Fastpass return or replacement?

That’s my plan as well, make full use of EE and EMH’s. I can’t imagine they be using Genie then as they never used FP during those times, but I haven’t been able to get that answered for sure.
I do remember reading somewhere there would be no Genie, just regular standbye lines for EE and EMH’s.

I posted this on another thread but I will here to incase anyone missed it

according to this video at the 43 second mark there is no height requirement for smugglers run 🙄

it also has slinky at the 43 second mark to say it’s included in genie+

Good catch! I had to pause the video to see it. MFSR and SDD are "included in your upgrade".

Do we expect boarding groups for Rise (and soon Remy) to be smaller than before to accommodate LL? I envision it becoming even more difficult to secure a BG because of this which turns into purchasing the LL for access.

For RotR, I'm figuring they're going to have to estimate some sort of % of the BGs to be allocated to $LL, which in theory would then reduce the overall BGs available in the morning. Anyone want to guess how they may break down the BG vs $LL availability? In any case, Rise will still sell out within minutes as most guests will try for the VQ at 7AM, and if they don't get a battle group many guests will immediately purchase a LL selling them out. I'm guessing the same thing would happen if they continue a 1PM drop.

I don't see Remy being as much of an issue as it should be a high volume fast loading attraction. The VQ baffles me a bit on this one ... I just can't see it getting RoTR or FoP style demand, but then again Frozen had insane lines when it opened which shocked me as well ?

I don't see Remy being as much of an issue as it should be a high volume fast loading attraction. The VQ baffles me a bit on this one ... I just can't see it getting RoTR or FoP style demand, but then again Frozen had insane lines when it opened which shocked me as well ?
Remy will be new and in high demand. Everyone will want to ride it. People have waited years for it already. Lol. I can definitely see why a VQ is being offered for this.

The Frozen movie was insanely popular. Families lined up for hours in Epcot to meet Ana and Elsa. They got that ride up and running in (Disney) record time to cash in on the popularity.

Remy will be new and in high demand. Everyone will want to ride it. People have waited years for it already. Lol. I can definitely see why a VQ is being offered for this.

The Frozen movie was insanely popular. Families lined up for hours in Epcot to meet Ana and Elsa. They got that ride up and running in (Disney) record time to cash in on the popularity.

The point is that the ride by design doesnt need a virtual queue.

Its literally only being included as a money grab...pick a or b and if you want to do both you have to pay more.

No this was coming no matter what. Disney announced Genie a few years back. I think this just sped up the process a little.

so you think it would have just been fast pass and then the following day at some point it would have been chargeable

might have been more up rage about it that way because there has been no fast pass for 18 months then it’s made it a bit easier for them I think

Hopefully with the new Genie+ system they will open boarding group reservations at 0700 for resort guests only, and in the park for others. That should improve availability significantly for those staying on property.

Hopefully with the new Genie+ system they will open boarding group reservations at 0700 for resort guests only, and in the park for others. That should improve availability significantly for those staying on property.

So far from what's known, the VQ boarding groups will remain the same as it is now. But resort guests will have have the option to purchase $LL access to a BG at 7AM before the non-resort guests at park open

While I personally feel like that would be a fantastic perk, it also completely negates what they're trying to do. They're giving on site the ability to be the first to pay for the privilege of riding, which means they would greatly prefer that all the BG's are gone for the on site folks, so they can say "Sorry, boarding groups are gone, but you can still ride! Click here to purchase LL access and don't miss out on the bestest ride ever!"

While I personally feel like that would be a fantastic perk, it also completely negates what they're trying to do. They're giving on site the ability to be the first to pay for the privilege of riding, which means they would greatly prefer that all the BG's are gone for the on site folks, so they can say "Sorry, boarding groups are gone, but you can still ride! Click here to purchase LL access and don't miss out on the bestest ride ever!"

Along with that, you'll have the offsite folks who might not even get the opportunity to purchase $LL if they sell out before park open ... which will incentivize people to stay at the Disney partner resorts

Along with that, you'll have the offsite folks who might not even get the opportunity to purchase $LL if they sell out before park open ... which will incentivize people to stay at the Disney partner resorts

I'm sure they'll try to pass that off as a perk, but I don't know too many people that would fall for that spin. I don't know too many people that would say "Oh man, if we just spend thousands more to stay on site, we'll be the first ones to be able to have the privilege to spend even more money to go on a ride!"

I don't believe that it would push very many to stay on site. But plenty of people, even just on these boards, are now saying the opposite. If I stay off site, I can use that savings to spend on G+ or LL+.

We'll see if it makes a dent in things though. If it doesn't significantly affect on site booking levels in a negative way, Disney will consider this a win.

so you think it would have just been fast pass and then the following day at some point it would have been chargeable

might have been more up rage about it that way because there has been no fast pass for 18 months then it’s made it a bit easier for them I think
I suspect they would have announced a date for implementation at least a few months in advance or, if possible, had both systems running concurrently to allow those that had already booked their vacations to still have the free FP+. Still would have been an uproar but anyone booking would have had an opportunity to know what they're getting into.

For RotR, I'm figuring they're going to have to estimate some sort of % of the BGs to be allocated to $LL, which in theory would then reduce the overall BGs available in the morning. Anyone want to guess how they may break down the BG vs $LL availability? In any case, Rise will still sell out within minutes as most guests will try for the VQ at 7AM, and if they don't get a battle group many guests will immediately purchase a LL selling them out. I'm guessing the same thing would happen if they continue a 1PM drop.
I'm just guessing, or maybe hoping is a better verb in this case, they will either not allow purchases of the BG spaces the day of or at least after the VQ is set. I expect that unless they price them really high the effect will still be that there is little to no chance of riding without purchasing but if they allow purchases after the VQ each morning the chances will drop still further. As the de facto travel agent for my group on my upcoming trip I've already asked family members to start thinking about how much, if anything, they're willing to pay to ride RotR.

I'm just guessing, or maybe hoping is a better verb in this case, they will either not allow purchases of the BG spaces the day of or at least after the VQ is set. I expect that unless they price them really high the effect will still be that there is little to no chance of riding without purchasing but if they allow purchases after the VQ each morning the chances will drop still further. As the de facto travel agent for my group on my upcoming trip I've already asked family members to start thinking about how much, if anything, they're willing to pay to ride RotR.

I think they'll sell as many as they can sell, and they'll bump BG's to do it. Having a BG is not a guarantee that you will get to ride. They would much rather have sad people and more money than sad people and less money.

I think they'll sell as many as they can sell, and they'll bump BG's to do it. Having a BG is not a guarantee that you will get to ride. They would much rather have sad people and more money than sad people and less money.
That's my fear, I actually am worried they could bump the price up post-VQ as once someone has missed out on the free opportunity they might be more willing to pay even more rather than risking missing out on their annual trip.

That's my fear, I actually am worried they could bump the price up post-VQ as once someone has missed out on the free opportunity they might be more willing to pay even more rather than risking missing out on their annual trip.

They might not do that initially, but I can almost guarantee that's something they have discussed once they're comfortable with everything. Surge pricing on park tickets, why not surge pricing on rides? If people will pay it, they will charge it.

They might not do that initially, but I can almost guarantee that's something they have discussed once they're comfortable with everything. Surge pricing on park tickets, why not surge pricing on rides? If people will pay it, they will charge it.

I already assumed that the $LL will have variable surge pricing from the get-go. They may not turn that switch immediately, but soon enough you could see the price for LL access change throughout the day ... if the demand really starts surging towards the afternoon just jack the price up immediately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter