FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a room only split stay at Poly/BC booked and just passed into my 60 day window. All FP are made. I have always dreamed of staying at these resorts with my kids and bit the bullet on price with no promos. But I have been scanning the DVC confirmed reservations available through resellers and one perfect for our dates at BC just got posted! I would like to cancel both of our room only reservations, book this DVC studio villa for the entire trip and save literally a thousand dollars! $$$ But I am terrified I will lose all these perfectly crafted FP reservations! Help! Our tickets were hard ticket 8 day passes from undercover Tourist that I linked into my account.
You will keep all your FPs. Make the resort change as soon as possible. :)

I have a room only split stay at Poly/BC booked and just passed into my 60 day window. All FP are made. I have always dreamed of staying at these resorts with my kids and bit the bullet on price with no promos. But I have been scanning the DVC confirmed reservations available through resellers and one perfect for our dates at BC just got posted! I would like to cancel both of our room only reservations, book this DVC studio villa for the entire trip and save literally a thousand dollars! $$$ But I am terrified I will lose all these perfectly crafted FP reservations! Help! Our tickets were hard ticket 8 day passes from undercover Tourist that I linked into my account.
If it was me, I'd book the dvc and not cancel the others until I knew the dvc was confirmed. Then cancel the split.

Apologies in advance if this is really basic stuff, but I wanted to confirm something. I'm in the process of booking FPs for a late August trip. On a certain day I currently have a FP booked for TSM and ToT. I noticed that when I choose ADD a FP for that day it still shows times for ToT, however if I choose to MODIFY my FP for TSM it says that there are no more times available for ToT. Obviously this is not exactly right, because there ARE times available for ToT, it's just that the MODIFY feature is smart enough to know that I already have a ToT FP but the ADD feature is not.

So my concern revolves around my desire to switch my FP for TSM for a SDD FP in the unlikely event that one should become available. I'm worried that the MDE system (either via ADD or MODIFY) will see that I already have a FP for TSM and will never show me any availability for SDD even if it's there. Is that correct, and will I need to delete my FP for TSM in order to see potential SDD FP availability?

I hope this makes sense!

will I need to delete my FP for TSM in order to see potential SDD FP availability?
No. The way to see any other available Tier 1s is to Modify TSM. You don’t want to Cancel; Modify because you’ve already determined it’s the “smarter” function. :)

I have two back to back fastpasses booked, one at 12:05pm and one 1:05pm. If I want to push them back by 20-30 minutes due to a change in plans, do I need to cancel both to see all available fastpasses for that timeframe since MDE doesn’t show available times that overlap with other FP plans? Is there anyway to confirm that my desired time slot is actually available before I go cancelling?

I have two back to back fastpasses booked, one at 12:05pm and one 1:05pm. If I want to push them back by 20-30 minutes due to a change in plans, do I need to cancel both to see all available fastpasses for that timeframe since MDE doesn’t show available times that overlap with other FP plans? Is there anyway to confirm that my desired time slot is actually available before I go cancelling?

If you only have 2 FP's selected just go in as though you're making a 3rd (don't use the modify option). It will then show you all the times as it does when making your original FP's. If you do have 3 then you'd probably be best just modifying the 2nd FP to a later time and then modify the first FP.

If you only have 2 FP's selected just go in as though you're making a 3rd (don't use the modify option). It will then show you all the times as it does when making your original FP's. If you do have 3 then you'd probably be best just modifying the 2nd FP to a later time and then modify the first FP.

I do have a 3rd booked, but that timing isn’t as important so I can drop that one if that makes modifying the first 2 easier. If I try to add the third to see available times for the other , will the system actually show me available times for attractions already booked or will it say that all there are no more fastpasses available for that experience, because I already have them booked? This is for Epcot, so the tiered system makes things a little more complicated.

I do have a 3rd booked, but that timing isn’t as important so I can drop that one if that makes modifying the first 2 easier. If I try to add the third to see available times for the other , will the system actually show me available times for attractions already booked or will it say that all there are no more fastpasses available for that experience, because I already have them booked? This is for Epcot, so the tiered system makes things a little more complicated.

If you're making FP's without having all 3 chosen then it will show all times and all rides including overlapping.

I have a question about getting a 4th FP+ at EP as I don't think I've scheduled our FP+ correctly. We won't be arriving in EP until about 2:30 pm. I have Spaceship Earth schedule for 3 pm and Soarin' scheduled for 4 pm. I also scheduled a Pixar FP+ for as soon as EP opens that morning thinking it would just expire and I could try for another Tier 1 as soon we are done with Soarin', but now I'm reading I may actually have to tap our bands at Pixar in order to make that FP+ go away? We are not interested in riding any other Tier 2 rides, but I'm wondering, should I reschedule that Pixar FP+ for a time we will be in the park so we can tap our bands? Or will it just go away? Thanks for any advice. I picked Pixar as the FP+ thinking I really wouldn't be taking anything away from someone who wants to ride a more popular Tier 2.

I’d modify the 1:05 first then go to modify the 12:05. If for some reason there’s not a better time for the 12:05 you should be able to quickly modify the 1:05 back to where it was.

I have a question about getting a 4th FP+ at EP as I don't think I've scheduled our FP+ correctly. We won't be arriving in EP until about 2:30 pm. I have Spaceship Earth schedule for 3 pm and Soarin' scheduled for 4 pm. I also scheduled a Pixar FP+ for as soon as EP opens that morning thinking it would just expire and I could try for another Tier 1 as soon we are done with Soarin', but now I'm reading I may actually have to tap our bands at Pixar in order to make that FP+ go away? We are not interested in riding any other Tier 2 rides, but I'm wondering, should I reschedule that Pixar FP+ for a time we will be in the park so we can tap our bands? Or will it just go away? Thanks for any advice. I picked Pixar as the FP+ thinking I really wouldn't be taking anything away from someone who wants to ride a more popular Tier 2.
We’ve never had to tap into our throwaways, just letting them expire is enough. Just make sure when booking your 4th you are using the add new Fastpass function (“+”) and not trying to modify the unused Pixar FP (as it will continue to show in your account).

We’ve never had to tap into our throwaways, just letting them expire is enough. Just make sure when booking your 4th you are using the add new Fastpass function (“+”) and not trying to modify the unused Pixar FP (as it will continue to show in your account).

Thank you so much!

Can both my husband and I be logged in to our own accounts at the same time on separate machines, but both work on getting our FPs for the 2 of us?
e.g. if we both tried reserving at the same time but chose separate dates each to tackle...

Can both my husband and I be logged in to our own accounts at the same time on separate machines, but both work on getting our FPs for the 2 of us?
e.g. if we both tried reserving at the same time but chose separate dates each to tackle...

Yes.

I apologize if this has been answered: This is my first time having two rooms onsite. The two rooms are linked in MDE and I can see both reservations in my MDE and all of our names from both ressies. I was able to customize magic bands for all of us on both reservations. Will I be able to make fast passes for all of us on the two linked reservations when our window opens up at the 60-day mark? All guests are in my family list on MDE. My Husband, who has his name on the other Ressie does not have an MDE account. Thank-you so much!

Will I be able to make fast passes for all of us on the two linked reservations when our window opens up at the 60-day mark?
Yes, as long as each person has a ticket, you’ll be able to book when your FP window opens at exactly 60 days out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter