FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Can I book a FP+ for one day while my wife is on another computer booking FP for a different day? Or will it get confused? Does it matter or make a difference if we both log into the same account, or if I log into mine and she in her's?

Question: Can I book a FP+ for one day while my wife is on another computer booking FP for a different day? Or will it get confused? Does it matter or make a difference if we both log into the same account, or if I log into mine and she in her's?
You'll be fine using two computers and booking for random days of your visit.

There was a recent thread where a family did this by having each ride listed on a post-it note with the date and target time. Then they just booked the FPs according to the info on the stack of post-its.

Be sure to book your highest priority rides first and then fill in the others later.

You'll be fine using two computers and booking for random days of your visit.

There was a recent thread where a family did this by having each ride listed on a post-it note with the date and target time. Then they just booked the FPs according to the info on the stack of post-its.

Be sure to book your highest priority rides first and then fill in the others later.

Thanks. It all depends on FOP. Our ideal AK day is our day 2. But I have doubts I'll get FP for FOP for day 2. Our plan is Day 1 Sunday starting at HS; then AK, MK (party day), Pool day and MK night, Ep, Ep (half day). The first Epcot day is our DD's birthday and I really want to be in Epcot so we can get lunch at Beaches n Cream and have the big ice cream for her "cake". I could switch the second Epcot day on Friday to a second AK day, but I'd prefer two days for food and wine.

Thanks. It all depends on FOP. Our ideal AK day is our day 2. But I have doubts I'll get FP for FOP for day 2. Our plan is Day 1 Sunday starting at HS; then AK, MK (party day), Pool day and MK night, Ep, Ep (half day). The first Epcot day is our DD's birthday and I really want to be in Epcot so we can get lunch at Beaches n Cream and have the big ice cream for her "cake". I could switch the second Epcot day on Friday to a second AK day, but I'd prefer two days for food and wine.
Switching AK and your pool/MK night would give you a better chance of booking FoP. Or, switch your 2nd Epcot day with AK for Day 2... can Friday only be a 1/2 day?

Switching AK and your pool/MK night would give you a better chance of booking FoP. Or, switch your 2nd Epcot day with AK for Day 2... can Friday only be a 1/2 day?

I don't want to hijack the thread, but here is a short summary of my plans.

Sun: arrive and HS at night for Fantasmic and a couple rides and dinner.
Mon: AK planned full day;l Yak and Yeti.
Tues: MK day, party day but we don't have tickets and planned to do TOTWL for the fireworks
Weds: pool day and then MK at around 5 ish for dinner/fireworks/EMHs
Thurs: Epcot full day. DDs birthday.
Friday: Epcot morning / Luau at Poly for dinner at 5pm.

I can really change any of it. None of our ADRs are that big though the wife would like to stick with a Yak and Yeti meal and the Luau. The only items I'd prefer is Thursday I'd like to do the big ice cream for DDS birthday unless I can figure out a different idea on Thursday at AK. Tuesday I'd like to do the TOWTL, but its not critical. The three FP targets are of course FOP, 7DMT and Frozen.

EDIT: we also usually do a pool day mid week to recoup. We could do a half day at AK on Weds and a pool day the rest.

The three FP targets are of course FOP, 7DMT and Frozen.
Because the 2 of you will be booking FPs, you should check for FoP on Day#2 while DW checks for FoP on Friday morning. Book whichever day has FoP and also check another easily switchable day for FoP and book it if necessary.

Then book FEA then 7D.

We are staying with friends that are DVC members.
Our FP+ 60 day mark is this Saturday.
They are going to have the 7 day promotion tickets, while we apparently can't get them because we don't live in the same household (how this is verified? I don't know)
We are then going to buy a 6 day Magic tickets.
If all of our tickets are linked to our respective MDE's, and we are linked to their hotel reservation, can my wife and I book all of the FP+s for the entire group at 7am?
Will there be some conflict being that theirs are DVC account tickets and ours aren't?

Last edited:
For FoP? Yes.
I have found that the first 3 days of FP for FoP are gone every time I have gone to book FP for a trip. I have only found FP starting on day 4 and those were in the PM. I just booked for an Oct trip yesterday and the same was true when I booked for my August trip a couple months ago. Others are reporting the same experience. A few are finding them on day 3 but it's much more rare. Most everyone is finding them on day 4 and on. The later in the trip the earlier in the day you can find them. By day 5 most are finding them in the morning.

AngiTN, thank you for this post, it's alleviated a bit of my anxiety about getting a FP for FoP on day 5 of my trip. I'm going for 9 days 4/2-4/10/18 (busy time of year, its the week right after Easter). My scheduled full day at AK is day 5 of the trip, and I was considering moving it to day 8 solely to guarantee a FP, even though that would mess up our schedule a bit. I think I'll leave our schedule as is, and keep fingers crossed its available when my window opens. I'm actually partial to evening FPs, so time of day isn't an issue.

AngiTN, thank you for this post, it's alleviated a bit of my anxiety about getting a FP for FoP on day 5 of my trip. I'm going for 9 days 4/2-4/10/18 (busy time of year, its the week right after Easter). My scheduled full day at AK is day 5 of the trip, and I was considering moving it to day 8 solely to guarantee a FP, even though that would mess up our schedule a bit. I think I'll leave our schedule as is, and keep fingers crossed its available when my window opens. I'm actually partial to evening FPs, so time of day isn't an issue.
I'd keep an eye on things but as long as nothing goes wrong where a theater has to be taken down or something, I think you'll be fine. I'd keep your plans with AK at day 5 and try for FP on that day. Maybe make an alternate set of plans with AK on day 8, just in case and if you can't get a FP on day 5, immediately go to day 8 and do your back up plan. But I really think day 5 will work out.

Because the 2 of you will be booking FPs, you should check for FoP on Day#2 while DW checks for FoP on Friday morning. Book whichever day has FoP and also check another easily switchable day for FoP and book it if necessary.

Then book FEA then 7D.

Just looking at my log in profile. Mine does not show all the reservations and tickets, just mine. My wife's show everyone (DW, DW, DD and grand parents) reservations and tickets. I'm guessing I cannot book FPs on mine. Can I book FPs on two different computers but using the same account, my wife's?

So we were having some issues with customer service and our planning process with Disney so far.

I contacted a wonderful cast member who not only helped solve our issues but gave us an extra 2 FP/person/per day.

She didn't explain those other than saying thatthey don't need scheduled, and couldn't be used on select attractions. Does anyone have an experience with these/how they work?

If you click on the FP in MDE it should tell you what's excluded. Other than those, you can use them anywhere else. Simply walk up and scan at any time.
To expand one warning with these GS/anytime FP.
Don't try to use one of them on a ride where you have a scheduled FP inside the grace period for that FP.
Example.
You have a FP for Peter Pan from 2:15 to 3:15. It will be valid from 2:10 to 3:30 and if you didn't have any GS or anytime FP that wouldn't be a problem. Just go and use it. But, if you do have any GS/anytime FP, it would use the anytime GS FP if you went in the 5 min before and 15 min after window. Hopefully that makes sense. It's ended up harder to explain that I thought it would be.
You have to be careful when you have GS FP to keep from using them accidently

Just looking at my log in profile. Mine does not show all the reservations and tickets, just mine. My wife's show everyone (DW, DW, DD and grand parents) reservations and tickets. I'm guessing I cannot book FPs on mine. Can I book FPs on two different computers but using the same account, my wife's?
That's how your MDE is set up. You need to invite everyone who is listed on your wife's MDE to link to yours.

But what's easiest is to just log into her MDE on the 2 computers.

That's how your MDE is set up. You need to invite everyone who is listed on your wife's MDE to link to yours.

But what's easiest is to just log into her MDE on the 2 computers.

Thanks. We could not get it to work on two computers at the same time, it would kick us out of the second computer.

As expected, no FOP for our second day. Did get it for our last day but I did not really want to have two AK days. Hopefully FOP will magically open up on the day we want it.

Today is the 60 day mark for me so I just booked my fast passes this morning! Very happy with the selection and the times I was able to get. However, I also couldn't get FOP for any of the days I'm staying(October 15th-20th) including the last day. I booked all of my fast passes for the trip, figuring I will just go to AK at rope drop and try to ride FOP with hopefully a short wait time. However my question is, if FOP were to become available for FP+ how would I know if I've booked my fast passes? On the MDE app it doesn't allow me to look for anymore available times, without giving up a fast pass. Should I leave a fast pass open for that day just in case FOP becomes available, or is there another way to see what else is available? Sorry if this has been answered already.

Today is the 60 day mark for me so I just booked my fast passes this morning! Very happy with the selection and the times I was able to get. However, I also couldn't get FOP for any of the days I'm staying(October 15th-20th) including the last day. I booked all of my fast passes for the trip, figuring I will just go to AK at rope drop and try to ride FOP with hopefully a short wait time. However my question is, if FOP were to become available for FP+ how would I know if I've booked my fast passes? On the MDE app it doesn't allow me to look for anymore available times, without giving up a fast pass. Should I leave a fast pass open for that day just in case FOP becomes available, or is there another way to see what else is available? Sorry if this has been answered already.
This is all covered in the first posts of this thread. All the steps you need to check both on days you have AK FP and on days you have other park FP

Sorry, it's not as obvious, it's actually in the addendum
https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...al-tier-1-booking-fps-for-long-stays.3538258/

Thanks. We could not get it to work on two computers at the same time, it would kick us out of the second computer.
Thanks for reporting this! Others haven't had a problem but MDE has been updated many times over the last two months.

Last month I used an iPhone and iPad to book my FPs and Safari was my browser for both. Were you both using the same browser or different browsers?

This is all covered in the first posts of this thread. All the steps you need to check both on days you have AK FP and on days you have other park FP

Sorry, it's not as obvious, it's actually in the addendum
https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...al-tier-1-booking-fps-for-long-stays.3538258/
Wait, so if I have three FPs booked for say AK but I want to check to see if Frozen is available in Epcot before switching everything around, I can? If I go through the process to add another I get a warning "Not so Fast....continuing will cancel your existing FP".

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter