. They are light, no worries if they get wet, and oh, so comfy. I also think they're pretty cute on. I would post a link, but the Teva site is so slow. Just do a search for them on the website.

I would say the run about a 1/2 size too big. I usually wear around a 7.5 and could have used the 7. I got around the problem by putting those Dr. Scholl's cushion things in them. Problem solved and now I have a little more padding for my tootsies. :)

Crocs
Crocs
Crocs!

I have my big ugly Beach (or whatever they're called) and two pairs of Crocs flip flops. Wore them for the first time last trip, no feet problems, no sore legs, back or anything else.

OK, so I REALLY need some shoes to wear to Disney. I usually wear flips everywhere I go, but I can't wear them for a day at Disney. I have a pair of running shoes, but I prefer not to wear those (my feet get hot, and they aren't as 'cute' ;))

I would like a sandal or [maybe] a ballerina flat type shoe....Show me your favorites so I have some ideas!

Thank you!!!

Unless it's super cold (below 50 degrees), I will only wear some kind of sandal. I also hate the hot feet thing!

My go-to sandal for years has been Chacos --- they are spendy, but totally worth it. If they get wet, they dry VERY quickly, and the straps are all adjustable to customize the fit. I've had one pair for over three years, and I wear them at least 4 times a week, 5 months of the year, all day. They still look new.

I just ordered a pair of Keen's Newport H2's... got a great deal @ Sierra Trading Post. I haven't tried Keen's sandals (I have two pairs of shoes that I love), but a couple friends have them and swear by them, so I'm going to give them a shot.

I've worn Birkenstocks too, but the ones with cork soles can be troublesome if it rains or you get wet, so I typically only wear them on non-park days.

The biggest thing to do is to have more than one pair of comfortable, broken in shoes/sandals that you plan on wearing. Plan on alternating them, so you aren't wearing the same pair every day. The broken-in part is critical - you don't want to get a ton of blisters or have essentially unwearable shoes for your trip.

Mom & I have heel spurs (not bothering either of us right now--hoping for the best!) Neither of us find Skechers or croc slides (kinda like flip flops) to be supportive enough.
Keens, Fitflops & Birkenstocks served me well on the last trip. Birks are fine unless there is a downpour & you are out in it--not so good for them.
$19.99 for Tevas is a GREAT price...I would order a pair to take if we weren't headed out in 48 hours!

Thank you!!!

I also used to think that I couldn't wear flip flops at Disney; however now I've been wearing Crocs Athens and Teva Mush with no problems.

crocs
crocs
crocs

We do alot of amusment parks and crocs are the only shoes that get me through the whole day.

FitFlops - they are really comfortable and supportive. :goodvibes

I love the Croc Malindi style. Perfect because my feet are pretty much walking on air and it has a back strap so they wont fall off in case of rain or running throug the the park :banana:

I've found that anything is okay as long as they're broken in before you go, my worst problem with walking a lot is blisters from new shoes. But in general, I would recommend a ballet flat with elastic at the back -- you have to make sure to break them in though!

If you want super comfort without ugliness... adidas makes some great ballet style crossover sneakers, like this. I wear them with a skirt and tights to keep it on the cute side. Try googling adidas "sleek low" series.

Keens-Newport H2's.....love 'em.
Be sure to bring a second set of shoes. You're feet will thank you for switching off and if a pair gets wet you'll have a back-up.

I've found that anything is okay as long as they're broken in before you go, my worst problem with walking a lot is blisters from new shoes. But in general, I would recommend a ballet flat with elastic at the back -- you have to make sure to break them in though!

If you want super comfort without ugliness... adidas makes some great ballet style crossover sneakers, like this. I wear them with a skirt and tights to keep it on the cute side. Try googling adidas "sleek low" series.

Do these have a good arch? I miss wearing flats because most of them offer no support at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter