Fast passes, EMH, and good neighbor hotels

BlueSuitDonald

Mouseketeer
Considering staying at a good neighbor hotel but have a few questions. I know that you don’t get EMH when staying at one of these. Do the people that get EMH get to start booking fast passes during that time or when the park actually opens. And if they do, does that affect FASTPASS availability if I’m staying at a god neighbor hotel and don’t get to enter the park until an hour after Disney resort guests do? Thanks for any info

Considering staying at a good neighbor hotel but have a few questions. I know that you don’t get EMH when staying at one of these. Do the people that get EMH get to start booking fast passes during that time or when the park actually opens. And if they do, does that affect FASTPASS availability if I’m staying at a god neighbor hotel and don’t get to enter the park until an hour after Disney resort guests do? Thanks for any info
Guests with EMH/EE/MM can start using MP as soon as they activate their tickets at the gate, but the return times won't be good until after park opening. If you stay off site and have a 3 day + ticket (purchased in advance, not at the booths, not military discount), you should receive one MM at DL which would let you start using MP one hour early. Read through the MP Superthread and ask all MP questions there -- you'll get expert help! Maxpass/Fastpass Superthread: an overview and some strategy

i Have stayed at Disneyland hotel and wonder if I will enjoy staying at a good neighbor hotel? Will I really be that affected by not having EMH?
The answer to those questions is totally subjective. Some people just can't stay off site -- it really matters that much to them. Others don't hesitate one minute to stay off site and save a ton of money -- good MP skillz make up for not having EMH/EE. Read through this helpful thread for good information and answers: "Choosing the Right DLR Area Hotel for You" www.disboards.com/threads/choosing-the-right-hotel-for-you.3656512/.

Last edited:

i Have stayed at Disneyland hotel and wonder if I will enjoy staying at a good neighbor hotel? Will I really be that affected by not having EMH?
For me it depends on the time of year...
When park opens later (9am) then I feel the (8am) EMH is helpful for a visit.

Also depends on the cost of a room at one of the Disney hotels and how many people will be joining me.

If it's just me then I have a little trouble spend the money for a Disney hotel.
Being solo I can get so much done that I don't feel I have to have the extra hour.

We have no trouble stay off site. I can often get a room on Harbor for around $100/night by booking WAY in advance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter