fastpass for wishes or electrical parade?

paty

Earning My Ears
Our fastpass opens next week and I'm not sure which one is best now that the new fast pass area is open. Before I've seen people recommending the electrical parade fastpass and then just staying on the same spot for wishes.
Is this still better than just getting the wishes fast pass? I'm not sure where the electrical parade viewing area is located and the goal is wishes, the parade would just be a bonus! :)
thanks
Patricia

Our fastpass opens next week and I'm not sure which one is best now that the new fast pass area is open.

Before I've seen people recommending the electrical parade fastpass and then just staying on the same spot for wishes.

1. Is this still better than just getting the wishes fast pass?

2. I'm not sure where the electrical parade viewing area is located and the goal is wishes, the parade would just be a bonus! :)

1. Nope. Parade viewing area is a poor choice for Wishes and Celebrate the Magic (which many posters forget starts just 15 minutes before the fireworks.)
Likewise, the Wishes FP area is a poor place to try to see the parade.

MK-Town-SquareFPParade_031815_zpsy6asxkjs.jpg

Below is a "work-in-progress" of my overview of the new Hub.
Some of the "outer" sidewalks shown have not been built yet.
Some of the unfinished areas have since been finished.
Again, a work-in-progress, all the way around.
The original photo is by Scott Keating, posted on WDWMagic.

MK-Hub-Keating-Robo_030715b_zpsgvsja3gi.jpg

Last edited:
We are always able to find a good spot for msep, no fast pass required. We also prefer to view wishes from a little further back, behind the crowd, and you can always get a spot there. You can still see everything. I use my fast passes for rides.

Likewise, the Wishes FP area is a poor place to try to see the parade.

Tag along question. On a night with only one parade, 9:00 pm and only one Wishes at 10:00 pm, what is the best viewing strategy? Stake a claim on the street for the parade near the FP area, and then hop in the FP area after it goes by?

Tag along question. On a night with only one parade, 9:00 pm and only one Wishes at 10:00 pm, what is the best viewing strategy? Stake a claim on the street for the parade near the FP area, and then hop in the FP area after it goes by?

If you can do that, it could work.
Be aware that the Wishes FP+ area had been admitting FP holders as early as 2 hours before Wishes.

If you can do that, it could work.
Be aware that the Wishes FP+ area had been admitting FP holders as early as 2 hours before Wishes.

Night I was thinking about was Thur. 9/3. Crowds should be moderate but MK will have EMH in the morning of that day. Knowing my daughter will want to see both, I was hoping there would be some sort of advantage to the Wishes FP for watching both. Thanks for the reply!

thanks for the pictures, it doesn't make any sense to watch wishes from the parade area, don't know why people are suggesting it!

thanks for the pictures,

it doesn't make any sense to watch wishes from the parade area, don't know why people are suggesting it!

It's likely because they don't know about the current location of the Parade viewing area.
The former parade FP viewing area used to be directly in front of the castle.
That was not an ideal Wishes viewing position as it was too close to the castle (fireworks were blocked) but it was better than the current parade FP location in Town Square.

And, BTW, it is quite possible that when the Hub rebuilding is completed, they MIGHT move the parade FP viewing area back to that front-of-the-castle position.
Time will tell.

Right now I have FP for both the MSEP and Wishes. Is this doable with the areas being in 2 separate locations? Worried about trying to trek back up Main Street in the crowds. My daughter really wants to see the parade since we've never done it before.

Thanks for the maps Robo!

Right now I have FP for both the MSEP and Wishes. Is this doable with the areas being in 2 separate locations? Worried about trying to trek back up Main Street in the crowds. My daughter really wants to see the parade since we've never done it before.

Thanks for the maps Robo!

The common technique is to FOLLOW the parade to the Wishes FP+ area.
Get into the street right behind the parade and stay with it until you reach the hub.

Is Tony's a good location for both? Got an ADR AND keeping my fingers crossed. Haven't been able to snag a fastpass for the parade and wishes have been available sometimes but we have my 3 year old (guessing parade is priority) as well as an A&E at 10-11 so I don't know if we will be able to stay the whole time.

1. Is Tony's a good location for both? Got an ADR AND keeping my fingers crossed. Haven't been able to snag a fastpass for the parade and wishes have been available sometimes but we have my 3 year old (guessing parade is priority) as well as

2. an A&E at 10-11 so I don't know if we will be able to stay the whole time.

1. No. Fireworks are not visible from Tony's.

Also (so many posters always forget this,) you want to be able to see the spectacular castle show, Celebrate the Magic, (starts 15 minutes before the fireworks) that must be seen from a spot with a clear view of the front of the castle.

2. A 10PM Wishes will be over by 10:15PM.

We have two days at MK, so I got FP+ for Wishes the first night & FP+ for MSEP the second night. Once the MSEP passes us, we'll head to the bus!

We have two days at MK, so I got FP+ for Wishes the first night & FP+ for MSEP the second night.

Once the MSEP passes us, we'll head to the bus!

You and 10,587 of your closest friends.

Also, know that thousands of other guests exit DURING the parade, so you won't
be lonely at the bus stops. ;)

You and 10,587 of your closest friends.

Also, know that thousands of other guests exit DURING the parade, so you won't
be lonely at the bus stops. ;)

No doubt! Since we know that going in, we should be okay with the wait.

1. No. Fireworks are not visible from Tony's.

Also (so many posters always forget this,) you want to be able to see the spectacular castle show, Celebrate the Magic, (starts 15 minutes before the fireworks) that must be seen from a spot with a clear view of the front of the castle.

2. A 10PM Wishes will be over by 10:15PM.

Thanks for the info. I may grab a FP then if another comes around before we are there.

I do have another question since y'all seem so knowledgeable about this stuff (this is my first time, if you don't count when I was 5). If we are lucky enough to watch the parade from Tony's porch or thereabouts, how hard do you think it will be for us to get back up to the princess fairytale place for the A&E fastpass from 10-11? Is it going to be a mad, impossible mob to get through or is that doable? Is it possible for us to watch wishes along the way? It seems to be in between the two spots.

Thanks!
Dawn

One mroe thing! Is the FP area for Festival of Fantasy parade located in the same spot as the electrical parade fastpass? Thanks!!

If we are lucky enough to watch the parade from Tony's porch or thereabouts, how hard do you think it will be for us to get back up to the princess fairytale place for the A&E fastpass from 10-11? Is it going to be a mad, impossible mob to get through or is that doable? Is it possible for us to watch wishes along the way? It seems to be in between the two spots.

Thanks!
Dawn

Since Wishes will be over at 10:15PM, and you don't have to be at A&E until 11PM, I don't see any tight difficult maneuvering necessary.

You want to be nearer to the Hub by 9:40PM, or so, to see Celebrate the Magic.
I consider it to be equal to -or superior to- MSEP.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter