Fares went down for all cats... tax and port fee refund?

Wait, you can pay with Disney Gift cards through Costco?! I thought I had to pay with a CC when using them.
Yes you can, but it has to be by phone.

You call them, read them the gift card number, then they put you on hold while they call Disney. This could be a long wait for Costco, and you. After they finally get through to Disney, they’ll come back to you on the phone to confirm it went through.

A bit of a hassle, but worth it for the money saved by getting discount gift cards.

Could it be the sale going on? I think it is legit, I have seen a 20% off advertisement a lot lately on FB, unless it is a fake add.
It's not a fake add - but the sale is only on select itineraries, and for select categories. Typically either as resident discount (Florida, Canada, military), or a restricted non-refundable fare (VGT/OGT/IGT). Those would not apply to existing reservations.
There was an actual cruise-fare drop on my next sailing, they discounted concierge suites by 10% - not sure if Disney would apply that retroactively to anyone who was booked before.

It's not a fake add - but the sale is only on select itineraries, and for select categories. Typically either as resident discount (Florida, Canada, military), or a restricted non-refundable fare (VGT/OGT/IGT). Those would not apply to existing reservations.
There was an actual cruise-fare drop on my next sailing, they discounted concierge suites by 10% - not sure if Disney would apply that retroactively to anyone who was booked before.

Not that we have one anymore, but wonder if they would let someone stack it with their placeholder?

Not that we have one anymore, but wonder if they would let someone stack it with their placeholder?
None of the discounted (restricted or resident) fares are stackable with a placeholder discount. You can either take 10% off and OBC, or 20% off and restrictions.
The former usually costs more (unless cruise fares went up since booking), but offers much more flexibility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter