• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fast Pass

RachelKS

Earning My Ears
We have been to WDW before but never to DL. At WDW our Fast Pass choices were person specific attached to our Magic Bands. How does it work at DL? If my husband doesn't use his Fast Passes can I use them? The reason I ask is that he is a wheelchair user and is unable to transfer so pretty much none of the Fast Pass rides/attractions are accessible to him. At WDW someone told us just to swap Magic Bands which we didn't do but I wondered if it was ok or not. It seems like either way we paid for two tickets which comes with the perk of Fast Passes that it shouldn't matter which one of us uses them. Thoughts?

We have been to WDW before but never to DL. At WDW our Fast Pass choices were person specific attached to our Magic Bands. How does it work at DL? If my husband doesn't use his Fast Passes can I use them? The reason I ask is that he is a wheelchair user and is unable to transfer so pretty much none of the Fast Pass rides/attractions are accessible to him. At WDW someone told us just to swap Magic Bands which we didn't do but I wondered if it was ok or not. It seems like either way we paid for two tickets which comes with the perk of Fast Passes that it shouldn't matter which one of us uses them. Thoughts?
It’s attached to the ticket. You can hand off the tickets like you can the magic band at wdw.

Things have changed in the last year at Disneyland since the introduction of Maxpass.

There are now 2 ways to get Fastpass
1. The regular FREE way, insert your park ticket into the Fastpass machine and you receive a Fastpass paper ticket. Before Maxpass, this Fastpass paper ticket was collected by the CM and you did not need to produce your park ticket. Now that Maxpass is in uses, the Fastpass paper ticket is basically redundant, and is just a reminder. The Fastpass is actually loaded electronically onto your paper park ticket. At the Fastpass line the CM now scans your park ticket instead of collecting the paper Fastpass ticket.

2. PAY for Maxpass. This is an electronic Fastpass system which connects to your park ticket via your phone and an APP. Once you are in the park, you connect your park ticket to the App and then you can buy Maxpass. Maxpass allows you to get Fastpass tickets via your hone from any location in the park.

As both Fastpass systems are connected to the paper park tickets, technically yes you can exchange park tickets with your husband to use the Fastpass ticket he is entitled to. However, multi day tickets have your photo connected to them. This means that when a CM scans the ticket your photo shows up on their screen. I do not how CM's would deal with you using your husbands ticket for Fastpass and when they scan the ticket his photo shows up, not your photo.

...However, multi day tickets have your photo connected to them. This means that when a CM scans the ticket your photo shows up on their screen. I do not how CM's would deal with you using your husbands ticket for Fastpass and when they scan the ticket his photo shows up, not your photo.

I don't know how switching FP would work with a paper ticket, but with MP, this hasn't been a problem. Other posters have reported that family members have been able to use other family FPs for rides (e.g. kid uses Mom's FP, Mom uses Dad's FP, etc.) by scanning tickets or phones at the MP scanners. As long as the scanner turned green, the CMs didn't have a problem. I don't remember reading anything so far that stated a problem with someone using another group member's MP FP at a ride. If this has happened to someone reading this thread, please jump in to clarify.

@theluckyrabbit thanks, I just wasnt sure so I thought I would mention it. It just came to my mind as last year when I was park hopping I asked the CM at the gate if they needed to check my hand stamp and they said no its ok, your photo came up on the screen :)

@theluckyrabbit thanks, I just wasnt sure so I thought I would mention it. It just came to my mind as last year when I was park hopping I asked the CM at the gate if they needed to check my hand stamp and they said no its ok, your photo came up on the screen :)

It doesn't seem to have been an issue since MP started. But if this has been a problem for someone, I hope they post here. It would help the OP and others to know about potential problems before their trips.

So, idiot question...do you have to use the APP to do the MP?

Not a silly question at all -- yes, you need a smartphone and the DLR app to use MP. And check to see which version of the app your smartphone can support. I think some DISers have reported problems trying to run the current app on older phones.

Things have changed in the last year at Disneyland since the introduction of Maxpass.

There are now 2 ways to get Fastpass
1. The regular FREE way, insert your park ticket into the Fastpass machine and you receive a Fastpass paper ticket. Before Maxpass, this Fastpass paper ticket was collected by the CM and you did not need to produce your park ticket. Now that Maxpass is in uses, the Fastpass paper ticket is basically redundant, and is just a reminder. The Fastpass is actually loaded electronically onto your paper park ticket. At the Fastpass line the CM now scans your park ticket instead of collecting the paper Fastpass ticket.

2. PAY for Maxpass. This is an electronic Fastpass system which connects to your park ticket via your phone and an APP. Once you are in the park, you connect your park ticket to the App and then you can buy Maxpass. Maxpass allows you to get Fastpass tickets via your hone from any location in the park.

As both Fastpass systems are connected to the paper park tickets, technically yes you can exchange park tickets with your husband to use the Fastpass ticket he is entitled to. However, multi day tickets have your photo connected to them. This means that when a CM scans the ticket your photo shows up on their screen. I do not how CM's would deal with you using your husbands ticket for Fastpass and when they scan the ticket his photo shows up, not your photo.
No photos show up when you scan in at the FP point. It only shows if you have a valid fp.

All ticket types (one day and multi day) get their picture taken now. There are no more hand stamps as of this past summer.

@dina444444
cool thanks, my last visit was at the end of June 2017 just before Maxpass was introduced, I know things have changed since then :)

Thanks everyone! I don't want to do anything that would be considered dishonest but we also want to take advantage of what we have paid for too. I'm planning on taking advantage of single rider lines when ever they are offered. I am trying to find a balance between being prepared and finding ways to maximize our time and being go with the flow. :) Go with the flow is generally not my thing, planning for everything and then accepting when things don't go quite right is what I'm really striving for. :) Less than 60 days until we hit the ground in California!

Thanks everyone! I don't want to do anything that would be considered dishonest but we also want to take advantage of what we have paid for too. I'm planning on taking advantage of single rider lines when ever they are offered. I am trying to find a balance between being prepared and finding ways to maximize our time and being go with the flow. :) Go with the flow is generally not my thing, planning for everything and then accepting when things don't go quite right is what I'm really striving for. :) Less than 60 days until we hit the ground in California!
For space mountain their single rider line is through the exit. There are no signs until you get to the exit just an FYI.

Thanks for the tip! I'm going to make a list of rides for each day, plan my route and FP/Single rider options and then read up on each attraction so I don't waste time looking for stuff. I have printed copies of the park maps to map out my days! I want to ride all the rides on my list as efficiently as possible so for all the other fun things that my husband and I can both do we can take our time.

Not a silly question at all -- yes, you need a smartphone and the DLR app to use MP. And check to see which version of the app your smartphone can support. I think some DISers have reported problems trying to run the current app on older phones.
Thank you. I'm not sure I know what you mean re: checking which version of the app I can use. If it's a matter of phone age, I shouldn't have a problem.

Thank you. I'm not sure I know what you mean re: checking which version of the app I can use. If it's a matter of phone age, I shouldn't have a problem.
I think it’s an issue if your phone can’t support the newer versions of the operating system since the app may not be supported on the older operating system.

I think it’s an issue if your phone can’t support the newer versions of the operating system since the app may not be supported on the older operating system.
This. My smartphone will not download the app, so no MaxPass for me. Which is fine! :)

Yep. I have the app on my phone, but at some point after I downloaded it, the app got an upgrade that now requires an operating system of at least 5.0, whereas my phone has 4.4. The app still works for things like checking ride wait times, FP return times and restaurant menus, but I can no longer log into my profile, so I wasn't able to buy MaxPass for my trip last December. I tried bring my tablet (which also has the app and which I can access my profile from), but I was never able to connect to any of the wifi hotspots, although I was able to go to the place in DCA where they sell the one-week PhotoPass for $78 and was at least able to do that.

I downloaded the app earlier and it has let me log in to my account. When I get to DL in about 3 weeks, we'll see how it behaves in the park...

Hi there, I haven't been to DL in a long time. I plan on taking a quick trip to CA while I'm here for work this week. Would it be beneficial to purchase MaxPass if I can't arrive until after lunch? TIA for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter