Fastpass Plus Plan with Park Hopping - Your help needed!

disneyfanbecky

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone!

This is my first time planning a trip since fastpass plus and I'd love help with day 1 and 4! Thank you so much in advance!

• Day 1 - Saturday start with EMH at AK, then go to Epcot in the afternoon. Should we plan our fastpass plus for AK or for Epcot? For AK of fastpass rides, we want to do kilimanjaro safaris, everest, dinosaur and river rapids. For Epcot, we want to do test track, soarin, and character spot.
  • Day 2 - Hollywood Studios. Might park hop that evening, but thinking will just go ahead and book FP+ here for TSMM, ToT and maybe Little Mermaid (star tours and rollercoaster would make us feel sick). Hopefully could use the next ones if we decide to park hop.

• Day 3 - MK all day! Start with 7 dwarves, peter pan, and splash mountain.

• Day 4 - Start with EMH Epcot, then MK. Not sure if we should plan our fastpass plus for Epcot or MK?

Keep in mind that Epcot has tiers so you can't have fast passes for both Soarin and TT. Test track has a single rider line if you don't mind being seperated from others in your party.

Other than that it depends on your must-do's, your tolerance for waiting in line, how busy it is when you visit, and whether you plan to go at rope drop or stay late.

After you finish your fast passes in one park you can book a fourth in any park. And you can modify at any time.

Have a great trip!

Doing a tiered park in the afternoon makes it hard to justify saving FPs for the second park. But the way you have your days split, that's probably what I would do. Just know that you're really only going to get one decent FP out of the deal that day.

We usually like to get our FPs for the second park.

With your schedule and preferences, we would probably get the FPs the first day at Epcot. If you arrive at DAK for EMH you should be able to do the things you listed with reasonable waits in the first few hours after opening. Then you could use FPs for Character Spot, one of Soarin or TT, and one other thing (we usually take Spaceship Earth). You can do the other one of Soarin or TT on the morning you start at Epcot, saving your FPs to use at MK later.

There are park hopping FP tips in the FP FAQ Addendum sticky at the top of this forum. :)

Thanks everyone for your help so far!

I've read the sticky's but am more looking for specific feedback on this plan - mostly because I am also not familiar with which of those rides wouldn't really need FP. For example, maybe we should not book FP for AK because it is better used at Epcot. We can either plan to use FP for Epcot for the first day (instead of AK) or for the fourth day (instead of MK) so just interested in others opinions on what they would do :)

It was to give you an idea that you don't have to have 3 FPs in 1 park before you hop.

Example: For Day #2 - FP TSMM. As soon as you enter TSMM's FP line, book 2 FPs for Park #2 because you don't need FP for ToT or Little Mermaid.

Imho, I would not use my FP in AK if I was going to EMH. I would use them for later in the day at Epcot. I would start with safari, use single rider at EE and wait if I had to at Dinosaur. You don't need FP for any of the current shows. I'm not sure when ROL will open and if that will require a FP in order to get a decent seat.

Then I would book my 3 FPs at Epcot. Unfortunately Epcot has tiers, so you will only get one headliner. After you complete all three, you can try to book another headliner as your 4th.

On the other day I would use my FPs at MK because MK has no tiers and will be busy later in the day. If I wanted to do it all, I would power walk to FEA at rope drop, then plan to wait in line for Soarin and do single rider on TT.

But that's me. As I said earlier, it really depends on what's important to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter