FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what's going on with FP+ for Anna & Elsa? I just checked the DIBB, A&E are unavailable all through 09/18. How is this possible? The 60-day booking window for 09/13 hasn't even opened yet. Will Disney open up more FP+ spots once that window open or something?

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/fastpass_plus_availability.php

Two potential reasons:

1) People checking in now who have longer reservations can book through the end of their reservations. So, if I was checking in 9/12, the 60-day booking window is open for me. If I have a 7-night reservation, I can book through 9/18.

2) Slots may not have been released yet for a variety of reasons.

Hi Maggie (that's my daughter's name too!)

I think your 7DMT time is fine. You are going in Sept.? With a pre-open BOG, you'll be able to hit A&E without much trouble at opening; use the rest of the morning to hit other high priority rides (PP, the Mountains, etc.) which will have very manageable waits until @11a.m.; have lunch; then start using your FP as the crowds build in the afternoon, while doing low priority (or "anytime") attractions in between FPs. If that 7DMT time is your latest FP time, you'll still have many hours left to grab 4th-and-beyond FPs, though in Sept. & with efficient morning touring you are likely to find you don't need them.

I highly recommend easywdw.com for guidance on which attractions you should hit in the first few hours of the day, and which you can leave for later and do "anytime." Hope that helps!

Does anyone know what's going on with FP+ for Anna & Elsa? I just checked the DIBB, A&E are unavailable all through 09/18. How is this possible? The 60-day booking window for 09/13 hasn't even opened yet. Will Disney open up more FP+ spots once that window open or something?

Take this with a grain of salt, but I had a terrible time getting an A&E FP last October, and this is what someone told me...

During the busy summer months, there are 2 sets of sisters meeting during the day. Once the slower fall season hits, this is scaled back to 1. Couple that with shorter operating hours (as well as several nights of early closure due to MNSSHP), and there are far less FPs to be had in September than, say, July, making it a much more difficult FP to obtain during a slower time of the year.

To up your odds, try to get A&E as late in your trip as possible, and try for overlapping singles if you have a larger party. The dibb only shows availability in blocks of 4, so there could be many 1 or 2 person openings still out there.

Also, as PP mentioned, people staying on property for 5+ days are already scheduling those days. By scheduling as late in your trip as possible, you can tap into days that the least amount of people have had access to already.

Finally, if at first you don't succeed, keep searching as people change their plans all the time. A&E hoarding is as common as ADR hoarding these days, so you'll likely be able to find availability the closer to your trip you get.

Additional slots are unlikely to be added unless park hours are extended later on.

Good luck!

Thanks to all who replied. My 60-day window will open tonight. Keeping my fingers crossed

This is our first time having to book FP+ I get to make our FP's thursday into Friday midnight...we are staying sept 15-25. We've gone this time in the past so I know it's not a huge busy time, we've always walked right on most rides except soaring, test track, peter pan and toy story midway mania. I plan on making FP selections for those rides but do I need to be making fp selections for much else? I am going to try for Anna and Else, although both of my girls aren't going to be upset if we don't get them...they are give or take on Frozen. I guess my question is, how busy have standby lines gotten during less crowded times of the year now that FP+ is in full swing? Should I be making FP reservations for things I normally would have been able to walk on? Or will stand by be the normal 10-15 min wait in September?

If you have ADR reservation, does the FP+ system automatically block you from making FP+ selection for the same time?

I have been watching that site and as of yesterday it was only booked through the 15th, this morning the 16th-18th booked. I was shocked!

Our 60 day window opens this WE. MK closes at midnight with EMH until 200 am on Saturday night...... when will my window open at midnight, or 2 or? TIA!!!!!!

To the posters who think there is something :fishy" re: A&E Fastpass... this morning at 12 midnight was my 60 day window. Perhaps 12 seconds after midnight when I went to my 6th day of vacay there was NOTHING for A&E.... nothing for the entire week. Not gonna let it spoil my grandkids WDW trip but think "something smells rotten". And this during a fairly unbusy time the week after Labor Day. I will continue looking but think it smacks of unfairness.

I think I can guess what happened with A&E. The 60-day window is based on the hotel's check in date. So if someone has a longer stay, let say from 09/10-09/20, their 60-day window has been opened and they can already book all through the end of their trip which is 09/20. When my 60-day window finally opened last night (for 09/13), A&E was already booked full for the entire duration of my trip. I'm gonna have to try rope drop.

Last edited:
I'm really worried about getting A&E now for my trip in November! DD6 has it at the top of her list! I guess I'd better score a couple BOG breakfasts (if they'd ever extend the darn things!) and try to get there right after breakfast!!

To the posters who think there is something :fishy" re: A&E Fastpass... this morning at 12 midnight was my 60 day window. Perhaps 12 seconds after midnight when I went to my 6th day of vacay there was NOTHING for A&E.... nothing for the entire week. Not gonna let it spoil my grandkids WDW trip but think "something smells rotten". And this during a fairly unbusy time the week after Labor Day. I will continue looking but think it smacks of unfairness.
I posted this above, but wanted to mention again, regarding A&E availability during the "slow season":
Take this with a grain of salt, but I had a terrible time getting an A&E FP last October, and this is what someone told me...

During the busy summer months, there are 2 sets of sisters meeting during the day. Once the slower fall season hits, this is scaled back to 1. Couple that with shorter operating hours (as well as several nights of early closure due to MNSSHP), and there are far less FPs to be had in September than, say, July, making it a much more difficult FP to obtain during a slower time of the year.

Keep checking and try booking overlapping singles for your party. Also, given that September is a slower time, you can always plan to do them right at RD or at the end if the day with a minimal wait. Keep in mind that they also meet during EMH. Good luck!

To up your odds, try to get A&E as late in your trip as possible, and try for overlapping singles if you have a larger party. The dibb only shows availability in blocks of 4, so there could be many 1 or 2 person openings still out there.

Also, as PP mentioned, people staying on property for 5+ days are already scheduling those days. By scheduling as late in your trip as possible, you can tap into days that the least amount of people have had access to already.

Finally, if at first you don't succeed, keep searching as people change their plans all the time. A&E hoarding is as common as ADR hoarding these days, so you'll likely be able to find availability the closer to your trip you get.

Additional slots are unlikely to be added unless park hours are extended later on.

Good luck!

I posted this above, but wanted to mention again, regarding A&E availability during the "slow season":

Keep checking and try booking overlapping singles for your party. Also, given that September is a slower time, you can always plan to do them right at RD or at the end if the day with a minimal wait. Keep in mind that they also meet during EMH. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter