• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what are my chances of being able to score a 4th FP for meeting Mickey at Town Square Theater in July? I don't want to use one of my advance FPs for that and I was planning to rope drop other attractions. We have never met Mickey at this location, so I was hoping to work it in this trip if the lines aren't too bad.
So I checked for awhile, in March, before I made our FPs and it was impossible. I checked and checked and checked. But, I am hoping that was all because of the fact that he was gearing up to not talk anymore. I am really hoping it will be easier to grab one after he stops. But only time will tell.

Its only giving me 30 day vs. 60 days and its too late to call.. staying on dvc points, why is this doing this and anyway to fix vs. waiting to call in the morning? I am freaking out a bit... thanks, KIM

Its only giving me 30 day vs. 60 days and its too late to call.. staying on dvc points, why is this doing this and anyway to fix vs. waiting to call in the morning? I am freaking out a bit... thanks, KIM
It will only show 30 days until you are at your 60 and then it will open up.

What is your check-in date? Your 60-day window opens when you are exactly 60 days out from check-in at 7:00a.

My FP+ window opens on Sunday. I am primarily focusing on booking FoP twice and the new coaster and saucer ride in Toy Story Land, before I worry about booking anything else. They way our schedule is looking at the moment, we have both HS and AK booked earlier (day 3/4) and later (day 9/10) in the trip. In terms of strategy, should we try to book the earlier days first and maybe assume that the later days will be fairly open in terms of availability OR book the later days first assuming availability will be close to a sure thing (although I recognize nothing is truly a "sure thing") and then take a chance at trying to go back and schedule the rides for the earlier days. I don't know if I explained that particularly well but hopefully some of the more experienced posters on here will understand :).

My FP+ window opens on Sunday. I am primarily focusing on booking FoP twice and the new coaster and saucer ride in Toy Story Land, before I worry about booking anything else. They way our schedule is looking at the moment, we have both HS and AK booked earlier (day 3/4) and later (day 9/10) in the trip. In terms of strategy, should we try to book the earlier days first and maybe assume that the later days will be fairly open in terms of availability OR book the later days first assuming availability will be close to a sure thing (although I recognize nothing is truly a "sure thing") and then take a chance at trying to go back and schedule the rides for the earlier days. I don't know if I explained that particularly well but hopefully some of the more experienced posters on here will understand :).
Are you doing this yourself or can you have someone else do one set of days while you simultaneously do the others?

If you’re on your own, I think you’re safe to start with the early days but be prepared to move immediately to the later days of you strike out. Not many folks do trips of that duration, so those dates should be readily available.

All TSL FPs are still available for 7/1 and beyond as of this morning, and most reports on FOP have shown it available starting on day 3.

Are you doing this yourself or can you have someone else do one set of days while you simultaneously do the others?

If you’re on your own, I think you’re safe to start with the early days but be prepared to move immediately to the later days of you strike out. Not many folks do trips of that duration, so those dates should be readily available.

All TSL FPs are still available for 7/1 and beyond as of this morning, and most reports on FOP have shown it available starting on day 3.
Thank you so much for your input Cluelyss! Unfortunately, it’s just me, myself and I who will be doing the booking. I was leaning towards the approach you suggested so thank you very much for that. We have decided this year to visit the parks later in the day so hopefully that will help as well in terms of the FP+ availability. Thanks again!

Thank you so much for your input Cluelyss! Unfortunately, it’s just me, myself and I who will be doing the booking. I was leaning towards the approach you suggested so thank you very much for that. We have decided this year to visit the parks later in the day so hopefully that will help as well in terms of the FP+ availability. Thanks again!
Good luck!

I read the FAQ on split stays but I’m not sure I understand how FPs are going to work for me. We are staying at the Beach Club for 7 nights. The first night is a room only reservation with no tickets. The next 6 nights are a package with free dining and 6 day park hoppers. We couldn’t get a free dining room the first night as none were available. The lady on the phone told me that when I check in for the first reservation, ask if they can activate my tickets. If they can’t, guest services at whatever park we want to visit that day will be able to. But does this mean we can’t book any FPs for our first day? Or just that we can’t book them until 60 days before our package stay? We will only be booking FPs for 6 days total (the number of tickets we have) but want one of them to be the first day when we have the room only reservation.

I read the FAQ on split stays but I’m not sure I understand how FPs are going to work for me. We are staying at the Beach Club for 7 nights. The first night is a room only reservation with no tickets. The next 6 nights are a package with free dining and 6 day park hoppers. We couldn’t get a free dining room the first night as none were available. The lady on the phone told me that when I check in for the first reservation, ask if they can activate my tickets. If they can’t, guest services at whatever park we want to visit that day will be able to. But does this mean we can’t book any FPs for our first day? Or just that we can’t book them until 60 days before our package stay? We will only be booking FPs for 6 days total (the number of tickets we have) but want one of them to be the first day when we have the room only reservation.

Yes. The applicable portion from the Split Stays post:
RO Stay followed by Package Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first (RO) stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second (package) stay. FPs can be booked for the package stay only; FPs cannot be booked for the room-only stay until tickets are activated at Guest Relations.

Additionally, from the Booking Windows post:
- For purposes of booking FPs, tickets bought as part of a Disney room/ticket package behave differently than tickets bought separately. This distinction has major implications for booking FPs in some situations. Put simply, package tickets are not valid for any dates prior to the room check-in date. Tickets bought separately are valid immediately. It is never advantageous to have package tickets if a guest will be at Disney before their package starts. Additionally, package tickets complicate FP booking scenarios where two linked groups arrive on separate dates.

I just booked a 9 day trip worth on Friday, and I had no problems getting whatever I wanted, and then with tweeking after original bookings got everything how I wanted. I cannot stress the importance of the tweeking process. I will note that I did not need FOP until Midway through trip, but it was wide open. I also had no trouble on the Toy Story stuff(TSM and Alien) on the opening week.
I booked in order of hard to get, bopping around on FP days like nobody's business! The sight makes it easy, often just booking one ride here and there and going back later to tweak.
The Hardest Ride to Tweek later Was FEA! Mornings went quick, but afternoons were still available, and this was for Day 9! (July 5). But if you keep refreshing and tweeking, trying different combos, the system worked great.
I got alot of good FPs last trip by doing that while in lines for additional FPs. Even do this with ADRs if you don't know where your going, we'd see what's available then choose and hop on that bus. Then I was able to tweak an Olivia's we got while on the bus so we didn't have a wait from the original ADR grab just a few minutes earlier.

Ok, so I just on July 4, and FOP could be booked from 12:20 on. It's an Early entree day and I have a Navi booked earlier, and thinking I should grab this and do Navi early instead of the other way around. I have both earlier in the week.

Last edited:
I just wanted to check back in to say that I booked our FPs this morning and the only one for which availability seemed to be limited for the early part of our stay was SDD at HS. I was online right at 7 AM and it was the second ride that I tried to book. I booked it for the 4th day of our trip and the earliest available was 9:05 pm. I did go back and check a few times to see if maybe I had made a mistake but 9:05 was the earliest available. I used the technique of going back and modifying as mentioned by DJFan88 above and this worked very well to adjust a few of the times that I wasn’t initially happy with. All things considered, it was pretty easy and I had no problem getting the two FoP FPs that I was hoping to get.

I just wanted to check back in to say that I booked our FPs this morning and the only one for which availability seemed to be limited for the early part of our stay was SDD at HS. I was online right at 7 AM and it was the second ride that I tried to book. I booked it for the 4th day of our trip and the earliest available was 9:05 pm. I did go back and check a few times to see if maybe I had made a mistake but 9:05 was the earliest available. I used the technique of going back and modifying as mentioned by DJFan88 above and this worked very well to adjust a few of the times that I wasn’t initially happy with. All things considered, it was pretty easy and I had no problem getting the two FoP FPs that I was hoping to get.

This time is great, as I'm assuming you will be utilizing the 7-8 am morning extra hours, and you will probably be able to squeeze in something other than Toy story stuff after you initially hit something like TSM upon opening. It will be nice to know you have that then. If your FPs are too early, your not utilizing the time early before things start getting packed.

i'm posting this so that you guys can tell me what i'm missing. we go to WDW just about every year so reserving fastpasses isn't new to me. for our trip this year, we're staying at the CR 6/22 - 6/24, doing a cruise 6/24 - 6/29, and then staying at WL 6/29 - 7/6. i booked fastpasses for 6/23 last week. i was expecting the fastpass window for 6/29 - 7/6 to open tomorrow morning at 7:00am. I was just poking around in MDE for the heck of it and realized that i could select the 6/29 - 7/6 dates to make fastpasses. I went ahead and did it, because i could, but i'm not sure i understand why. I'm kinda concerned that, if this is some sort of glitch in the site, i could end up loosing the fastpasses. what am i missing?

i'm posting this so that you guys can tell me what i'm missing. we go to WDW just about every year so reserving fastpasses isn't new to me. for our trip this year, we're staying at the CR 6/22 - 6/24, doing a cruise 6/24 - 6/29, and then staying at WL 6/29 - 7/6. i booked fastpasses for 6/23 last week. i was expecting the fastpass window for 6/29 - 7/6 to open tomorrow morning at 7:00am. I was just poking around in MDE for the heck of it and realized that i could select the 6/29 - 7/6 dates to make fastpasses. I went ahead and did it, because i could, but i'm not sure i understand why. I'm kinda concerned that, if this is some sort of glitch in the site, i could end up loosing the fastpasses. what am i missing?
It’s because the “rolling window” from Stay#1 met up with your window for Stay#2 and opened it one day early.

It’s explained in the Split Stay section. It’s a nice little perk. :)

It’s because the “rolling window” from Stay#1 met up with your window for Stay#2 and opened it one day early.

It’s explained in the Split Stay section. It’s a nice little perk. :)
interesting. so i could have booked these dates even earlier than today?

You could have booked at 7:00a this morning but not any earlier because your Stay#1 rolled into today at 7a and automatically opened Stay#2.
for education purposes, what made stay #1 roll into stay #2 this morning? i thought that they'd be handled as separate 60+10 windows because of the days in between. i just looked at the split stay section but, if i'm seeing it correctly, it looks like that only talks about contiguous stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter