• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
These fast passes are boggling my mind. Haven't been to Disney in a while and usually like doing all the planning, must be getting old cause I'm confused. I will be using a scooter so do I still need fast passes for viewing parades or illumination. . Before there was a designated handicap spot. Do I need a fast pass for festival of the lion king? I am taking my grandson and want to have a great experience but so far I'm stressed not knowing what to plan and that is so not me. The planning is suppose to be fun. :confused3

I read that you can link tickets, in MDX, purchased from some of the other companies selling park tickets. Has anyone had success with linking tickets purchased through MWR (military) tickets?

I read that you can link tickets, in MDX, purchased from some of the other companies selling park tickets. Has anyone had success with linking tickets purchased through MWR (military) tickets?

Yes, go on MDX click "My Revervations and Tickets" then "Link Tickets" and follow the directions from there. Very easy! It has you assign each ticket to people in you MDX so make sure each person going has a profile on your MDX already.

Have fun!

You can book for the days beyond your resort stay at 60 days prior to each day as long as you have enough ticket entitlements for each of those days.
What about if you have a day prior to checking in. Can you book that earlier day when your 60 day booking window opens, or do you have to wait until 30 days out?

Thank you for the great information. I could use confirmation for our scenario.

My mother is coming for a portion of our trip at the beginning. I purchased a package for that part and 5 day tickets. The CM told me I could take our magic bands to guest services and add on the additional 5 days for the 3 of us who will be staying at a room only reservation at Boardwalk.

After reading the information - we would only be able to book FP for the 5 days, correct? Not the 10 for the other 3.

So I will have to upgrade our tickets now for us to be able to book FP for the other days, correct?

This will be an additional $50 that we won't use. Well worth it to book FP but would love to save it if I could.

TIA!

Thank you for the great information. I could use confirmation for our scenario.

My mother is coming for a portion of our trip at the beginning. I purchased a package for that part and 5 day tickets. The CM told me I could take our magic bands to guest services and add on the additional 5 days for the 3 of us who will be staying at a room only reservation at Boardwalk.

After reading the information - we would only be able to book FP for the 5 days, correct? Not the 10 for the other 3.

So I will have to upgrade our tickets now for us to be able to book FP for the other days, correct?

This will be an additional $50 that we won't use. Well worth it to book FP but would love to save it if I could.

TIA!

You are correct...unfortunately, when using a package, everyone in the room must at least start out with the same features - number of days, dining plan, etc., up until the point you check in. After that, you can upgrade tickets individually.

But that also means you can only book 5 days of FP+, because that's how many days you have on your tickets currently.

It's a restriction (everyone has same tickets) I hope they'll reconsider - OK to require tickets in general, but differing lengths shouldn't be a big deal.

What about if you have a day prior to checking in. Can you book that earlier day when your 60 day booking window opens, or do you have to wait until 30 days out?
The 60 day window only applies to 60 days prior to your check in date. If you want to schedule FPs for a day in advance of your check in date, then you are correct, you would need to book that one 30 days out.

You are correct...unfortunately, when using a package, everyone in the room must at least start out with the same features - number of days, dining plan, etc., up until the point you check in. After that, you can upgrade tickets individually.

But that also means you can only book 5 days of FP+, because that's how many days you have on your tickets currently.

It's a restriction (everyone has same tickets) I hope they'll reconsider - OK to require tickets in general, but differing lengths shouldn't be a big deal.

Thanks so much! Yuck - but I'm glad I know ahead of time.

30 days prior only if you purchased your tickets separately and not part of a package.

If tickets are tied to your package, you cannot book FPs for park days prior to your check-in date.

If you have a package, you can activate your tickets up to three days early when you reach WDW. Then you can book FPs for those days before your resort stay begins.

I have to think this link has been posted somewhere in this thread, though I only looked back a few pages and did not see it, nor see it incorporated into the OP. I rarely look at this thread on an ongoing basis, so may very well may have missed it.

It shows availability of hard to get and reasonably hard to get fastpasses, updated every 30 minutes. To me at least, it seems like quite a valuable tool and a nice piece of programming by SMAX on the Dibb.

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835236

And thanks to mboy for maintaining the OP here, very helpful.

Hoping someone knows if we can do this! My husband and I are taking our 3 & 5yr olds in Feb. I've booked all our FPs incl 7DMT. My question is since I'm expecting and can't ride, could my husband use my MB to take my daughter after he's used his to take my son? I wasn't sure if there was another way for him to ride twice as
the kids can't sit on their own. Thx!

30 days prior only if you purchased your tickets separately and not part of a package. If tickets are tied to your package, you cannot book FPs prior to your check-in date. If you have a package, you can activate your tickets up to three days early when you reach WDW. Then you can book FPs for those days before your resort stay begins.

So if I have a MYW package I can't book FP+ until I check in? Or 3 days prior. How do you activate your tickets?

So if I have a MYW package I can't book FP+ until I check in? Or 3 days prior. How do you activate your tickets?

Mesaboy2 explains it in the very first post. Easiest to remember is all onsite guests with tickets can schedule their Fastpasses 60 days before they check in.

You don't need to worry about anything if you are planning to arrive on the day your package begins... book your Fastpasses at 60 days out.

Hoping someone knows if we can do this! My husband and I are taking our 3 & 5yr olds in Feb. I've booked all our FPs incl 7DMT. My question is since I'm expecting and can't ride, could my husband use my MB to take my daughter after he's used his to take my son? I wasn't sure if there was another way for him to ride twice as the kids can't sit on their own. Thx!
You can most certainly do this, and is the only way for DH to ride twice that I can think of, unless theres a reverse rider swap available for expectant mothers??

Has anyone had any issues linking an AP voucher to MDE? I've always had an active AP, so no big deal. But, I let mine expire back in Dec. I now have a trip in mid-May as well as early in Dec. I'll be getting the voucher in Feb at some point.

I have to think this link has been posted somewhere in this thread, though I only looked back a few pages and did not see it, nor see it incorporated into the OP. I rarely look at this thread on an ongoing basis, so may very well may have missed it.

It shows availability of hard to get and reasonably hard to get fastpasses, updated every 30 minutes. To me at least, it seems like quite a valuable tool and a nice piece of programming by SMAX on the Dibb.

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835236

And thanks to mboy for maintaining the OP here, very helpful.

I think I should incorporate this link into the first post. For a while there I was unsure if that was kosher or not since I seem to recall early posts of that link disappearing. Thanks for the suggestion. :goodvibes

ETA: done. Broke apart Availability and General Strategies into two sections and added above link to Availability.

So since Epcot and HS have the tiering system, what happens if I only book one FP+ and then, once at the park, want to book another one for another tier 1 ride? Is this possible? For example, book FP+ for TSMM ahead of time, get to the park, use the FP+, and then want to book a FP+ for RNRC.

So since Epcot and HS have the tiering system, what happens if I only book one FP+ and then, once at the park, want to book another one for another tier 1 ride? Is this possible? For example, book FP+ for TSMM ahead of time, get to the park, use the FP+, and then want to book a FP+ for RNRC.

I have heard conflicting reports on the success of this and therefore don't recommend it.

You cannot book only 1 FP - the system will force you to book all 3 initially. If you only select 1 attraction, it will auto fill the other 2. Once booked, you can cancel the FPs you do not want, but once cancelled, you cannot get them back without canceling your entire day's selection or making a call to Disney IT.

I believe I read reports easier in this thread where people had success canceling one or two of their original FPs and then still being able to schedule additional FPs later in the day....but I also think the additional FPs were at a different park. Not sure if anyone has had success doing this at the same park?

Also, keep in kind that in those parks with a tiering system, the tier 1 attractions are rarely available day of, and if they are, they go very quickly. So that may restrict your ability to do this regardless.

I have heard conflicting reports on the success of this and therefore don't recommend it.

You cannot book only 1 FP - the system will force you to book all 3 initially. If you only select 1 attraction, it will auto fill the other 2. Once booked, you can cancel the FPs you do not want, but once cancelled, you cannot get them back without canceling your entire day's selection or making a call to Disney IT.

I believe I read reports easier in this thread where people had success canceling one or two of their original FPs and then still being able to schedule additional FPs later in the day....but I also think the additional FPs were at a different park. Not sure if anyone has had success doing this at the same park?

Also, keep in kind that in those parks with a tiering system, the tier 1 attractions are rarely available day of, and if they are, they go very quickly. So that may restrict your ability to do this regardless.

Thank you both for your help! Your information helps a lot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter