Fastpass Enforcement coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, to be fair it also exists in every other head who's read this thread (other than yours apparently). He posted that he was in fact a male, and you followed up with continuing to call him a queen, several times.

I sure hope I don't earn another number.... ;)

This is a legitimate post, no number. So, he is a he. Looks like several of my last posts were using the proper term, then.

In the post you refer to he didn't, and never has since, indicate he is a male. He did indicate he preferred the title of emperor, but did not say specifically say he was a male.

Either way, he will now be (and has been referred to for a while) as a male.

Rumor has it, free ding will be a thing of the past. Disney will introduce a new promotion to fill resorts.

Interesting...they seem to have gone the opposite in general, with free dining available far more than just the extremely low occupancy periods...

Yes. It's free for resort guests or can be purchased in limited quanities by anyone (VIP Pass or an add on) Tickets are limited and prices vary (weekends, seasons and holidays) An adult VIP's price..$169.99-$259.99..w/o $120.

It isn't much of a reservation system, as it is just a FOTL system - you don't need to get a time, you just go up and get on.

And there are two purchasable levels. The unlimited version is available as the VIP option to non-resort guests for the high price. There is also the cheaper Express Plus pass, but that is a single use per attraction version.

All versions are limited to "participating" attractions as well, with the notable exemption of Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (having that unlimited access would greatly impact the already long wait times). But the resort guests get in an hour early to that area to help make up for it.

Rumor has it, free ding will be a thing of the past. Disney will introduce a new promotion to fill resorts.

Good luck to them trying to un-ring that (dinner) bell. I think some folks believe "free" dining is part of the Bill of Rights by now!

In the post you refer to he didn't, and never has since, indicate he is a male. He did indicate he preferred the title of emperor, but did not say specifically say he was a male.

You can play naive all you want, but it looks like I'm not the only one who noticed what you were doing.

Looks like you put a lot of time into that. Sorry, still not going to bite.

Promise?

You can play naive all you want, but it looks like I'm not the only one who noticed what you were doing.
Nor was I the only one noticing you. Playing naive is truly an art form that only I can wish to master as well as you. How you can go on for days and days and countless pages, completely unprovoked and unchallenged with nothing but silence in return from me, and then go on to play the victim card. Well played, sir. Well played.

May the magic of the ages rain down on your day like a shower of sunshine.
:tink:

This is a legitimate post, no number. So, he is a he. Looks like several of my last posts were using the proper term, then.

Either way, he will now be (and has been referred to for a while) as a male.

I don't doubt that you really believe this, just don't be naive enough to think anyone else will.

A lot of 100 Disney pins from China?????? :lmao:

No, of course, it's expired FPs to all your favorite attractions!

No, no, no, it's a plain white envelope that may just happen to contain something else...(hopefully not a powdery white substance though).

Oh and for the record, I kept track of how I used FP over the course of the vacation, only twice did I make it within the window, I also pulled a large number of FPs I never ended up using. .

I think that bolded part right there is a part of the reason for the change.

I had the same thing happen in early Feb...I came home with FPs from PP and TT...I intended to use them....but for whatever reason never made it back to the rides.

It would seem to me that a more efficient system would be to monitor what's gone unused and re-load the FP machine so there are FPs later in the day. They could only do that if they expired at the end of their hour.

And that also fits with the part of the announcement that said something like "as more people use FP we want to make sure everyone has max opportunity". (obviously paraphrasing)

Wow. Congratulations, I think we have reached a new low.

:sad2:

see I though that line was kinda funny.

I also enjoyed the bit about spitballs from the back of the class, video in the gymnasium and I really admired "scuba diving near crush depths". And Beavis to your Butthead.

no offense NYT, you got your shots in too...but the guy has quite a way of painting visual images...:lmao:

see I though that line was kinda funny.

I also enjoyed the bit about spitballs from the back of the class, video in the gymnasium and I really admired "scuba diving near crush depths". And Beavis to your Butthead.

no offense NYT, you got your shots in too...but the guy has quite a way of painting visual images...:lmao:

I missed "scuba diving near crush depths" but yeah, that's pretty good. And I already posted my admiration for the Butt-Head comment.

I don't doubt that you really believe this, just don't be naive enough to think anyone else will.
I don't doubt it. People believe many different things. If you don't doubt that I really believe this, I'll presume that this explanation has met with your satisfaction, and there will be no further discussion of it.
Par for the course.
I believe that course is titled the nytimez country club. Most holes are a par 17, pretty muddy. I believe he designed it that way...but he seems to play it better when by himself, and not with other players.

I had the same thing happen in early Feb...I came home with FPs from PP and TT...I intended to use them....but for whatever reason never made it back to the rides.

It would seem to me that a more efficient system would be to monitor what's gone unused and re-load the FP machine so there are FPs later in the day. They could only do that is they expired at the end of their hour.

And that also fits with the part of the announcement that said something like "as more people use FP we want to make sure everyone has max opportunity". (obviously paraphrasing)

I think to do this would require tracking of the FP usage more closely (which would more easily be done when the xPASS tech stuff gets installed, etc.). And then you have some issues to contend with - you "reload" the FP machine with more FPs - but those FPs are for a later time than the ones that weren't used - which means MORE potential FPs used in a given period later on. That essentially creates the same "problem" that just allowing using them late would - you are just trading which people are doing it.

Plus, only a limited number get re-loaded...what should the return time be? Will there be "Fastpass Hawks" waiting for the machines to get reloaded? What happens if a group of 4 only gets 3 then because it ran out again? (oh, yeah...just claim they "lost" one... :) )

Far more complicated than just forgetting them, rolling in a "we know on average this many will go unused" factor into how many are issued, and/or just giving the standby line a break.

I don't think so. They have a pretty good idea of how many FPs go unused each day and the system is tweaked and adjusted to account for it. And I don't think this change will necessarily lead to any significant swing in the number of unused FPs at the end of each day.

People will still pull a 7pm TSM FP, for example, and still get in line for Fantasmic instead. Or leave the park altogether and forget to come back or simply decide not to come back when they realize at 2:30 that they've pretty much done everything they want to do at DHS.

Interesting...they seem to have gone the opposite in general, with free dining available far more than just the extremely low occupancy periods...

I've "heard", they will continue to phase it out...never-ending FD. Makes sense, since it appears, NexGen is being phased in

It isn't much of a reservation system, as it is just a FOTL system - you don't need to get a time, you just go up and get on.

You are correct, I misread his question and adjusted my response.

And there are two purchasable levels. The unlimited version is available as the VIP option to non-resort guests for the high price. There is also the cheaper Express Plus pass, but that is a single use per attraction version.
Again, you are correct. Express Plus is a more limited version and the add on price also varies. It can be purchased with single park and park to park passes. We've only purhased VIP tix, so I don't know, if EP can be purchased for single days or must be length of pass.

It would seem to me that a more efficient system would be to monitor what's gone unused and re-load the FP machine so there are FPs later in the day. They could only do that if they expired at the end of their hour.

I think that would have the same effect as people using their FP late (which is debateable if there IS an effect). As people miss their window, more FPs are available for later. That would mean more people using FP later because an earlier FP time was not used. Pretty much the same as if the original person used their FP later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter