FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only make fastpasses at 60 days out for the check in and check out days of my onsite stay, correct?
Yes
And if I am traveling with a group, I can only make 60 day fastpasses for those on the onsite reservation even if we are all linked?
No. Include the offsite people with the onsite people for each FP and they share the FP window.

That info is also in the Booking section of this thread.

To expound on my question....if I wanted to stay offsite, but book one night onsite to be able to take advantage of bounceback offers, I could do that, and would also be eligible for additional onsite benefits of 60 day fastpass booking and EMH for those 2 days (check in and check out)?

We will be staying offsite in October, but are hoping there might be a free dining bounceback offered at that time. So I was thinking of booking a one night reservation (the campground would probably be the cheapest?) to book the bounceback. That can be done, right?

Last edited:
To expound on my question....if I wanted to stay offsite, but book one night onsite to be able to take advantage of bounceback offers, I could do that, and would also be eligible for additional onsite benefits of 60 day fastpass booking and EMH for those 2 days (check in and check out)?

We will be staying offsite in October, but are hoping there might be a free dining bounceback offered at that time. So I was thinking of booking a one night reservation (the campground would probably be the cheapest?) to book the bounceback. That can be done, right?

A one-night onsite stay includes a 60-day booking window, as well as EMH privileges, for both the check-in and checkout days,

I have a package reserved for August with all my FP+ already booked. I am thinking about purchasing an AP from Sams Club now to use for this trip and save the package tickets for future use. Will this affect my fastpasses that are already made? I don’t want to lose them.

With any valid ticket entitlement, you have the ability to pre-book 3 FPs and add on more FPs after you use the initial 3.
If I pre-book the 3 FPs and do not use those initial 3, specifically due to no-show from not entering the park that day, then do I get to pre-book another 3 FPs in advance of the calendar day I actually use that ticket entitlement (assuming it is still valid i.e. the ticket not expired)?

If I pre-book the 3 FPs and do not use those initial 3, specifically due to no-show from not entering the park that day, then do I get to pre-book another 3 FPs in advance of the calendar day I actually use that ticket entitlement (assuming it is still valid i.e. the ticket not expired)?
Yes because it’s dependent upon a valid entitlement.

Go to your FP booking window and book for that unused and still valid entitlement. Are FP CMs giving out incorrect information?

I understand. I never suggested I was trying to get any more than 3 per day.
My original question is as follows:
If my 3-day trip consists of 1 Day PH, 1 DAH MK (no park ticket), and 1 MNSSHP (no park ticket), will I be able to make FP+ for all three days? Or will I have to choose just one of the DAH/MNSSHP?

I wasn't referring to you. :confused3 Glad you got your answer though :thumbsup2

If I selected a Fastpass time, is it possible to be denied because someone else selecting the same experience and time clicked Confirm in the next screen before I did?

Or does the system allow a small amount of overbooking due to near-simultaneous selections and, if/when more guest cancellations occur, these FP slots will remedy any earlier overbooking before any are made available to other guests?

If I selected a Fastpass time, is it possible to be denied because someone else selecting the same experience and time clicked Confirm in the next screen before I did?

Or does the system allow a small amount of overbooking due to near-simultaneous selections and, if/when more guest cancellations occur, these FP slots will remedy any earlier overbooking before any are made available to other guests?

I would imagine so. However, I’m not sure anyone here can answer with 100% confidence.

From my experience if you see it you can book it. In my testing anything under 5 minutes in time to confirm your selection will go through just fine. Beyond 5 minutes it may be lost. 2 thoughts on this are that not everyone sees the same FP's available (I've tested this with multiple devices at the same time) or that there simply will be some overlap (this is possible but I haven't been able to test that).

This question has probably been asked and answered before but I’ve never run across it. We have ap’s and are staying onsite (dvc) for 9 days in august. All my fastpasses are booked but I would like to go on and see what might be available same day to have an idea what to expect in august.
When I try and check fp availability for today for example it says we’ve reached fp limit and I’d need to remove guest from party in order to see what is available. Says it won’t change their plans, so my question is if I go ahead and remove guest from party what exactly happens? It’s not worth it at all to risk losing fastpasses or screwing up anything but wondering if anyone has ever done this and how it work. TIA

This question has probably been asked and answered before but I’ve never run across it. We have ap’s and are staying onsite (dvc) for 9 days in august. All my fastpasses are booked but I would like to go on and see what might be available same day to have an idea what to expect in august.
When I try and check fp availability for today for example it says we’ve reached fp limit and I’d need to remove guest from party in order to see what is available. Says it won’t change their plans, so my question is if I go ahead and remove guest from party what exactly happens? It’s not worth it at all to risk losing fastpasses or screwing up anything but wondering if anyone has ever done this and how it work. TIA

You won't be able to check for a day that you don't already have FP's made for as your limit has been reached. If you remove everyone from the party then nobody is left for it to search for and it will go back to the date/park page.

FastPass day is Wednesday and I'm looking to confirm what rides have changed tiers at Hollywood Studios and Epcot. I've checked back 10 pages and also checked the FAQ (but they still seem to show the same info that I remember from previous trips). Please point me in right direction!

Also what are the chances of gettings FP for party of 9 for things like FOP or Slinky? should I split us up into two groups?

I am going in August with APs. I have 3 days on site and the rest off. Based on the FAQ I think this means I will only get 7 days of FPs, not 7+3 is this correct?

Also is this just for advanced FPs? Can I book day of FPs on an 8th day? I want an illuminations FP for my arrival day, but don't want to waste one of my 7 on that and could probably pick it up day of.

FastPass day is Wednesday and I'm looking to confirm what rides have changed tiers at Hollywood Studios and Epcot. I've checked back 10 pages and also checked the FAQ (but they still seem to show the same info that I remember from previous trips). Please point me in right direction!

Also what are the chances of gettings FP for party of 9 for things like FOP or Slinky? should I split us up into two groups?
You need to read the Priorities Section in the first posts:

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS (13 Attractions) Tiering

Tier 1/Group 1 (select no more than one)
A - Alien Swirling Saucers
A - Slinky Dog Dash
A - Toy Story Midway Mania

Tier 2/Group 2 (select up to three)
A - Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster (Single Rider also available)(moves to Tier 1 August 29)
A - Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (moves to Tier 1 August 29)
B - For the First Time in Forever: A "Frozen" Sing-Along Celebration (Separate Access)
B - Star Tours
C - Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage (Reserved Area)
C - Disney Junior Dance Party! (Reserved Area @ center-front section, but poor viewing)
C - Fantasmic! (Reserved Area @ left-front section)
C - Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular (Separate Access)
C - Muppet*Vision 3D
C - Voyage of the Little Mermaid (Separate Access)

You need to read the Priorities Section in the first posts:

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS (13 Attractions) Tiering

Tier 1/Group 1 (select no more than one)
A - Alien Swirling Saucers
A - Slinky Dog Dash
A - Toy Story Midway Mania

Tier 2/Group 2 (select up to three)
A - Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster (Single Rider also available)(moves to Tier 1 August 29)
B - For the First Time in Forever: A "Frozen" Sing-Along Celebration (Separate Access)
B - Star Tours
C - Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage (Reserved Area)
C - Disney Junior Dance Party! (Reserved Area @ center-front section, but poor viewing)
C - Fantasmic! (Reserved Area @ left-front section)
C - Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular (Separate Access)
C - Muppet*Vision 3D
C - Voyage of the Little Mermaid (Separate Access)

If the trip (or the DHS day for the trip) is 8/29 or after this list would change, though. It looks like Cinderelly911's trip could be close to that changeover date? It could make a difference in planning.

If the trip (or the DHS day for the trip) is 8/29 or after this list would change, though. It looks like Cinderelly911's trip could be close to that changeover date? It could make a difference in planning.
@mesaboy2 has the reflected changes in the section I posted. That’s why I posted it. 😊

@mesaboy2 has the reflected changes in the section I posted. That’s why I posted it. 😊
I see it now!
I never doubted you and @mesaboy2 had it covered, but totally skipped over the bolded part in my mind while reading it! (It was easier to see in color in the priorities section!) :worship:

From my experience if you see it you can book it. In my testing anything under 5 minutes in time to confirm your selection will go through just fine. Beyond 5 minutes it may be lost. 2 thoughts on this are that not everyone sees the same FP's available (I've tested this with multiple devices at the same time) or that there simply will be some overlap (this is possible but I haven't been able to test that).
I believe that used to be the case, but there have been recent reports (and I’ve experienced it myself) of getting an error message on the confirm screen, leading me to believe FPs may be “real time” like dining now. Reports of this started with the most recent FP system changes (in April).

Thanks @hiroMYhero ... I stopped reading after the comma (lol), I literally just scanned the headings and didn't read the bolded part. And yes @preemiemama - our trip is August 25 to Sept 2nd ...so we are there for Galaxy's Edge opening and the August 29th tier change. Not planned on purpose (we usually go this week as crowds are lower) but we are wavering between being really excited about how cool it will be, then nervous about how the crowds are going to be.

So for Epcot it's only the character meet dropping to tier 2 right?

Any advice for getting fastpasses for the 9 of us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter