FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
My FP are booked. If I possibly want to change one, do I have to cancel one first before I can see what else is available? I tried logging on to MDE but I am unable to view what's still left for my days.

From Post #2 in the Addendum:
Instructions for Checking Availability

You don't have to Cancel when checking availability, rebooking a new park, or when park hopping. Simply follow the instructions below.

From the app:
~ tap the "+"
~ select guests
~ select date and new park
~ continue beyond any warnings
~ you won't lose anything if just checking availability. After checking, back out of the window and your original FP+ remain.
~ when you confirm a FP+ for the new park, that's when any original FP+ are replaced.

Checking Availability for Same Park - Same Day
From the App
~ from a booked FP, choose "Modify"
~ scroll through selections to see availability
~ original FP remains intact if a new ride is not chosen
* The system only shows ride availability for time slots that are not blocked by original FP Return Windows.

Ahhh...I missed that when scrolling through the details at the start of this thread. Thanks so much for your super-fast response, mesaboy2.

In this case, no.

Since your tickets are tied to the package stay, you are severely limited for booking FPs for days before your package stay begins. This is because the package tickets aren't considered valid until the package stay begins. You can make them valid up to 10 days sooner by activating them, but I believe that can only be done in person. If you had tickets purchased separately, this would not be an issue since they are valid as soon as they are purchased.

I hope I have that right, and I hope it's understandable. Split stays aren't really my forte. :goodvibes

Thank you for taking time to help with my question.

Please help, we check in June 30th, checking out July 1. Have 6 day passes that we planned to start using 7/2 while staying offsite. I signed on to MDE yesterday, only 7/1 was open, didn't make any selections. Signed on this morning, still only 7/1 is open. I thought since we have 6 day passes attached to our MDE we got to make fastpasses for each day we have a pass for...even though we're only staying onsite the one night. Really stressed!

Please help, we check in June 30th, checking out July 1. Have 6 day passes that we planned to start using 7/2 while staying offsite. I signed on to MDE yesterday, only 7/1 was open, didn't make any selections. Signed on this morning, still only 7/1 is open. I thought since we have 6 day passes attached to our MDE we got to make fastpasses for each day we have a pass for...even though we're only staying onsite the one night. Really stressed!
60 days out from each offsite day you'll be able to book FPs.

I'm sorry, I'm totally confused...
I check in on-site Friday June 30th, check out July 1st. Going to the parks the first day Sunday July 2nd. Yesterday MDE would have let me get fastpasses for Saturday July 1st, but today I can't even click on Sunday July 2nd as an option.

So you're saying tomorrow it'll let me choose Sunday 7/2, even though my page today says "59 days to go"...you're thinking MDE is counting 6/30 as my first day??

I'm sorry, I'm planning a trip for 10 and am a little overwhelmed.

I'm sorry, I'm totally confused...
I check in on-site Friday June 30th, check out July 1st. Going to the parks the first day Sunday July 2nd. Yesterday MDE would have let me get fastpasses for Saturday July 1st, but today I can't even click on Sunday July 2nd as an option.

So you're saying tomorrow it'll let me choose Sunday 7/2, even though my page today says "59 days to go"...you're thinking MDE is counting 6/30 as my first day??

I'm sorry, I'm planning a trip for 10 and am a little overwhelmed.
Yes because your onsite stay ends on 7/1 you have to wait to book for your offsite days. You must wait until the FP Booking window rolls to each offsite day. This is explained in the Split Stay section of this thread and in the first post of the other thread where you are posting.

Yes because your onsite stay ends on 7/1 you have to wait to book for your offsite days. You must wait until the FP Booking window rolls to each offsite day. This is explained in the Split Stay section of this thread and in the first post of the other thread where you are posting.

thank you, I was stressing this morning & hoping you'd respond...if I had had your personal phone number I would have called you at 7am, lol! Here's to tomorrow! thank you

Has Disney closed that little loophole that was possible if you only booked 2 FP+ ahead... once you checked in for the 1st you could get another FP+, even for a different park? I couldn't find the thread on that... probably right in front of my face... :blush:

Has Disney closed that little loophole that was possible if you only booked 2 FP+ ahead... once you checked in for the 1st you could get another FP+, even for a different park? I couldn't find the thread on that... probably right in front of my face... :blush:
FP FAQ Addendum has the steps. :)

When checking for additional FP after the initial 3, I see people talking about refreshing the screen on the MDE app in order to find better times or attractions. How does one go about refreshing? Thanks!

It worked, just like you said, lol! One different question though....I was trying to split up our group for one fastpass (older to Space Mtn, younger to Tomorrowland Speedway at the same time). The people going to the speedway aren't staying onsite, and when I tried to book theirs, it only let me book 30 days out. So I'm assuming in order to book 60 days, one of the people in the party your booking the FP for has to be on the on-site reservation?

I had planned on doing that several times through our week, is there a way around that? I tried dropping and editing and couldn't find a work to make it work.

TIA

It worked, just like you said, lol! One different question though....I was trying to split up our group for one fastpass (older to Space Mtn, younger to Tomorrowland Speedway at the same time). The people going to the speedway aren't staying onsite, and when I tried to book theirs, it only let me book 30 days out. So I'm assuming in order to book 60 days, one of the people in the party your booking the FP for has to be on the on-site reservation?

I had planned on doing that several times through our week, is there a way around that? I tried dropping and editing and couldn't find a work to make it work.

TIA
Yay! And yes, always include an onsite person in the FP grouping and then Change Party to adjust the grouping.

This is my first time to WDW so I hope this isn't too silly a question.

I booked a room-only stay at POR from Sept 15 to Sept 20.

I purchased my tickets (4-park Magic Ticket) separately from an authorised seller (Parksavers) and have linked them to my MDE account.

I intend to use the 4-Park tickets from Sept 16 to Sept 19.

Is there anything else I have to do to "qualify" for the FP+ booking 60 days in advance? I am concerned about running into issues since I booked the room and the tickets separately. Right now the tickets don't appear to be "linked" to the room booking, and the FP+ selection is offering me 30 days' FP+ selection until June 2.

This is my first time to WDW so I hope this isn't too silly a question.

I booked a room-only stay at POR from Sept 15 to Sept 20.

I purchased my tickets (4-park Magic Ticket) separately from an authorised seller (Parksavers) and have linked them to my MDE account.

I intend to use the 4-Park tickets from Sept 16 to Sept 19.

Is there anything else I have to do to "qualify" for the FP+ booking 60 days in advance? I am concerned about running into issues since I booked the room and the tickets separately. Right now the tickets don't appear to be "linked" to the room booking, and the FP+ selection is offering me 30 days' FP+ selection until June 2.
No, you are fine. If you're seeing the 30 day window, everything is linked properly. Once you hit your 60-day mark, the booking window will expand.

Going to WDW next month, first time using Magic bands. We drive our own van to WDW, and we prefer to drive ourselves from our resort to the parks rather than wait for the buses. Do we use our magic bands at the parking lot entrance? We will be using the online checkin ahead of time, and want to drive directly to the MK our first day, then go to our resort once the room is ready. Will our magic bands be active then, or do we have to do something at the resort checkin desk first?

Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter