FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked the fastpass window was open for 60 days when I signed in as a Passholder..has this recently changed? I thought Passholder with no hotel reservation was only 30 days.

Also, my annual pass expires on 10/25...of course next trip starts 10/26..if fastpass window is truly open now at 60 days..will I be able to make fastpasses before I renew my annual pass?

Thanks

Just checked the fastpass window was open for 60 days when I signed in as a Passholder..has this recently changed? I thought Passholder with no hotel reservation was only 30 days.

Also, my annual pass expires on 10/25...of course next trip starts 10/26..if fastpass window is truly open now at 60 days..will I be able to make fastpasses before I renew my annual pass?

Thanks
Even though the system is obviously glitching, it should disallow any FP booking for 10/26 and beyond.

I apologize if this is a dumb question, I did read the first posts, but couldn't figure out if my situation fell under any of the frequently asked questions. We are going on a cruise and making a one night stop at Disney just for MNSSHP. Plan on arriving around 12 pm, going to the party at 4 pm, and staying at POFQ for one night (room only reservation). We won't have any other park tickets - just the MNSSHP tickets.

Will we be able to make FP+ reservations for the 3:30 - 6 pm time frame just using the party tickets? We are traveling with my in laws and they aren't listed on our POFQ reservation, but from what I've read I should be able to make their FP+ if they are listed on my MDE? They don't have their own MDE account, I just manually added them as friends/family.

I bought the party tickets online yesterday and they are showing up in MDE and are all assigned to the right people, so I should be good there? TIA

Does anyone have an opinion on the fast pass for the reserved area for Rivers of Light? Is it worth it? Can you walk right up as show is about to begin? Was there plenty of space to s it? Was there poor views from the reserved area?

Also-Is there a way to search on these threads so I don't repeat questions?

I apologize if this is a dumb question, I did read the first posts, but couldn't figure out if my situation fell under any of the frequently asked questions. We are going on a cruise and making a one night stop at Disney just for MNSSHP. Plan on arriving around 12 pm, going to the party at 4 pm, and staying at POFQ for one night (room only reservation). We won't have any other park tickets - just the MNSSHP tickets.

Will we be able to make FP+ reservations for the 3:30 - 6 pm time frame just using the party tickets? We are traveling with my in laws and they aren't listed on our POFQ reservation, but from what I've read I should be able to make their FP+ if they are listed on my MDE? They don't have their own MDE account, I just manually added them as friends/family.

I bought the party tickets online yesterday and they are showing up in MDE and are all assigned to the right people, so I should be good there? TIA

So my window for the party opened this morning and I could make FP+ for my husband and I, but not for my in laws.

MDE told me I needed to purchase park admission for them. I bought all of our party tickets at the same time.. I haven't received the hard copy tickets in the mail yet, but they are all showing in MDE. Is it because they aren't on our POFQ reservation? Should I be worried about their tickets not working??

So my window for the party opened this morning and I could make FP+ for my husband and I, but not for my in laws.

MDE told me I needed to purchase park admission for them. I bought all of our party tickets at the same time.. I haven't received the hard copy tickets in the mail yet, but they are all showing in MDE. Is it because they aren't on our POFQ reservation? Should I be worried about their tickets not working??
Because they aren’t on the reservation, you can only book using their Party Tickets at 30 days out for that Party day.

The umbrella-inclusion function doesn’t work for Party tickets.

A few questions, thanks.
1. If the 60 day fp mark arrives, and the site is down or spotty, is there anything a telephone CM can do to help book the pass?
2. If I have a room only reservation for a Disney resort, and the DVC room I want becomes available, can I switch the reservation without losing my fps? I think I saw somewhere that it could be successfully done.

Split stay question...I think I know, but want to be sure! Room only stay for 1 night onsite, then room only for night number 2 in different onsite, then offsite for remainder of trip. Will my FP window open 60 days prior to onsite stay number 1 and at that time I'll also be able to book 60+1 and 60+2 days which would be throughout the onsite stays? Then I would wait for the rolling 60 for the offsite stay?

And question#2... if my two onsite stays had a gap of a day in between them, what would happen? If I had a stay onsite from Friday to Saturday, then not onsite for Saturday, then an onsite stay for Sunday to Monday...how would fp work? Would I have to wait for the rolling 60 for the 2nd onsite stay because it's not touching or connected to the first onsite stay?

Will my FP window open 60 days prior to onsite stay number 1 and at that time I'll also be able to book 60+1 and 60+2 days which would be throughout the onsite stays? Then I would wait for the rolling 60 for the offsite stay?
Yes

question#2... if my two onsite stays had a gap of a day in between them, what would happen?
Your FP window will remain open even with the gap.

I’ll try to make this as clear and conceise as possible:

Room-only reservation is booked from March 6-12 for mom, grandma and aunt. Mom is an AP holder so her tickets are done. Grandma is going to buy 6-day tickets, to go into the parks on the 6th through 11th. Aunt is going to buy 5 day tickets, and go into the parks on the 7th through 11th. (She will too arrive to the resort on the 6th, but late in the day). I know that 60 day window for mom and grandma opens on Sat. Jan. 5. Is it the same for my aunt, too?

Availability

The vast majority of the 63 FP attractions at WDW have FPs available as late as day-of.

Guests participating in the FP+ Pilot Program, who have access to FPs at 90 days in advance, can assume wide availability for all attractions.

- Attractions listed here are the most difficult to get. Onsite guests can expect limited availability even at 60 days in advance, while offsite guests are unlikely to get much availability (if at all) at 30 days. Acquiring these attractions less than 7 days in advance may require frequent monitoring of FP availability via the MDX app or website. Same-day FPs are most unlikely, but possible with constant monitoring via MDX.
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (Magic Kingdom)
  • Frozen Ever After (Epcot)
  • Avatar Flight Of Passage (Animal Kingdom)
- Attractions listed here can be difficult to get. Onsite guests can expect good availability at 60 days in advance, while offsite guests can expect limited availability at 30 days. Acquiring these attractions less than 7 days in advance will likely require regular monitoring of FP availability via the MDX app or website. Same-day FPs are possible with constant monitoring via MDX.
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Magic Kingdom)
  • Peter Pan's Flight (Magic Kingdom)
  • Space Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
  • Splash Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
  • IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth (Epcot)
  • Soarin' (Epcot)
  • Test Track (Epcot)
  • Toy Story Mania (Hollywood Studios)
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (Hollywood Studios)
  • Navi River Journey (Animal Kingdom)
  • Rivers of Light (Animal Kingdom)
- All other attractions are relatively easy to get. Onsite guests can expect wide availability at 60 days in advance, while offsite guests can expect good availability at 30 days. Acquiring these attractions less than 7 days is likely, but availability may be limited. Same-day FPs are likely, but may require frequent monitoring via MDX.

- Success at getting FPs depends primarily on two factors: the size of the group and how often one is willing to “refresh” the available FP list for that attraction. Constant refreshing, patience, and persistence can result in getting even the most difficult FPs as late as day-of.

- The MDX system can be used to check availability at any park, even if FPs are selected for a different park that day. However, guests are advised to be careful not to confirm any selections offered, or existing FPs will be affected. See the FP FAQ Addendum for more information.

- In general, day-of FP availability for most headliners--particularly outside of Magic Kingdom—is typically low and approaches nonexistent as choices for 4th FPs since several hours must pass until guests are eligible for 4th FPs.

- There is little evidence that different “pools” of FPs are maintained for different booking windows. In other words, the full slate of FPs available for any particular attraction is released at one time, some 70+ days in advance, and none are saved for offsite guests or those who wait until they arrive in the park.

- If maximum choice and times of FPs is desired, then reserving them at the earliest opportunity is highly recommended.
Wow

This is such a nice summary of FP+, I so appreciate the amount of work and effort it took to not only write it, but organize it with quick links, and keep it so updated. (Actually nice is a complete understatement, but I don't want to gush! I know how much work a post/thread like this is to make and keep current)

I see that you have updated the overall post with the new toy story land, but wondered if you should include slinkydog under hardest FP to acquire under your availability link.

Thanks again!
Al

I am pretty experienced with Fastpass, but this is our first time with Toy Story Land. I want to do it first thing in the morning. Right now I have a Fastpass for SDD for 4:35. May or may not be able to refresh it to get earlier in the day. Should I just scrap this one and get Alien Saucers and just get to SDD first thing and stand in the line?? I hate to waste a Fastpass if I dont have to.

Opinions PLEASE! :)

I'm doing some prelim planning for Apr 2019.

Envisioning a 7 night split stay, starting at Dolphin first 3 nights and moving to Poly 4 nights. I'm considering two different options below.

1) I can buy tickets separately and do Room-Only bookings. If I do that, I can book FP+ for my entire stay at 60 days before my Dolphin check in.

2) If I book the Poly through a travel agency package, I can get a free water park visit on my tickets. So as an alternative to Option 1, I could book Dolphin as Room-Only booking. Then I could book Poly as room + tickets for the whole stay. If I do that however, I can't prebook fastpass for the first part of my trip while at the Dolphin because I can only start booking FP+ 60 days before the Poly stay. I could book fastpasses for the Poly portion of the trip like usual. Then once at WDW I have to go to guest services to activate my tickets on upcoming Poly reservation for my earlier Dolphin portion of the trip. Then I could book FP+ once the tickets are activated. Essentially with this option I can't book FP+ for the Dolphin part of my trip until at WDW. (With the dates I'm looking at, I can't place the Dolphin after the Poly because it's showing as sold out. So the Dolphin has to come first.)

Can someone confirm my thinking is correct?

I'm doing some prelim planning for Apr 2019.

Envisioning a 7 night split stay, starting at Dolphin first 3 nights and moving to Poly 4 nights. I'm considering two different options below.

1) I can buy tickets separately and do Room-Only bookings. If I do that, I can book FP+ for my entire stay at 60 days before my Dolphin check in.

2) If I book the Poly through a travel agency package, I can get a free water park visit on my tickets. So as an alternative to Option 1, I could book Dolphin as Room-Only booking. Then I could book Poly as room + tickets for the whole stay. If I do that however, I can't prebook fastpass for the first part of my trip while at the Dolphin because I can only start booking FP+ 60 days before the Poly stay. I could book fastpasses for the Poly portion of the trip like usual. Then once at WDW I have to go to guest services to activate my tickets on upcoming Poly reservation for my earlier Dolphin portion of the trip. Then I could book FP+ once the tickets are activated. Essentially with this option I can't book FP+ for the Dolphin part of my trip until at WDW. (With the dates I'm looking at, I can't place the Dolphin after the Poly because it's showing as sold out. So the Dolphin has to come first.)

Can someone confirm my thinking is correct?

Sounds about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter