Fast answer needed :). Amex gift cards

mrsjmf

Earning My Ears
I can use AMEX gift cards to pay for DCL, right? I'm at Target and they have a ton. Do I get 5% target card discount if I buy them, or only disney gift cards?

I don't believe you get the 5% off the AMEX cards. Disney cards and any of the restaurant cards are not considered gift cards within the Target computers. I think that the AMEX cards will be so no 5% off. You could buy just one and look at the receipt to find out for sure.

Thanks! **as a side note, I'm standing in line to pay for 60(!!!) target gift cards. I wonder if the sales clerk is going to give me the side eye....

If you have the debit card, they set a low limit on it (around300). You may need to buy your cards in separate transactions in order to preserve your discount. Get a manager if there is a problem! They will make it work!

Last year we bought Disney gift cards a couple of times with totals over $1000. They usually don't say much other than, "Planning a Disney trip?". My concern is more with people lining up behind me while they scan all of the cards.

I can use AMEX gift cards to pay for DCL, right?

AMEX Gift Cards can't be used at Cruise Lines. See #1 in the FAQs.

http://www.americanexpress.com/us/content/prepaid/gift-cards/business-faqs.html
What is the American Express Gift Card and where can I use it?
The Gift Card is a prepaid payment Card that is issued with a set dollar amount. It is not a credit card, charge card or debit card and the total dollar value appears on the front of the Gift Card, the card carrier, or on your store receipt. You can use the Gift Card at any business in the United States that accepts the American Express® Card and you can use it to purchase meals and entertainment or buy goods from catalogs, online vendors or at your favorite store. The Gift Card cannot be used at Cruise Lines, ATMs or for recurring billing purchases, such as cell phones or subscriptions. Additional usage restrictions may apply. Please see the Terms and Conditions for further details.

Thanks! **as a side note, I'm standing in line to pay for 60(!!!) target gift cards. I wonder if the sales clerk is going to give me the side eye....

You do NOT get the 5% discount on Target gift cards, only on entertainment cards like Disney, restaurants, GAP, etc.

Nancy

Last year we bought Disney gift cards a couple of times with totals over $1000. They usually don't say much other than, "Planning a Disney trip?". My concern is more with people lining up behind me while they scan all of the cards.

When I go in and buy my Disney Gift cards @ Target, I take them over to the Customer Service Desk to check out so I don't hold-up the checkout lanes - I buy 60-65 at a time, but I group them into transactions of 10 so the receipts aren't so everwhelming in case I ever lose cards and need to find the right receipt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter