• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fast pass wishes or holiday wishes??

toni nicole

Mouseketeer
When making our FP options, Holiday Wishes was sold out but Wishes was still distributing. If we got a wishes FP would that be to see the Holiday one? I was under the impression the Holiday one was the only one on January 3rd. Or would Wishes be something that is considered to be closed and we could use it on another attraction?

When making our FP options, Holiday Wishes was sold out but Wishes was still distributing. If we got a wishes FP would that be to see the Holiday one? I was under the impression the Holiday one was the only one on January 3rd. Or would Wishes be something that is considered to be closed and we could use it on another attraction?
I'm a little confused by your question. There is only one Wishes each night. There might be a version for the holiday season that would be a little different then the version they show the rest of the year. But no matter what version they show, there is only one fastpass for Wishes each night. If you got a fastpass then you can only use it for the Wishes fastpass area regardless of which version might be shown that night. You can't use it on another attraction.

They don't issue fastpasses during Christmas Parties (and Halloween parties), so there won't be any fastpasses for those special Wishes shows.

I'm a little confused by your question. There is only one Wishes each night. There might be a version for the holiday season that would be a little different then the version they show the rest of the year. But no matter what version they show, there is only one fastpass for Wishes each night. If you got a fastpass then you can only use it for the Wishes fastpass area regardless of which version might be shown that night. You can't use it on another attraction.

They don't issue fastpasses during Christmas Parties (and Halloween parties), so there won't be any fastpasses for those special Wishes shows.
When I went to make my FP there was an option for holiday wishes and just wishes, I thought this was odd which I was I'm confused

When I went to make my FP there was an option for holiday wishes and just wishes, I thought this was odd which I was I'm confused

The Disney website is being crazy this morning. I would just book the regular Wishes, just in case.

We had booked fastpasses for the 3pm parade. Disney had a glitch and cancelled everyone's fp's for that day - so I rebooked the fp for a different ride. Then they sent an email giving me back the fp for the parade. They seem to have a lot of glitches.

If holiday wishes is just at the Christmas party then anyone can sit in the fast pass area. At mnsshp we sat in the fp area and it was great. Everyone didn't know you were allowed in though so it was quiet.

When making our FP options, Holiday Wishes was sold out but Wishes was still distributing. If we got a wishes FP would that be to see the Holiday one? I was under the impression the Holiday one was the only one on January 3rd.

AFAIK, "Holiday Wishes" stops running on Dec. 30.

Regular "Wishes" would be running in January.

ETA:
Looks like Holiday Wishes plays for the last time at 6:30pm on Dec. 31.

Last edited:
AFAIK, "Holiday Wishes" stops running on Dec. 30.

Regular "Wishes" would be running in January.

Do you know how long the lights are on the castle this year? When do they take the decorations down?

Do you know how long the lights are on the castle this year? When do they take the decorations down?

Figure the Castle Ice/Dream/Frozen lights to continue until about Jan. 10, give or take.
The MK decorations might stay up about that long.

Elsewhere, the decorations may start to drop about Jan. 4.

I am a little confused like some above. I was under the impression that Holiday Wishes was for Mickey's Christmas Party only. I tried to book a fast pass for the advertised Wishes for Dec. 20th, with no success (booked up each time). Tonight however, I was able to book Holiday Wishes for December 23rd. Will all nights be Holiday wishes or only some?

I am a little confused like some above.

1. I was under the impression that Holiday Wishes was for Mickey's Christmas Party only.
I tried to book a fast pass for the advertised Wishes for Dec. 20th, with no success (booked up each time). Tonight however, I was able to book Holiday Wishes for December 23rd.

2. Will all nights be Holiday wishes or only some?

1. Only through the last MVMCP night (Dec. 18, 2015.)
(Until then, on nights without a MVMCP at MK, it will be regular Wishes.)

2. Beginning Dec. 19, 2015 (the night following the last MVMCP,) all MK fireworks, every night, will be Holiday Wishes until NYE.

No regular Wishes during the holidays... until regular Wishes returns to perform nightly starting Jan. 1.

Last edited:
1. Only through the last MVMCP night (Dec. 18, 2015.)
(Until then, on nights without a MVMCP at MK, it will be regular Wishes.)

2. Beginning Dec. 19, 2015 (the night following the last MVMCP,) all MK fireworks, every night, will be Holiday Wishes until NYE.

No regular Wishes during the holidays... until regular Wishes returns to perform nightly starting Jan. 1.

What about NYE? I was able to get a FP+ reservation for the early Holiday Wishes fireworks but not the late show. Is Holiday Wishes fireworks the same fireworks show at midnight? Do they offer FP+ for the midnight show on NYE?

What about NYE? I was able to get a FP+ reservation for the early Holiday Wishes fireworks but not the late show. Is Holiday Wishes fireworks the same fireworks show at midnight? Do they offer FP+ for the midnight show on NYE?

The final Holiday Wishes of the season will be performed at 6:30pm on Dec. 31.
The fireworks performed at 11:48pm on Dec. 30 and 31 will be special NYE shows.

I don't know if they offer FP+ for the 11:48pm shows on Dec. 30 and 31.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter