Fastest location to pick up AP

hopeful4fl

DisneySpirit
Background - We got AP for the first time last year and went to the Magic Kingdom to get the physical passes. BIG MISTAKE. We were standing in that stupid line for 1+ hour.

We renewed our passes this year, but will have to pick up the renewed passes (wish they could just mail them).

Can someone please help "from their experience", which would be the fastest location to pick them up from? We will be there next week.

TIA...... Sorry to bother everyone with first world problems.....

Any outside-the-park location when it is NOT at a high-volume "entry" time.
There can often be very low guests waiting between about 11:30AM-3:30PM.

But, more than anything, your LUCK of timing plays a major part in this.

Some like the International Gateway location at Epcot, but since there are
so few "windows" there, just a few others waiting can mean taking some extra time.

There is a Guest Relations (called the "Welcome Center") at Disney Springs, but it
can be a very busy location (with a restaurant-style pager-based waiting system,) too.

Last edited:
I'd assume Disney Springs. I know they have a guest relations station there and although I don't have an AP, they've been able to handle any ticket situation I've had with zero problem.

I usually do mine at Disney Springs on a day when I don’t have plans elsewhere. Not because getting the pass itself is time consuming but getting to and from DS can be. I really like the new center they have there and the ability to be in a virtual queue. I have done it at the regular park ticket windows and it’s not really faster at either place because it always depends on how many people are in line and that can vary moment to moment at any location. If you are going to need your pass first thing in the morning, and have the ability to get it the night before, that is an efficient use of your time.

To renew our AP's we will pick a mid week day and stop at the Epcot ticket window. Usually around 10am. After rope drop and before the late morning rush. We have had good luck doing that. I can't recall ever waiting more than 5-10 minutes.

I used the IG at Epcot - very quick - walked right up...anytime I’ve used GR at DS - it’s been a long wait!

LOL "Stupid Line." You know you're at Disney right? How dare people be there with you.

We have to activate at MK on a Saturday. No way around it unfortunately, so I'm just hoping to be done in an hour.

We have to activate at MK on a Saturday. No way around it unfortunately, so I'm just hoping to be done in an hour.

Arrive by 7:00AM-ish.
(You will then likely be earlier than the CMs, but they will open shortly.)
If there are more than one in your party, split up and each of you stand at a separate window
until one of you reaches the front. Then, the other(s) join that person.
You can choose any window: Tickets, Guest Relations, Will-Call.
All can do what you want.

We renewed our AP's at the guest services in the Town Center at Disney Springs. This was a very pleasant experience. They take your name at the door and ask why you are there. Then you wait your turn seated on very nice chairs and sofas. When it is your turn, the CM calls your name and you are directed to one of several service desks where, again, you are seated while you take care of your Disney business. This worked great for us and might be a good option for you to consider :)

Arrive by 7:00AM-ish.
(You will then likely be earlier than the CMs, but they will open shortly.)
If there are more than one in your party, split up and each of you stand at a separate window
until one of you reaches the front. Then, the other(s) join that person.
You can choose any window: Tickets, Guest Relations, Will-Call.
All can do what you want.

We can’t :( Trust me I would love to. We activated at the TTC last time early early and it was great.

We get in at midnight the night before and have After Hours at HS that night.

Disney Springs was a breeze when we bought our APs two weeks ago. They take your name as soon as you walk in and have someone call you up as soon as they’re available. There are multiple stations and it’s fairly large. We were there maybe 15 minutes total.

We picked up at DS. The problem wasn't the line at GS, but DS was a circle the lot to find a parking spot, shoulder to shoulder single file walk thru DS kind of visit, what a mess!

Disney Springs was a 90 minute wait last week when I went and I didn’t want to wait that long, so I activated mine the next day at Magic Kingdom will call gazebo with zero wait.

We usually also use the IG at EPCOT. We used the one at the MK once and timed it just right that there was nobody in line.

Wanted to send an update.

I thought I would need to go to a counter only to get the physical card. I was not aware (my bad) that a renewal of AP did not automatically update that on your MB. As a result, as we VERY happily tried to enter MK, we were told to go to the Guest relations to activate our renewed passes.

This was around 4 pm and there were no lines at all. We lucked out.

That said, I owed it to people who were nice enough to reply and also to ensure others who watch this board know of Disney Springs. I went to DS 2 days later in the morn and the experience there was excellent. Pretty good size waiting area and even though it looked busy people seemed to be getting their turn quickly.

Thank you all. Worked out well in the end, but again...... if you renew, it is not auto updated on your MB and you will have to go to a counter to get it (re)activated. Please plan on that.

We've done ours at AK guest services the last two years. Quick & painless. There was a small line, but it moved fast.

Just curious - could this also be done at the Disney desk located at the Dolphin Resort? My husband will need to activate his AP when we arrive in a few weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter