Fastest Waitlist Match EVER...and confessions of a DVC resort stalker and changer!

kittylady1972

Disneyholic
So over the weekend we finalized a somewhat last minute trip to WDW in August. Am I the only one who does this?

Started with: planned a trip with friends last month to the "dark" side; we are AP holders there and they had some great rates so we booked 2 nights in a USF Club Level room for midweek (Tue and Wed night). Booked Thurs flights home but were still debating when to leave.

Next: Why not add some Disney before that? How about 2 nights? Find and book an SSR Studio room. I'm cheap with points and want to maximize my trips and we already have trips booked for Sept and October. Plus we have APs we've purchased but not yet activated, so why not activate them earlier? (SSR booked for Sun and Mon)

This weekend: Still hadn't booked our flights, and hey I can fly for $22 one way if we leave on a Saturday. Now I need 3 Disney Resort nights. Booked SSR for Sat night. (SSR booked for Sat-Mon)

Later: Oh...DVC has some other options but only for Sun and Mon night. One is Polynesian, haven't stayed there in years, always visit while on trips, DH really wants to stay there again. Despite the higher points value, I give in and book 2 nights Poly Studio STD room...but we can't get Sat night. (SSR for Sat, Poly Studio Sun & Mon)

Later: Boardwalk is available Sat night...that would be nice....book that and drop SSR. (BDWK Sat; Poly Studio Sun-Mon)

This week: I read here that people have success with one night waitlists. Despite the fact that I have two waitlists already for upcoming Sept and Oct trips, I drop one of them Monday and waitlist ONE Poly Studio STD room for Sat night. (Waitlist Poly Std for Sat, keep BDWK for now; Poly Studio Sun & Mon)

Yesterday: Login to DVC for my regular stalking of the upcoming trips...and see I have POLY booked for all 3 nights. FASTEST. WAITLIST. MATCH. EVER. (POLY Std Studio Sat-Tue)

So now I added another waitlist for our October trip. We are booked at SSR but would prefer an EPCOT area resort as we will be celebrating my daughter's 21st birthday and she wants to do F&W Festival. I'll continue stalking. Currently SSR Studio Thur-Mon night there in October.

I got you beat. We booked SSR for Sept 24 week. At 7 there was no avalibility at Boulder ridge so I waitlisted it at 8am eastern. At 10 pm I got the email welcome home to Boulder Ridge. 16 hrs.

I decided about 2 weeks ago that I was done sharing a studio with my teen son and his friend so I waitlisted a value studio at AKL for 2 nights during the last week of July (so we were already less than 30 days out). It came through in just a few days, my jaw about hit the floor when I saw it on my dashboard.

Also, I am always changing things up. My husband doesn't even ask where we are staying now until we are in the car...

Poly is great for 1 night waitlist. Due to the sheer amount of studios things pop up all of the time I've noticed. Have fun, sounds like a great trip. One OT question what is USF? Universal Sapphire Falls? When did they start CL there? That has to be a new thing.

I got you beat. We booked SSR for Sept 24 week. At 7 there was no avalibility at Boulder ridge so I waitlisted it at 8am eastern. At 10 pm I got the email welcome home to Boulder Ridge. 16 hrs.

OMG that's awesome...you win! We love Boulder Ridge too.

I decided about 2 weeks ago that I was done sharing a studio with my teen son and his friend so I waitlisted a value studio at AKL for 2 nights during the last week of July (so we were already less than 30 days out). It came through in just a few days, my jaw about hit the floor when I saw it on my dashboard.

Also, I am always changing things up. My husband doesn't even ask where we are staying now until we are in the car...

Yeah I'm with you on that not sharing. I still make my adult kids share the room with us because...I'm cheap on the points. That's awesome about the few days!

And my husband is the same...he doesn't even worry about where we are staying since he knows it will change a zillion times, as will the days, times, sometimes flights. He just waits until we are there to find out where he's going!

Poly is great for 1 night waitlist. Due to the sheer amount of studios things pop up all of the time I've noticed. Have fun, sounds like a great trip. One OT question what is USF? Universal Sapphire Falls? When did they start CL there? That has to be a new thing.

Good to know about Poly, usually points wise it isn't my go-to but we are looking forward to it and we might have two of the adult kids join us at some point so the extra bathroom will be a plus if that happens.

Sorry USF was just Universal Studios Florida not Sapphire Falls. Our club level room is Portofino Bay.

OMG that's awesome...you win! We love Boulder Ridge too.

Yeah I'm with you on that not sharing. I still make my adult kids share the room with us because...I'm cheap on the points. That's awesome about the few days!

And my husband is the same...he doesn't even worry about where we are staying since he knows it will change a zillion times, as will the days, times, sometimes flights. He just waits until we are there to find out where he's going!

Good to know about Poly, usually points wise it isn't my go-to but we are looking forward to it and we might have two of the adult kids join us at some point so the extra bathroom will be a plus if that happens.

Sorry USF was just Universal Studios Florida not Sapphire Falls. Our club level room is Portofino Bay.
Makes total sense now. I was so confused, i think most people use UO on here for universal orlando. Portofino is our favorite CL, sounds like a great trip. If you haven't stayed there before it's huge, ask for a room on the same floor as the CL.

Makes total sense now. I was so confused, i think most people use UO on here for universal orlando. Portofino is our favorite CL, sounds like a great trip. If you haven't stayed there before it's huge, ask for a room on the same floor as the CL.

Yep...there are a few ways people on the internet abbreviate those parks. Our first (and last) stay at Portofino was June of 2016, so I'm sure things have changed a bit. Some friends insist we stayed there another time, but I'm not so sure.

Either way, we have stayed most often at RPR and one stay at Hard Rock, plus some of the other non-deluxe Universal resorts. Good to know about asking for the room to be on Club Level...I assumed (like at Disney Resorts) we would automatically be on the same floor as the Club Lounge so I'll make sure we ask when we arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter