• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fast Pass Plus and Magic Bands???

Scotybo

Earning My Ears
Hey All,
So I talked to Disney today regarding this question and I just want to verify some information before our trip so I dont have to waste any time chasing answers down because of different information. I know that the system is new and that there are going to be some hicups in the system here and there. So no worries just want to be on the same page.

My reservation is split into two. Was able to get a discount for one night and then a discount directly through WDW for the last 3 nights of my stay. I am staying at the same resort so no worries. They have me set up to receive 4 magic bands. I only need two, but since it is two seperate reservations I get it.

My big question is the fast pass system. I am aware that I can set up 3 fast passes a day for only one park in advance. The big question is can I use the magic band to access the regular fast pass system as well during my stay? I would hate to be limited to only 3 fast passes for one park per day just because of the band.

Do I need to request a key to the world in order to access the regular fast pass machine? Do i need to bring my key to the world from my last trip in April?

Also if you add your park passes over the phone before you arrive are you charged tax? Can't remember.

I just dont want to get there and have this cause a problem where I loose time thats all. It does look like I am going to have to use two bands because of the 2 reservations. Any information would be great.

Thanks

Hey All,
So I talked to Disney today regarding this question and I just want to verify some information before our trip so I dont have to waste any time chasing answers down because of different information. I know that the system is new and that there are going to be some hicups in the system here and there. So no worries just want to be on the same page.

My reservation is split into two. Was able to get a discount for one night and then a discount directly through WDW for the last 3 nights of my stay. I am staying at the same resort so no worries. They have me set up to receive 4 magic bands. I only need two, but since it is two seperate reservations I get it.

My big question is the fast pass system.

1- I am aware that I can set up 3 fast passes a day for only one park in advance. The big question is

2- can I use the magic band to access the regular fast pass system as well during my stay?

3- I would hate to be limited to only 3 fast passes for one park per day just because of the band.

4- Do I need to request a key to the world in order to access the regular fast pass machine?

5- Do i need to bring my key to the world from my last trip in April?

6- Also if you add your park passes over the phone before you arrive are you charged tax? Can't remember.

I just dont want to get there and have this cause a problem where I loose time thats all. It does look like I am going to have to use two bands because of the 2 reservations. Any information would be great.

Thanks

1- Yup.

2- Not the actual MB.

4- You will ALSO automatically (at least at this time) be issued a KTTW card (flat plastic RFID ticket) and THAT
is what you can use (at this time) to access regular FP machines.
(It does not have to be scanned-in at the park gate to access the FP machines...
at least at this time, during testing.)

3- Well... that's liable to be on the horizon. One reason so many WDW veterans are
not onboard with this new FP+ "improvement."

5- Nope.

6- You are always charged tax no matter when, where, or from whom you buy your WDW tickets.
It has to do with Florida tax law and/or agreements with the state and amusement operators.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter