Fast Pass + this morning was basically ticketmaster

0FF TO NEVERLAND

DIS Veteran
So I had my selections for fast pass this morning.

I literally felt like a concert or sporting event went on sale, with the way it was crashing and always loading. It was basically like ticketmaster when tickets open up. It was extremely frustrating for the first 10 mins.

For a period of 10 -15 mins, it was basically impossible to get anything. When you could actually see the times, you couldn't get them confirmed. ( imagine my frustration when I am staring at the times for FOP and I couldn't just CONFIRM!! ) There were many times were it would give me the time I wanted, and then when I confirmed, it would destroy the page. I had to keep clicking back, start over, etc etc. I never let it stay and keep spinning. That was a waste of time.

Now for the phone app, I will never use it again for trying. It didn't load anything. I stuck with strictly computer.

After about 20 mins, you can use the app on the phone and the website to pretty much get your stuff. Once I actually got my FOP, 7 dwarfs, and Toy story mania, I calmed down, as I knew the rest of the stuff would most likely be available and it was. ( I did not get slinky dog, simply because I don't know how slow it is, and me not being a kid, it didn't highly appeal to me ) EDIT: Picked up slinky dog for another day, might as well try it lol

I ended up getting my FOP for around 2pm on 60+3. I didn't check the days before, but they were also available for 60+4+5+6. Pretty decent times

I want to try and get an earlier time though for it. Time will tell.

So in the end, I got everything I wanted. I just need to tweak some times around as we get closer. Last time was a much more smooth experience when I went a few years ago, but this is my first summer time.

I booked for 2 people.

Hope everyone else had the same luck of getting what they wanted.

Last edited:
I will not repeat the words I said this morning in a public forum, but was not speaking highly of Disney to say the least. I scheduled my whole morning around these bookings.
Luckily for me, I was able to get things smoothly moving by 7:50 EST. It still took 40 minutes to book 4 days worth of faatpasses, though.
The problem is, Disney really doesn't care. Once we have committed to getting up early and booking rides, the odds of any of us cancelling the whole trip gets really small.

I hope things worked out for you in the end as well.

Since the app started, it has been hit or miss as to how well the phone and computer version work. We have had trips where I had no problems getting FPs done and other trips that started like yours.
For whatever reason, once we are in the parks, it seems like I have had fewer problems with it when trying to modify or get more FPs.
Hope the rest of the trip is smoother.

So on my 60 day window in a few weeks should I use the app instead of the website?

I had issues with the dining reservations on the site when my window opened up and I agree it was very frustrating.

So on my 60 day window in a few weeks should I use the app instead of the website?

I had issues with the dining reservations on the site when my window opened up and I agree it was very frustrating.

I personally would use the site. My app wouldn't do anything this morning, until maybe 20 mins after window opening

I booked our FPs yesterday. I could not get the site to work on my ipad but got the app to work on my phone much smoother. I was too lazy to go retrieve my computer from our living room so I have no idea if that would have worked better. However, at different points in the day, when I would check my app, fastpasses would be missing on there but would be on my computer. May the odds be ever in your favor :rotfl:

I had both up and available so that I'd one was a problem, I could switch to the other and see if it was working better. I ended up using the app this year but in years past have used the computer. I agree with the PP who said they're both kind of hit or miss.

iPhone MDE app has worked like a charm for me the past six mornings at 6AM CST. I was on my iPhone and iMac simultaneously each date. I was quickly booking FPs on my iPhone while the browser on my iMac hourglassed!

iPhone MDE app has worked like a charm for me the past six mornings at 6AM CST. I was on my iPhone and iMac simultaneously each date. I was quickly booking FPs on my iPhone while the browser on my iMac hourglassed!

Was this for 30 day out bookings, or for 60+ day? I ran into issues once the system realized I could book over 60 days out.

The MDE app has been terribly slow in getting FPs the past several days - but it seems like it's only on my end. My wife's phone had no problem. It's infuriating.

The 30 day to TSL was likely made things worse. But everything I've read was confirmed in our 60 window experience a bit more than a week ago.

So for those reading this in anticipation of their "magic day":
The computer site seems best assuming you have a fast and reliable connection. I would say the app on a phone or tablet SHOULD work fine, but best not to chance it.

But think of what is happening at exactly 7AM Eastern. Hundreds (thousands?) of connections are hitting the server suddenly at virtually the exact same time. It probably takes some time for the queue to spread out somewhat.

So you'll get screen freezes, need to reload etc. The only saving grace is what everyone seems to experience - after a while, it works as expected. So it's "luck" at first.

We had an unexpected glitch due to two out 7 people have a one day pass for one particular day vs a hopper (detailed on another thread). The system didn't' know how to assign it (how could it, we realized) and so I had to call. I figured we'd be "skunked" for that day on the top attractions when they said the hold time would be about 15 minutes.

But I got a CM in less than 10 minutes - he had to escalate and it got resolved. Sure, we missed out on some opportunities, but in reality we didn't expect to get more than half of our preferred FPs / time slots. And we did better than that.

A lot of people has mixed feelings on the whole advance booking thing, but I will say it's nice to know ahead of time we have at least some of the main attractions booked already.

I also had problems getting FP+ @ our 60 day mark. Olaf kept popping up with an “oops” & I had to log on again and of course FP+ we’re booking up so quickly, especially FOP. But I also had A LOT of problems with the APP @ the parks. What made it so much more frustrating is that every person I’d ask for help @ Disney whether in parks or hotel all had different answers. Once our 3 FP were done, we couldn’t get more. The one time we did, it only allowed for 1 person instead of 3. When tried to fix/change it, it wouldn’t allow. Every time we tried for more FP, it would say we still had 3 FP (the ones we choose @ 60 day mark). But we did use them & it was way past last FP time. I was told by front desk at WL that you couldn’t park hop. That all your FP had to be in same park all day. Then why buy a park hopper, which we did. Her response was just because you got park hopper doesn’t mean you can. Really?! We’re DVC Members & was clearly told we can park hop. When I got home, I called DVC member services again. The guy I talked to said he worked for the MDE App department before changing to another department. Told him all the problems we had, not being able to get FP, & what the lady said about park hopping. Honestly, just like others posters mentioned, I think it falls on deaf ears.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter