Fastpass return or replacement?

Seems like 3pm is the magical time. Was told to look for a disney parks blog post. I don't have any details beyond that.

Hopefully nothing co-opts the planned news drop. I checked after the mask change and was told this is still happening today for Genie.

brutal this waiting

thats 8pm here in the uk 😂

I don't know the answer to this, but were Disneyland APs available immediately after the news release of the changes?

No, three weeks later for them but they completely ended their existing program and are starting a new one (athough way more similar than any of us thought). Since the expectation is that WDW’s system will basically be the same (besides an increase in price) as what’s allowed to be renewed now, I’m hopeful they are immediately available with the announcement.

And it was required on the ride itself, now they aren't required on outdoor rides. Or outdoor theaters.
Since I need more clarification :rolleyes1, for example, on BTMRR, where you start the line outside, it goes inside for a while but then the ride is outside, am I now only required to wear a mask on the inside queue area but I can take it off when the ride hits outside?

thanks!

Since I need more clarification :rolleyes1, for example, on BTMRR, where you start the line outside, it goes inside for a while but then the ride is outside, am I now only required to wear a mask on the inside queue area but I can take it off when the ride hits outside?

thanks!

I believe that is correct. While you are waiting outdoors you would not be required to wear it, but you should put it on once the queue becomes indoors. The ride - it's hard to say for rides that transition between outdoors and indoors. I generally think of BTTMR as a outdoor ride, but it does have indoor sections. I'd probably just leave it on personally.

Last edited:
I believe that is correct. While you are waiting outdoors you would not be required to wear it, but you should put it on once the queue becomes indoors. The ride - it's hard to say for rides that transition between outdoors and indoors. I generally think of BTTMR as a outdoor ride, but it does have indoor section. I'd probably just leave it on personally.
I was thinking it would be weird to have an off/on/off mask situation going on with that ride, and we don't go back until mid-November who knows what the rules will be by then!

thanks!

I was thinking it would be weird to have an off/on/off mask situation going on with that ride, and we don't go back until mid-November who knows what the rules will be by then!

thanks!

Yeah, I mean jsut use your best judgement. I for one don't think it's unreasonable to be confused by specific situations, especially with it changing all the time. A good faith error is easily forgiveable as opposed to those who knowingly flaunt Disney's rules.

To save me from going through 78 pages of posts, anyone want to explain what all this excitement is about?

To answer this I would need to know what level of knowledge you’re at. Do you know Fastpass is gone? Do you know about paid Fastpass? Do the terms “genie app” or “Lightning pass” mean anything to you?? 🤣
Know about FP, know it's currently not available. Know some form of paid FP was being discussed. Limited knowledge of Genie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter