Fastpass+ Coming Back - Button was on my plans earlier today

https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...-avatarland-and-star-wars-land-built.3238216/
I wrote about paid FP+ several years ago. My friend used to work at Disney finance and told me they were doing long range financial plans with the assumption that FP+ would be a revenue source in the future.

Of course I think this was before a lot of the paid early morning magic stuff so maybe that's the revenue source that was included and it wasn't FP+.
That was a fun read seeing what people thought about this back then. And you could tell people were afraid to get their hopes up for a StarWarsLand lol.

Last edited:
That was a fun read seeing what people thought about this back then. And you could tell people were afraid to get their hopes up for a StarWarsLand lol.
Yeah. Lots of people were telling me that Star Wars Land wasn't announced so how could I assume it would even be built?

Well first off my friend who worked at Disney Corporate told me so I just trusted him. Second, if I was Disney and I spent $4 BILLION for an IP I'd milk that alien-sea-cow like Luke Skywalker and get everything out of that IP I possibly could. So it only made sense that Disney would put Star Wars in the parks and probably in a pretty major way.

FP+ is not likely coming back they way it used to be. It's most likely going to be similar to Shanghai's where you pay per package of attractions. There its roughly $80 for 8 rides per person.
I really hope not. We want to do 7DMT but have no interest in space mountain for example. We don't fit in a box. Plus as a family of 6 that is expensive and most definitely don't all want the same stuff.

Yeah. Lots of people were telling me that Star Wars Land wasn't announced so how could I assume it would even be built?

Well first off my friend who worked at Disney Corporate told me so I just trusted him. Second, if I was Disney and I spent $4 BILLION for an IP I'd milk that alien-sea-cow like Luke Skywalker and get everything out of that IP I possibly could. So it only made sense that Disney would put Star Wars in the parks and probably in a pretty major way.
And not just one Billion dollar land

TWO of them 🤣
908DD8C5-BF3C-4193-9E70-39F2EE315B1F.png

There's no limit to how many times you can ride a ride on a VIP tour, you could just ride the same ride all day if you wanted.

Not really. They take you around and you can get on rides but it's still only once.

Did that change?

With a VIP tour, you get FastPass or backstage access to any attraction – multiple times! When arranging your tour, you submit a requested itinerary so that your guide can best plan the day.Jun 8, 2019

There's no limit to how many times you can ride a ride on a VIP tour, you could just ride the same ride all day if you wanted.

Yea I hadn't heard they changed that as Jrb1979 claimed.

But there you go Jrb1979 you will love it. pixiedust:

I would love that. It would give people like me who like to ride things multiple times a chance to do so.

Yea I hadn't heard they changed that as Jrb1979 claimed.

But there you go Jrb1979 you will love it. pixiedust:
I never knew that about VIP. Either way it's not what I would like. I don't want to pay that much and I don't want a guide with me.

I still say the best system is what Universal uses. No schedule involved

I’d like to get a group of 10 ppl together and chip in for VIP with the goal of setting The Guinness Book Of World Records most rides on FoP in 1 day. Who wants to try? 🙂 Any guesses to what hat record could be?

I’d like to get a group of 10 ppl together and chip in for VIP with the goal of setting The Guinness Book Of World Records most rides on FoP in 1 day. Who wants to try? 🙂 Any guesses to what hat record could be?
No idea what it would be. I rode it 5 times 1 day 4 of them were back to back with FP the day after Hurricane Dorian. We could have kept going but vertigo started to set in for me and my teenage boys.

I never knew that about VIP. Either way it's not what I would like. I don't want to pay that much and I don't want a guide with me.

I still say the best system is what Universal uses. No schedule involved

Regardless, there is a currently offered solution to what you said you would love.

An exorbitantly expensive way to give people like you a chance to ride multiple times.

I think we'll see that plus the addition of exorbitantly expensive "ride now!" instant fastpasses.
I would love that. It would give people like me who like to ride things multiple times a chance to do so.

HIGHLY unlikely there will be any kind of system that allows multiple FP's on the top tier attractions. Too many on site guests and even just total guests overall (once back to full capacity). This is why they implemented the tiered system in the first place. There simply is not enough capacity in the high demand attractions to allow multiple FPs without increasing overall guest dissatisfaction. So they created an upper tier and threw attractions in there that didn't belong just to try to pull some people off the newer high demand attractions. And even at that they couldn't allow more than 1 advance FP per day for that tier. There's a very good chance there will be some kind of paid system, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the chance to book 3+ FPs a day for the most popular attractions.

The Animal Kingdom after hours event was similar in pricing ($129 plus tax per person) so my DH and DD went one evening while I stayed with the younger kids. They entered the park early (at 7 pm) rode Everest and Dinosaur multiple times before the official start and then Navi and FOP 4 times. After that it got boring so they headed back. I think after hours events should definitely stick around.

The Animal Kingdom after hours event was similar in pricing ($129 plus tax per person) so my DH and DD went one evening while I stayed with the younger kids. They entered the park early (at 7 pm) rode Everest and Dinosaur multiple times before the official start and then Navi and FOP 4 times. After that it got boring so they headed back. I think after hours events should definitely stick around.
What you described is how I do parks normally. Last time I was at Universal I rode Mummy 10 times in 2 days and wasn't bored at all.

What you described is how I do parks normally. Last time I was at Universal I rode Mummy 10 times in 2 days and wasn't bored at all.
I've done Everest 9 times in one day before just with FP+. It's been a little bit, but it was right before Pandora opened. I haven't really tried to ride anything that much in one day since, but I did get to walk on FOP 5 times in a row in August, that was fun (though I am well aware that was an anomaly and not something that can usually be done). I do typically ride my favorites at least 2 or 3 times.

Disney has done research on how many experiences a day guests need to increase their desire for a return visit.

they’ve gotta balance that with increasing capacity and considering any pay to play system.

And Disney, if you’re reading this, although many who post here are willing to pay for FP, many also aren’t- and won’t be back if your lines are bonkers.

My limit is 3 times in a row (no wait). After the 3rd time I felt sick so I had to stop. That was during the special Dreams event at Pandora in August 2019.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter