Fast Passes gone - now what?

FPs result in long, slow moving stand by lines.
I understand both sides BUT your point isn't valid. FP does have a significant impact on guests who want flexibility of no FP. You can make the case for FP, you shouldn't make the false claim on the effect on guests who don't use it.

You don't see a difference between picking a park and picking what attractions you want reserve and at what time?

You want a win win. Limit fp to maybe 25% of ride capacity. Charge enough $$$ for the FP so guests who want them can get them without having to reserve them months in advance.
Not what I said. The poster i quoted mentioned that reserving a park meant less flexibility. My point is that I feel that you were essentially "reserving"/picking a park when you selected FPs.

Frankly, since you could only reserve 3 FastPasses ahead of time, I never saw it as that much of a big deal. Used them for the most popular rides since they typically have the longest lines.
This is pretty much how I saw it. We would also only be allowed to book one large ride, so we'd end up for FPs for rides with short standby lines which felt silly.
I understand missing them, and to a degree, I do miss that I won't be able to use it to get on a popular ride as easily as before, but I'm also a bit optimistic as now there aren't two pools of riders to pull from. Thinking about rides like Mine Train where it would be one train of the normal line, one train of FP folk.
I do agree that I feel like there will be more spontaneity with the only times to worry about now being dining reservations.

I miss FP+, but I miss the original FP more. The biggest advantage was knowing the FP system, when most did not. Being able to get those paper FPs early and often and pocket them for the evening was the best. I want FP+ back b/c it is still an advantage. AND, I need more complexity in planning my WDW vacation. If I don't have FPs and ADRs to tweak for months, I would go crazy.

I don't see how reserving a park is any different than reserving FPs, in that you must pick which park you're doing that day.

When I get FP+, I know I'm going to get on certain attractions, how much time it will take, and then I can decide what to do with the rest of may day, whether I want to try for more FP+ in one park or another, or just stroll around World Showcase. When I have to book a certain park, with no guarantee of a quick time through any queues, I don't know if I'll have time to go to another park at all. Add on to that the need to get a boarding group at HS, and people are tied to HS for a few days in advance, just in case they don't get the pass the first day.

The beauty of not having FP+ is that you can be flexible.

Honestly I think it gives you less flexibility unless you love sitting in really long lines. You are pretty much forced to be at the park 30-45 mins prior to opening and be at the bus stop 1hr or more prior to park opening.

The benefit of FP+ is the ability to just show up, ride something in 5-10 mins and do other things. Heck if you keep checking at different times you can even game same day passes for things like FOP or Frozen if you really want it.

Add on to that the need to get a boarding group at HS, and people are tied to HS for a few days in advance, just in case they don't get the pass the first day.

On our 11 day trip in January I had HS booked 5 days. You know how many times I would go to HS on a normal trip prior to park closing? Maybe 2 times with doing a park hop to HS for park closing to catch shorter lines/FP+ at ROR/TT/SD.

We got lucky and got a boarding group our first day allowing us to cancel additional days and move it to another park.

I appreciate this post because I went and subscribed to the Allears YouTube channel as a result. Molly gets an awful lot done in a day, granted she is one person and she goes all day long. That said, we always rope dropped before, so that won't be new. We want to try to close the park after a break in the afternoon. In my house my dh is anxious for the return of fastpass but I feel indifferent about it. I think we will still get a good deal done and I might actually enjoy checking out somethings a little off the beaten path. I think for now, you prioritize, and call anything extra the icing on top. But yes, let's bring back those people eating shows! Imagine how much more manageable Hollywood Studios would be with just the addition of Indiana Jones--even at a limited capacity.

I'm one that misses fastpasses. We aren't rope drop, all day people. I liked knowing we had the must do rides booked. We went the week before Easter. Many rides were not less then posted. Navi was listed as 30 minutes, we waited 45. TT was listed at 50 around 9pm, that was pretty accurate. We waited over an hour for KS. Wait time was listed an hour. Poo was a 45 minute wait and even the carousel had a line. We wouldn't criss cross parks prior. We would leave time between fastpasses as needed. We had to completely change our touring style. I wish we could go back.

This is pretty much how I saw it. We would also only be allowed to book one large ride, so we'd end up for FPs for rides with short standby lines which felt silly.

I mostly disagree. MK had no tiers so you could get any FP you wanted. In AK, you had KS, EE, and KRR, all of which got long lines, in tier 2. At DHS, tier 2 included ToT and RnRC. The only park where tier 2 choices were subpar was Epcot, and once RRA and GotG open, I think that problem could easily be solved by putting SOTW and FEA in tier 2.

Imagine how much more manageable Hollywood Studios would be with just the addition of Indiana Jones--even at a limited capacity.

And especially since it's an outdoor show. It should be easy to do safely. I mean, isn't the Frozen Sing Along, an *indoor* show, open?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter