• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass + on Standby?

Cmeller

Earning My Ears
Haven't heard any new updates about the FP+ roll out. It seemed like there was lots of rumors, even bracelets that were going to be mailed out in the short term. However, it seems very quiet lately..

We have a vacation planned for 6/12-6/18 and I was almost sure from the threads I was reading months ago that it would be rolled out by then. Now it looks like we will need to use the normal fastpass system.

Haven't heard any new updates about the FP+ roll out. It seemed like there was lots of rumors, even bracelets that were going to be mailed out in the short term. However, it seems very quiet lately..

We have a vacation planned for 6/12-6/18 and I was almost sure from the threads I was reading months ago that it would be rolled out by then. Now it looks like we will need to use the normal fastpass system.

So it would seem. Join the rest of us in waiting for news....

Shockingly, it appears as if there were some technical issues that needed to be fixed before they could roll it out.

Plan on traditional FP. I've heard a date, and that it's been pushed back, both from a couple of sources. Not sure whether the date was the date it was pushed back FROM or TO, but in either event, your trip is unlikely to have FP+.

good to know! hopefully its accurate info - and even better would be if it stays away until after 6-21 :cool2:
Plan on traditional FP. I've heard a date, and that it's been pushed back, both from a couple of sources. Not sure whether the date was the date it was pushed back FROM or TO, but in either event, your trip is unlikely to have FP+.

Shockingly, it appears as if there were some technical issues that needed to be fixed before they could roll it out.
LOL... the most shocking thing about that is that they decided to wait instead of throwing it out and just letting what happens happen. Very unlike them to actually want to something to work right when it launches :rotfl:

I was there yesterday and I overheard him say next year. I didn't really believe him as he was talking about few other things that didn't make sense...

I hope this is true - we are there June 1-8 and we are taking a family of first timers with us - I really want to tour the way we always do - getting more than 3 or 4 fastpasses in one day and at multiple parks. This will be our first trip since fast pass return times are enforced.

I do not want to be one of the first groups that has to do this. I hope that whatever disers are there when it does happen can provide us feedback. Regardless, if they mess up anyone's touring plan because it comes out and doesn't work, has issues, etc. they will likely make things 'right' with those guests that have issues, I do believe in Disney's customer service. But when you can only go once every few years, it would be a shame to have to be there when it does come out and have it negatively impact your trip. If it works perfectly (hmmm....) then I guess it wouldn't be so bad, but I think that is unlikely.

One major issue I have is that all package holders will have to use the system, so does that mean I only get the pre-scheduled 3 or 4 FP's and then someone purchasing a ticket gets to use unlimited FP's while they are still rolling out the system - that is not fair in my opinion - but it's all unknown. Keeping my fingers crossed for a positive outcome.pixiedust:

I hope this is true - we are there June 1-8 and we are taking a family of first timers with us - I really want to tour the way we always do - getting more than 3 or 4 fastpasses in one day and at multiple parks. This will be our first trip since fast pass return times are enforced.

I do not want to be one of the first groups that has to do this. I hope that whatever disers are there when it does happen can provide us feedback. Regardless, if they mess up anyone's touring plan because it comes out and doesn't work, has issues, etc. they will likely make things 'right' with those guests that have issues, I do believe in Disney's customer service. But when you can only go once every few years, it would be a shame to have to be there when it does come out and have it negatively impact your trip. If it works perfectly (hmmm....) then I guess it wouldn't be so bad, but I think that is unlikely.

One major issue I have is that all package holders will have to use the system, so does that mean I only get the pre-scheduled 3 or 4 FP's and then someone purchasing a ticket gets to use unlimited FP's while they are still rolling out the system - that is not fair in my opinion - but it's all unknown. Keeping my fingers crossed for a positive outcome.pixiedust:

It does appear that would be a possibility.

But like someone else posted on a prior thread, I think Disney will make it a priority to see this new system rolled out amid positive fanfare. I highly doubt they would make the first ones in the system appear to be at a big disadvantage.

Stay tuned...........

I agree. I think they MUST be aware of the speculation about this entire system and they know it has to be positively unveiled or it will be a PR nightmare for them! (if it isn't already - the non-diser general public type still has people that can't figure out the current fast pass - I can't imagine they will figure out the new system!)

Robo or anyone else that can help.....

Going in June, going to upgrade to AP(after first use) should I keep the key card so that we can FP when we want to or do I also upgrade/trade for the bracelet.

Fastpass is much more important to me than the bracelet, but the bracelet would be cool to go ahead and get.

Robo or anyone else that can help.....

Going in June, going to upgrade to AP(after first use) should I keep the key card so that we can FP when we want to or do I also upgrade/trade for the bracelet.

Fastpass is much more important to me than the bracelet, but the bracelet would be cool to go ahead and get.

The bracelet isn't available, and I personally don't think it will be by June. Just my guess.

Wait, I know I saw somewhere that they opened a trade in area at Epcot. Did I miss understand that?

Yes. The "trade area" is to change old-style APs (with only mag stripes) for new-style APs with RFID and mag stripes. Bracelets are NOT what's being offered here.

Yes. The "trade area" is to change old-style APs (with only mag stripes) for new-style APs with RFID and mag stripes. Bracelets are NOT what's being offered here.

Ok. I think I was confusing the RFiD with the bracelets, thinking they were the same.

So I should or should not upgrade to the new one?

Ok. I think I was confusing the RFiD with the bracelets, thinking they were the same.

So I should or should not upgrade to the new one?

The only current advantage to changing out for RFID media is supposedly faster entry into the parks, as reported by most posters. Some other posters and CMs however dispute how much faster it is. YMMV.

To be fair, there was a picture released of the new bracelets displayed at the trade area (the Odyssey at Epcot), but they are not actually being offered now. That is probably what helped to confuse things. :goodvibes

The only current advantage to changing out for RFID media is supposedly faster entry into the parks, as reported by most posters. Some other posters and CMs however dispute how much faster it is. YMMV.

To be fair, there was a picture released of the new bracelets displayed at the trade area (the Odyssey at Epcot), but they are not actually being offered now. That is probably what helped to confuse things. :goodvibes

I think it works for checking out at some of the shops as well. Although I'm not sure how much of an advantage that is.

Thank you all for the help. I was confusing the RFID with the bracelets thinking they were one and the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter