• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to look at possibly changing your FP+ ressies or must you release them before you even get to look at other options?

When I try and change something it gives the ! and warning that I will lose what I have.

Is it possible to look at possibly changing your FP+ ressies or must you release them before you even get to look at other options?

When I try and change something it gives the ! and warning that I will lose what I have.
I *believe* it will not cancel your existing FPs until you actually select and confirm the new ones. I know that's true for making changes with the modify function.

You don't actually lose them until you finalize the new selection (continue/confirm on the screen with A,B,C,D)

ok I'm bothering you guys so much but it's out of LOVE! FP+ for the parade is it worth it? I canceled my wishes one.

ok I'm bothering you guys so much but it's out of LOVE! FP+ for the parade is it worth it? I canceled my wishes one.
If you can stay to view the 2nd parade, it will be much less crowded and you will not need a FP. However, I have 2 small children, so for me, YES it's worth it for the early parade. I don't recall you having children in your party, though, so I'd recommend saving your FP and catching the later parade.

I'm in the beginning stages of planning a big family vacation next year. When selecting fast passes for all of us their are some things we'd like to do together in one park and different things in another park. If they are all linked is the a way to make different fastpass reservations for all of us. Some don't like thrill rides where others do. I've only previously made fast pass reservations for 3 of us and we all did the same thing. this is the first time it would be a large group :hyper:

I'm in the beginning stages of planning a big family vacation next year. When selecting fast passes for all of us their are some things we'd like to do together in one park and different things in another park. If they are all linked is the a way to make different fastpass reservations for all of us. Some don't like thrill rides where others do. I've only previously made fast pass reservations for 3 of us and we all did the same thing. this is the first time it would be a large group :hyper:
Yes. When you make your FP selections, the first thing you will do is select your party. You can select all or some of your linked members and then select your park and date. Then simply repeat the process for the others. If there's a day when you want to do some things together and some apart, it's probably easiest to schedule the whole party, then switch out one or two attractions as needed.

OK, so I am a little embarrassed to ask this really basic question, but, I have always had it in my head that you need to have your park tickets linked to your MDE prior to being able to make FP+ selections. We have a room only reservation at POP. I am starting to think that we don't need the park tickets at the 60 day mark; the resort reservation is enough to activate the FP+ selection process. Am I right on that?

OK, so I am a little embarrassed to ask this really basic question, but, I have always had it in my head that you need to have your park tickets linked to your MDE prior to being able to make FP+ selections. We have a room only reservation at POP. I am starting to think that we don't need the park tickets at the 60 day mark; the resort reservation is enough to activate the FP+ selection process. Am I right on that?

Curious, why are you second-guessing? Your first instinct is the correct one--you need tickets linked before booking FPs.

I was thinking that maybe just the reservation was enough because of the way things were worded in Disney's FAQs about FP+. It seemed like they were saying two things: if you had your tickets, your FP selection opened up for dates within 30 days; but if you had a room reservation, you could book at 60 days, for up to 14 days. It didn't seem to be saying that your tickets had to be attached to your reservation. But, I will admit to not taking a huge amount of time to look around the Disney site for the rules when I knew that I had a bunch of experts right here! Thanks!

I was thinking that maybe just the reservation was enough because of the way things were worded in Disney's FAQs about FP+. It seemed like they were saying two things: if you had your tickets, your FP selection opened up for dates within 30 days; but if you had a room reservation, you could book at 60 days, for up to 14 days. It didn't seem to be saying that your tickets had to be attached to your reservation. But, I will admit to not taking a huge amount of time to look around the Disney site for the rules when I knew that I had a bunch of experts right here! Thanks!

Tickets are required for both cases.

Thanks again! It seemed like it was maybe an 'or'. Truthfully, my concern is that we are going with another family for our upcoming trip in June. I have got our tickets linked, etc, so we are all set. I have told them that they need theirs, but I kinda don't trust them; I am fearful that they might not have their act together at 60 days. So, I was looking for a loophole! ; )

Hopefully my last FP+ planning question for my trip... last day of booking is tonight at 1 am for Fri. 5/8 and I'll be picking two for my son (his favorites on our last trip) Buzz Lightyear and Tomorrowland Speedway. So I have one more to choose and unless I actually manage to get the 9 PM MSEP (was unable to get for Wed. 5/6), I'm not sure what to pick. We'll have hit most of the "headliners" on our previous days at MK and my husband suggested Pirates of the Caribbean. Are the waits for that longer than 20 minutes in the afternoon? Is Pirates a useful pick? This would be in the mid afternoon, as we will be at HS for the H&V Disney Jr. breakfast earlier that day.

I've read through and searched but cannot find exactly what I'm wanting to know. I know you cannot make your three fp+ choices for different parks like 1 in MK and 2 at HS. But there are three in our party going, and two of us might go to MK one day and one go to Epcot that same day. Can in one day I make FP+ reservations for two of us in the party at MK, and the other persons at Epcot? If so, how? All tickets linked to one account controlling everything.

I've read through and searched but cannot find exactly what I'm wanting to know. I know you cannot make your three fp+ choices for different parks like 1 in MK and 2 at HS. But there are three in our party going, and two of us might go to MK one day and one go to Epcot that same day. Can in one day I make FP+ reservations for two of us in the party at MK, and the other persons at Epcot? If so, how? All tickets linked to one account controlling everything.

Yes.

See the response by "Cluelyss" about six or seven posts above this one.

Yes.

See the response by "Cluelyss" about six or seven posts above this one.
Ok, so it's basically the same process as choosing different attractions in the same park, except I will choose a different park for that person? Is that correct?

Ok, so it's basically the same process as choosing different attractions in the same park, except I will choose a different park for that person? Is that correct?
Yes. First select the individuals that want FPs in the other park, then choose the park and date. Proceed as usual from there. Repeat for the rest of your party.

I feel a little silly about this but... I have been to WDW a number of times, but have not been there a good 5 years now. This year I have reservations for the end of August with my family, who it will be their first time (husband and two girls, 10 and 3). I believe I understand how fastpass+ works. and I have a basic plan for magic kingdom using rope drop as a method along with fastpass. But for Epcot and Hollywood studios, I feel at loss. I guess now rides that use to be walk on rides now have longer waits, but I would prefer to use my fastpass for rides such as soarin and test track. My question I suppose, Do I have to use fast passes now for shows (Little mermaid, beauty and the beast) and smaller rides such as spaceship earth.
Also I've never actually done the meet and greet with characters. This year going with my girls, of course they want to meet their favorite characters, do I use a fast pass for those meet and greets. what if the rolling fast pass run out for the bigger rides (splash mountain) while I'm there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter