• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Father's Day Suggestions

pea&angel

Earning My Ears
Help! I'm trying to figure out how to celebrate father's Day at Disney. I have a Dining plan, but I didn't think about father's Day when I chose a restaurant for this day. We're going to lunch at Liberty Tree. Can anyone suggest a restaurant for dinner? I was thinking about trying a restaurant in downtown Disney or at oone of the hotels. TIA

Help! I'm trying to figure out how to celebrate father's Day at Disney. I have a Dining plan, but I didn't think about father's Day when I chose a restaurant for this day. We're going to lunch at Liberty Tree. Can anyone suggest a restaurant for dinner? I was thinking about trying a restaurant in downtown Disney or at oone of the hotels. TIA

Is this for your husband? Or maybe you're the dad? lol- i'm gonna write this as if you're talking about for your husband and if i'm wrong forgive me!!!

What kind of food does he like? If I were picking for my husband- the place I know he's excited about this trip that's not at a park is Raglan Road at dtd.
Also, if we were doing a date night i'd take him to Jellyrolls cuz he really likes it there. He also really likes just hanging out at the boardwalk and walking around.
I woudl just base it all on whatever kind of food he likes. Just read menu after menu.

I really didn't think about it either when choosing my ADR's and it wasn't until I had chose the restaurants and looked at the day then realized that I got Le Cellier on Father's Day!!! My husband will be so thrilled as he's a meat and potato kind of guy!

Was lucky I guess!:banana:

I really didn't think about it either when choosing my ADR's and it wasn't until I had chose the restaurants and looked at the day then realized that I got Le Cellier on Father's Day!!! My husband will be so thrilled as he's a meat and potato kind of guy!

Was lucky I guess!:banana:

I did the same thing. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I got about half way through this thread and had a moment of panick. I had to go check to see where we were eating for Father's Day. DH is getting his Father's Day early....a Richard Petty Ride-Along and ESPN Club. We will be eating dinner at Le Cellier on Father's Day. My DH is a meat and potato man, also. :thumbsup2

I'll be taking my husband and my fil to Olivia's at OKW for Father's Day. I had originally planned on O'Hana but changed it to Olivia's since we are checking in that day and a quiet meal at the resort will be nice.

If you want to be near the MK, you might try the Wave at the CR. Its getting great reviews right now.

In DTD, Raglan Road is supposed to be very good, my husband also likes Wolfgang Puck's and Rainforest Cafe (that one isn't on the DDP though).

If my husband could choose anyplace, he'd probably want to eat at ESPN Zone at the Boardwalk, have some beer and wings and nachos and watch a game. But sadly, he can't pick, my fil is with us and he hates sports and bars so that won't work!

Availabilty might be getting tight, that's coming up!

Well, if it were for my dad, I'd head over to ESPN Zone or the brewery (Big River Grille). My pop loves sports and beer, plus the Boardwalk is a nice setting.

If you want to go to Downtown Disney, I'd check out Raglan Road. I'm not really a fan of the other sit-down restaurants at DTD.

Also, Brown Derby is a nice option if you're looking for something inside a park.

I'll keep thinking,
Nathan

My husband's dining requests for the trip (in general) were Big River, Sci-Fi, and Jiko. Make of that what you will. :rotfl:

Can you arrange for one of the tours? Maybe a kid-friendly one like Behind the Seeds or Magic of Our Steam Trains?

We went to WDW on Father's Day a couple years ago. The kids wore some really cute "I love Dad" t-shirts that I found at Old Navy. The letters for "I" and "Dad" were big, black, block letters and the love was a big read heart. So, they really stood out. People noticed them everywhere we went and told DH "Happy Father's day" all day long. The Queen of Hearts teased my kids about their shirts during the parade. It was a really easy and great way to celebrate the day. I'm not sure if Old Navy still sells the shirts, but I'm sure you could probably find/make one on Zazzle or CafePress.

Good Luck
Leslie

We too have plans to visit Disney on father's day. Other than that I'm at loss when it comes choosing father's day gifts... I'm going to get him a '#1 Dad' tshirt/hat combo from the kids, and a clock that looks like a car brake for his office.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter