• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fastpass Hacks Worked!

clarklink

Master Planner
My 60-day Fastpass window opened this morning and although I jumped on right at 7 AM was unable to get a few of the ones I wanted near our arrival date until I remembered reading elsewhere that sometimes you can get one for a single visitor then add the rest of the party. Once I had to add them one at a time and another time I had to take a different slot and change it later, but these moves totally worked. Within an hour I was able to reserve all 21 of our Fastpasses with windows that matched every one of my TouringPlans coordinating around 8 dining reservations, parades, a makeover at Bippidi Boppidi Boutique, and a childcare reservation at Lilo's Playhouse for date night.

I'm a little confused about when you said "another time I had to take a different slot and change it later". What do you mean by that?

I'm a little confused about when you said "another time I had to take a different slot and change it later". What do you mean by that?

I'm guessing OP just modified from one time to another.
I think that is what OP thinks is a hack.

Sometimes the app gives you more options for a FP ride you already hold. So if you want a ride, you take the FP for a time that isn't ideal then keep refreshing the times using the "modify" option. Usually it will eventually give you the option you DO want.

Being an educated person OP knows that one definition of a hack is "a quick solution that solves a problem in a nontraditional way." It would not have occurred to me reserving a Fastpass for a time when we have a character meal and could not use it would afford me the opportunity to change it to a time that just minutes ago was not available. I don't know if others cancelled in that few minutes, but I do know it was easier to change the throw away then try to book a new one from scratch.

Not really hacks.
You just modified.
I like playing the FP+ game.

I'm guessing OP just modified from one time to another.
I think that is what OP thinks is a hack.

Totally falls into the modern definition of a hack.

From UD.

"To jury-rig or improvise something inelegant but effective, usually as a temporary solution to a problem."

"a clever solution to a tricky problem"

"to hack is to mod or change something in an extrodinary way"

No normal person would see no availability for the whole party or no availability for the time, and think to make a reservation for one person, or for another time, then go back and modify it.

To do those things is a hack. It's also modifying. But without people figuring out these runarounds, aka these hacks, we wouldn't have known about them because they aren't logical.

Being an educated person OP knows that one definition of a hack is "a quick solution that solves a problem in a nontraditional way." It would not have occurred to me reserving a Fastpass for a time when we have a character meal and could not use it would afford me the opportunity to change it to a time that just minutes ago was not available.

Exactly.

Totally falls into the modern definition of a hack.

From UD.

"To jury-rig or improvise something inelegant but effective, usually as a temporary solution to a problem."

"a clever solution to a tricky problem"

"to hack is to mod or change something in an extrodinary way"

No normal person would see no availability for the whole party or no availability for the time, and think to make a reservation for one person, or for another time, then go back and modify it.

To do those things is a hack. It's also modifying. But without people figuring out these runarounds, aka these hacks, we wouldn't have known about them because they aren't logical.

Exactly.

So I'm not normal then apparently....

Yeah that's not a hack you were always with in the defined field of play so to speak, but congratulations on getting what you needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter