• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fast Pass Panic - 61 Days To Go

maclondon

Mouseketeer
Arrgghh
the inhumanity of making these decisions especially having never been before

I have to book them at 4am in the morning!!

well its only the first 5 days i have to worry about the last 9 we are off site
and i'll book what i can get at 30 days. (is that every day you have to do that?)

SO my one issue is do i book late morning / lunchtime fast pass+ in the park we rope drop
or book evening ones.

The first few days our kids will be too tired for night time parks ?
So I'm booking late ones for the third day - we have mama melrose at 5:40 and fantasmic at 9 - so its a no brainer to do FP between those.

day one and 2 i can see the kids being too tired after dinner (ie around 8pm) to cope
we have dinner reservations for around 5-6 every day.

currently thinking....

Sunday:
Magic kingdom Rope Drop - walk on splash/peterpan/big thunder/small world etc.
Lunch BOG 12:10
FP+ 7DMT, IndyCar, Space mountain
Back to hotel around 2pm.
Dinner 5PM: Chef Mickey - BED!

Monday(memorial day!!!!)
Rope Drop Epcot(most recommended park)
straight to test track
fp+ soarin',mission space, spaceship earth
leave around 2pm
Dinner 6:15 Hoop De Doo

Tuesday
rope drop Animal Kingdom - no FPs - leave around 1pm
Hotel
Hollywood Studios around 4pm
5:40:Mama Melrose
FP+ Star Tours, Toy Story Mania, Little Mermiad
9:00 Fantasmic

Wednesday
keeping the AM free this day - not sure yet - maybe water park

Epcot in time for:
5PM Arkerhaus
After dinner fp+ test track and erm...
this day feels like i should FP+ something else in the morning?

Thursday - checkout day
Magic Kingdom rope drop
FP 12-2pm Peter Pan, Splash Mountain - 7DMT or big thunder

5PM oHana (may change this as it will be OOP)

We will certainly have one more day at Hollywood studios as I've got a Hollywood and vine reservation there the following week
and the last day i have crystal palace 8AM breakfast - so will fast pass what i can around those on 30 days.

That means no FP+at animal kingdom!
Is one day rope drop at animal kingdom enough?
i guess that can be played by ear - esp as we're often as happy at other attractions or just going animal watching at lodge??

Wish I could offer some advise, but we'll be in the same position in July, feel like a novice again . It looks a good plan to me, we intend to do rope drops and FP+ about mid-day ish. I'm hoping we'll get most benefit from FP when we have our 'lazy' days and go into parks for evening.
Good luck getting what you want.

Wish I could offer some advise, but we'll be in the same position in July, feel like a novice again . It looks a good plan to me, we intend to do rope drops and FP+ about mid-day ish. I'm hoping we'll get most benefit from FP when we have our 'lazy' days and go into parks for evening.
Good luck getting what you want.

No problems getting things and adapting the times to suit - took 20 minutes - but we only have 5 nights on site - next month I'll be scrapping the barrel for FP+ on our offsite days - but i got all the big tickets covered.

Only thing i changed was i left tuesday am free and moved Animal kingdom to Wed's AM using fastpasses late morning/lunchtime
then will just do world showcase in epcot in the PM so no need for FP+ then

split epcot to two days one FP+ focused on the rides (future world?) one evening doing world showcase / illuminations.

have two MK days
one HS
one AK

plus at least one more MK and HS day when we are offsite.

Pleased you got it sorted so quickly, and got what you wanted etc, that gives me hope.

I'll be booking for 10 days; but because our date is 5th July & MK is open until 1am on the 4th I won't have to do until 6am

We're doing two Epcot days too, splitting the park in two, East & West so we can split FPs. similar plan for MK too.

Looks good to me too, but a quick question... Is it necessary to get up at 4am? Under the new system, do Fp+ run out at the 60 day time frame? This worries me....

Looks good to me too, but a quick question... Is it necessary to get up at 4am? Under the new system, do Fp+ run out at the 60 day time frame? This worries me....

We got up at 4am to book ours for May - but I think we would have been fine to wait until we woke up naturally at around 7 a.m.! We had no trouble booking what we wanted and have been able to go back and swap times / rides etc. Maybe it becomes more difficult at peak times? eg Summer hols. #1 priority for us having 5 young girls in our family group was an Anna and Elsa FP! booked that with no probs (phew!).

I will be interested to see how many FP+ we actually use, as previously we never used that many really as we're always up and out for EMH or rope drop.

no I don't think it is essential to get up at 4am (or 5am if its next week)
But I didn't mind anyway. 7DMT was the only potentially hard to get thing i wanted - and turns out thats not so hard to get now.

i was booking for 6 people - only things that seem to be unavaible now is things like wishes and A&E.

i would of liked wishes on one of the off site days but looks like they will be impossible to get at 30 days

You shouldn't need to worry about getting up at 4am/5am.

I got up at 6am (as I had work) when I had to book mine for May, booked about the first 4 or 5 days and then went to work. I booked the remaining 9 or so days at lunchtime and got everything I wanted, pretty much at the exact times I wanted too. We are a party of 8.

I even got several for the Anna and Elsa meet and greet for my daughter with no trouble :)

We booked ours at midday. Not rushing as we've been so many times and there is nothing new we need to do. We didn't miss out on anything.

Pam

I stayed at Pop for two nights and I could actually book all of my fast passes at 60 days even though I was checked out, I am not sure if that still happens but maybe something to factor into planning in case it all opens up for you.

Don't plan on 'walking on' Perer Pan unless you go there really early. The queues for that are really long.

I wouldn't worry about getting up at 4am! I booked all ours for Christmas including Christmas Day and New Years Eve well after the 60 day mark. I managed to get everything that we wanted although I didn't booked the Ana and Elsa meet and greet. I've never had a problem getting fast passes.

yep hindsight tells me I didnt need to get up so early - its normally 5am - but my 60 days was in the nomansland of US daylight saving changing a couple of weeks before UK changing - seem to be able to swap everything around even now a week before - except a handful of things (A&E - not interested 7DMT got on 2 days anyway and the various parade/firework areas) everything else seems easy to get

We are in Orlando now and have had no problems changing our fp rides or ride times as we work our way around the parks. So far on average we have used most of our fp's, some days if we have done same rides early on we have cancelled and booked other rides from the FP booths. We have also used the booths to change fp times to suit us, it's been an easy system to use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter