• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fast Pass

chloelovesdisney

DIS Veteran
I've been gone from the boards for a while (too depressing to read when no travel plans in the works). Thinking about an August trip, any updates with fast pass may be returning?

You can always book a package now if you want to be able to make park/dining reservations, and then cancel it before 30 days if you decide you don't want to go. That way you don't find yourself wanting to go but unable to reserve anything.

I ordinarily would have said there's no way fastpass would return as early as this this summer, but with the new distancing rules and increased park capacity that may be possible, especially once the college program resumes in June. So now I'd say "you never know."

IMO it’s ridiculous that Disney had not announced a return to the FP system now that they have increased capacity and lessened social distance measures. Even at 35 percent capacity lines were getting rather unbearable. There is no reason not to reinstate FP at this point with the summer on the horizon unless , of course, the mouse has more devious plans…..which he probably does. Get ready for the upcharge for fast passes fans. You know it’s coming. Chapek is all about shareholder returns, he’s made that abundantly clear.

with nobody having access to fastpasses, the need for them is non existent. if everyone had them, sure you would need them just to put you on the same playing field but since nobody else can get them either it has been awesome. no FP+ and distancing in queues have been my two favorite covid protocol changes.

I have mixed feelings about fp. It was great before they started tiers and allowed fps for any attraction, but once it was changed a few years ago, all of a sudden we had long waits for rides like POC and IASW . We're booked mid June and I'm kind of dreading the crowds and waits. If they brought the original fp program back it would be awesome but I don't see that happening.

It will be interesting if they don’t have fastpass back by the time we visit in late July.

We know very well what our experiences have been with fastpass so if things are significantly worse without fastpass it may be our last visit to Walt Disney World sadly.

Dan

I said the same thing, no fast pass, I'm not going to go.....but, we have been pleasantly surprised. We used to do our 3 fast passes, try for a 4th then leave the park. Now, we have consistently been riding 5-6 rides ( 1-2 headliner, 4 non) within the first hour of opening. If you are all day park goers, yes after the first hour it gets BUSY, long waits. It is a change, but doable in my opinion. I hope you enjoy your trip!

With FP you could ride a few attractions at rope drop and be guaranteed low waits for three more FP rides a little later on then do the shows and meet and greets in the afternoon and more rides as the parks clear out at night. Now once it hits 10am at HS or 11am at Epcot, most rides are 40 minutes or more all day and will be worse as capacity increases. It will be a brutal summer without fast pass and very few shows to go to with a minimal wait.

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings about fp. It was great before they started tiers and allowed fps for any attraction, but once it was changed a few years ago, all of a sudden we had long waits for rides like POC and IASW . We're booked mid June and I'm kind of dreading the crowds and waits. If they brought the original fp program back it would be awesome but I don't see that happening.
There were never any tiers at MK, so those 2 rides wouldn't have been affected by that.

Now once it hits 10am at HS or 11am at Epcot, most rides are 40 minutes or more all day and will be worse as capacity increases. It will be a brutal summer without fast pass and very few shows to go to with a minimal wait.

Give me a 40 minute wait all day long vs 90 or 120 min stand by. I dont like getting 3 rides a day then 90 mins for everything else.

with no FP+ it is at least "fair" for everyone. FP+ stand by lines are a joke.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter