Fastpass return or replacement?

I wonder which will result in more comments:

If the news drop actually happens

Or

If the news drop doesn't happen, after all this build up

I feel like either one is going to result in heads (and keyboards) exploding.... Lol

Me, too. But if this news is dropping today instead of late Friday afternoon, Disney must think it's a good thing and not likely to blow up the internet in a negative way before the weekend. In the past, they've dropped bad news late on a Friday evening after the stock market has closed.

As bad as Disney has been with PR lately, I expect this to go rather badly for us.

ianime0 — “I swear, I'm sweating like a sinner in church!”...

I wonder which will result in more comments:

If the news drop actually happens

Or

If the news drop doesn't happen, after all this build up

I feel like either one is going to result in heads (and keyboards) exploding.... Lol
Well there's a pretty small universe of us who are watching this thread obsessively.

If there is big, CNN-worth news, I imagine it will drive a lot of infrequent posters to the site, and we'll see a proliferation of threads to express our outrage, burn effigies of Bob Chapek, etc.

If they thought it was going to be bad for shareholders they wouldn’t be announcing it in this manner (national media, mid week, afternoon). They’d try to take it out with the trash (quietly on a Friday, end of day).

I have zero insight, but I still feel some kind of hybrid is the most likely structure for genie. A set number of “free” abilities to enhance your experience and then a monetized pay per extra or pay per package of extras to get you even more enhancements.

I am okay with there being some charging for extras as long as there remains some kind of reasonable "free" option.

What I am hearing elsewhere is Disney has given the info out to most media and they are not allowed to report til after 4pm EST. I guess Slappie wants to be at home so he doesnt have to hear how badly this goes over.

I am okay with there being some charging for extras as long as there remains some kind of reasonable "free" option.
I would agree. As I said, I have zero insight. I just see it as the most common sense approach. It might be fewer free options than before, but it’s a bit like giving a sample….here’s a taste that will make you want more.

I am very anxious about this…. More in a I just want to know way
I agree...and maybe I’m underestimating what will be said... but I feel like “CNN worthy” is a bit extreme. I mean half the people at WDW already think you have to pay for fast passes lol. And after Covid and the whole world shutting down...can a genie really rock/wreck my world that much???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter