FAQ about the Disney Dining Plan

"Does anyone know if you don't use the child TS credit, can you use it as an adult TS credit? "[/B]
and
" what I want to know is can a parent and a child share one TS dining credit?"
they are all lumped into one account, so they don't know if they are kids or adult credits. BUT if you are having 3 people order, 3 credits will be taken off. If you have 4 people and the 3 yr old orders it will have to be off the kid's menu. If you have 4 people and the 3 yr old doesn't order but shares others, than you will only use 3 credits. This is one way to "stretch" the credits. You can share in any way you want, just make sure the server understands. They will either split the meal in the kitchen or bring you an empty plate.

Hi, I have a 2 year old. Can I purchase kid's plan for her and use some of her TS for breakfast and show dinner?
Thanks
Tviv
:cool1: :cool1: ;)

jjohnson said:
You would have to book her as a 3yo & pay for her park ticket too

Hi, John: thanks for your response. I am new with DVC. From what I have being told, I only have to buy the meal plan through DVC reservation service. Is that mean, they will link the meal plan information to our disney ticket and require us to purchase the 3year old park ticket ?
Thanks,
Tviv

Tviv said:
Hi, John: thanks for your response. I am new with DVC. From what I have being told, I only have to buy the meal plan through DVC reservation service. Is that mean, they will link the meal plan information to our disney ticket and require us to purchase the 3year old park ticket ?
Thanks,
Tviv

DVC is completely different & something I have little or no experience with (I wish I owned) I do know as of 4/1 you can purchase the meal plan if you are a DVC owner. You might want to ask on the DVC board but I would guess your 3yo would need a park ticket.

Has anyone put together a FAQ for the Dining Plan? It's a bit daunting to face having to read almost 1500 messages in order to understand what's the latest information about every aspect.

bicker said:
Has anyone put together a FAQ for the Dining Plan? It's a bit daunting to face having to read almost 1500 messages in order to understand what's the latest information about every aspect.

Page 1 was great for last year's plan but that's out of date so I agree, there is no definitive FAQ page on *this* year's plan.
OP, if you're out there would you have a go at updating page 1 to reflect this year's plan :worship: ??
If the OP isn't around perhaps someone else would take on the task of doing a 2006 FAQ and start a new thread that could become a new sticky and let this one die off slowly? New users who go to page 1 of this might not realise that the prices have increased and CRT needs 2 table credits now and so on.......

I second or third the motion to start a new up to date thread on the dining plan and what is and is not allowed, prices, restaurants etc. !

The OP has only posted on the boards 1x since last July so I wouldn't ask her to edit her original thread. A new one needs to be done. I can do it but have no personal experience using the plan just posts I've read since it started last January as I am always considering doing the plan in the future. Anyone else feel more qualified?

jjohnson,
Go for it! I'd say you're more than qualified to start a new thread with over 1600 posts! AND you're from New York - people from New York have got the smarts. :teeth:

I have unstuck this thread since jjohnson (Joyce) was kind enough to start a new updated thread. The new FAQ thread for 2006 is now a sticky thread.

has anyone used the plan with just two adults and do they think it was worth it? we're planning on going to at least 3 signature dinners during our 7 nite stay. also, do we just get a seperate bill for alcohol?

thanks in advance :thumbsup2

We had a child with us but found the plan SO worth it & would get it again whether our DS traveled with us or not.

Yes, you will get a separate bill for your non covered items. We usually charged to our room. Very easy.

We just recently did the plan with 2 adults and found it totally worth it. Dining well is part of our vacation experience so with or without the dining plan we at at many fine TS locations. Kona was a new favorite that we will do again in the future.

You will receive a seperate check for things not covered on the plan. I used my DDE for those purchases for an additional 20% off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter