Fast Pass -- Soarin' or Test Track, but not both?

TinyTGO

Mouseketeer
I'm not understanding why I can not select both Soarin' and Test Track for my Fast Passes. When I check the available times they both have availability, but when I book one of them the other disappears.

If I have to choose between one of them, which is a better choice?

It is because at Epcot they have the tier rides and Soarin' and Test Track or both a tier 1. You may only choose 1 tier 1 ride and then 2 tier 2 rides.

Strategically speaking, which should I Fast Pass and which should I wait in line for? Obviously, no one has a crystal ball for any given day, but any insight is helpful.

My 2-cents ... it depends.

I like sitting with my group on Soarin .... so I'd fast pass Soarin and use the single rider line for Test Track.

Alternatively, if you have young-Uns who enjoy making the vehicle and want the group Test Track picture, fastpass test track and just Standby Soarin

Opionion vary, I enjoy both rides.

Brian

As previously mentioned Epcot (and Hollywood Studios) have a tiering system.
You can choose one tier 1 and two tier 2 attractions.
After you've used all 3 you can check for another tier 1 attraction or a tier 2 attraction.

It's hard to decide which to choose anymore because Soarin' added another theater.
This makes the line significantly shorter much of the day in my experience.
If I were going at RD I'd probably go to TT first and get a FP+ for Soarin.
If not going for RD I'd get a FP+ for TT and wait in line for Soarin'.

We had planned on two Epcot days, so we did the FP for Soarin on one day and the FP for Test Track on the other day. If you have multiple days at Epcot scheduled, it worked for us to break them out that way.

I picked Test Track for our FP and then managed to pick up a Soarin FP later in the day. We also watched the line times and got in the standby line when it got below 20 minutes, around dinner time. The Test Track lines seemed to stay high all day.

It's better if you pick Soarin. On test track you can get in the single riders line and get on faster than the normal standby time.

Do the FP+ for Soarin!!

If you want to ride Test Track, I would recommend RD, during the fireworks, or single rider.

We always FP Soarin and head straight to Test Track at rope drop and do the single rider line. Works like a charm!

We fast passed Test Track and will head to Soarin first thing. We want to ride TT together. Hoping for an additional ride Soarin later that evening. Might even get in the stand by line right before closing for FEA, if that will be possible.

We fast passed Test Track and will head to Soarin first thing. We want to ride TT together. Hoping for an additional ride Soarin later that evening. Might even get in the stand by line right before closing for FEA, if that will be possible.

Yep, we're doing this too because we can't do single rider for TT (we have a young child, so we want to ride TT together). But if I could do single rider for TT, I would FP Soarin'.

Yep, we're doing this too because we can't do single rider for TT (we have a young child, so we want to ride TT together). But if I could do single rider for TT, I would FP Soarin'.
I'm thinking if we get there around rope drop that Soarin won't have that great of a wait time. I am wanting to start tracking wait times next week, but not sure how I'm going to do that with me sleeping during the day. (3rd shifter here) Maybe Josh will have some good reports next month of wait times.

We always head straight for TT at rope drop and ride it then. TT is notorious for going down, and if there is even a hint of rain, it is also closed down. Better to get it out of the way immediately and save the FP for Soarin.

I would FP TT the region why is that this ride is down a lot if it is down first thing you may be standing there waiting for a long time. ( I have seen it not open until 11:30) and if you have a FP for a ride that is down during your windo it will turn into any any time FP ( FEA this happens a lot) with soaring having 3 rooms now the likely hood of all 3 going down at the same times is unlikely so I would do walk on with this ride and have TT FP staring around 10:30 this way if TT is down you have a ll day to ride it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter