Fantasyland February 2022 Exercise Thread

sophy1996

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the February 2022 exercise thread! Since the month starts with "F," I thought we'd take a look at all the Fantasylands in the Disney parks around the world.

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! Here’s how it works:

Each person chooses a time goal and posts minutes towards that goal as they exercise. You can post daily or just catch up when you can. You decide what movement counts towards your goal - which can be a nice round total for the month, a specific number that means something to you, or a calculation based on a target number of minutes per day.

Since February has 28 days, here are some common conversions:

15 minutes/day = 420
20 minutes/day = 560
30 minutes/day = 840
45 minutes/day = 1260
1 hour/day = 1680

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress.

10% - Disneyland Blue
25% - WDW Orange
50% - Tokyo Disneyland Purple
75% - Paris Disneyland Pink
90% - Hong Kong Disneyland Red
100% - Shanghai Disney Green

We’re officially starting this challenge at the beginning of February, but if you don’t find the thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join!! There's no better time than the present to start toward your goals! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and to check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Participants:

Bethislucy - 1824/1680
BonnieF - 310/400
Elizabeth Smith - 805/800
huggybuff - 11/300
ljcrochet - 667/500
PollyannaMom - 600/500
sophy1996 - 1000/1000
Twilight Sparkle - 2045/2000

Team - 7262/7180 101%

Last edited:
I'm trying to be realistic and not fall into 'all or nothing' thinking this month. With the move I'll lose two weekends of exercise time, and at least two scheduled runs will be impacted. (Can you run on the treadmill at 7 if the movers are coming to take it away at 8? I'll let you know by the end of the month.) So I'm setting my goal at 390, which seems doable from here. 🤞

0/390 - 00%

Walt Disney described Fantasyland with these words:

Here is the world of imagination, hopes, and dreams. In this timeless land of enchantment, the age of chivalry, magic and make-believe are reborn -- and fairy tales come true. Fantasyland is dedicated to the young-in-heart, to those who that when you wish upon a star, your dreams come true.

He then filled Fantasyland chock full of attractions. I think Disneyland's Fantasyland alone has more attractions than some entire Disney parks! How many can you name without looking them up?

According to Disneyland's website, there are 13 attractions in Fantasyland:

Alice in Wonderland
Casey Jr. Circus Train
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
It's a Small World
King Arthur Carousel
Mad Tea Party
Matterhorn Bobsleds
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Peter Pan's Flight
Pinocchio's Daring Journey
Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough
Snow White's Enchanted Wish
Storybook Land Canal Boats

Thanks for a great challenge today @sophy1996! I named 13 attractions... at DisneyWorld. :P It was a great walk through memory lane. And it brings up my favorite debate - is the Haunted Mansion Fantasyland or Frontierland? (It's on the edge of both, but I think the maps technically put it in Frontier.)

30 minutes walking- I've been working on my posture at my back was *not* willing to run.

30/390

+40 from some various exercises today.
80/800

I should have been able to make a better guess, since I have been reading the Unofficial Guide to Disneyland, and just the other day I read a description of every attraction in Fantasyland. But I wasn't even close. LOL.
@Raya , I don't consider Haunted Mansion in either. It's in Liberty Square, right? I guess Liberty Square isn't really a fully fledged "land" though.

Congratulations to Elizabeth Smith and to me for turning Disneyland Blue!

A big part of my Disney trips is eating ALL the things. Disneyland's Fantasyland has a few quick-service options to choose from:

Edelweiss Snacks:
"Visit this alpine chalet where you’ll be happy to meet turkey legs, chimichangas and buttered corn on the cob. Then, chill out in the shadow of the Matterhorn with a fountain drink or frozen beverage in blue raspberry, cherry or apple."

Maurice's Treats:
"Savor each royal bite and adore every refreshing sip while you explore Fantasy Faire. This Old-World European snack wagon, named for Belle’s father, offers flavored pastry twists and signature drinks."

Red Rose Taverne:
"Be our guest for casual fare with a dash of French flair at this charming quick-service tavern―bon appétit!"

Troubadour Tavern (unfortunately still closed):
"Lay down your lance for lunch at this medieval pavilion-style tent. Smashing choices include bratwurst on a brioche roll with bacon sauerkraut and a jumbo pretzel with an option to add a side of cheese. Kids’ snacks and soft drinks are also served."

Great theme

I’m Going to aim for 500 minutes this month. I got some bad health need so not sure how well i will do. Currently chemotherapy not working. Insurance doesn’t want to cover plan for tie wanted. Doctor got weird and wanted me to pay out of pocket for the treatment. I refused the first time without knowing the set amount. When I was kind of told amount, hospital refused to put it in writing.

I am going to follow along this month and not track my time. We are dealing with a lot of medical stuff with DD. Since being sick at the end of December she has continued to be dizzy. We are trying to figure out what is going on. We have many doctor appointments this month that are going to take up a lot of my time. Plus I am so mentally exhausted after work from all of this I haven't done much lately with workouts.

Congratulations to Bethislucy, Twlight Sparkle, BonnieF and the TEAM for all turning Disneyland Blue!

Before we move on to WDW's Fantasyland, here are some bits of trivia regarding Disneyland's Fantasyland:

*The drawbridge for Sleeping Beauty Castle has only been lowered twice, once on Opening Day in 1955 and again when Fantasyland reopened after a rehab in 1983.

*On Disneyland's 40th anniversary, July 17, 1995, a time capsule was buried in front of the Castle, to be opened on Disneyland's 80th anniversary, July 17, 2035.

*Remnants of the old A-E ride ticket system are scattered throughout Fantasyland. Several structures that you might think of now as decorative elements used to be ticket booths, including the giant yellow mushroom outside Alice, the lighthouse outside the Canal Boats, and the little shack in front of Casey Jr.

*A doll inside it's a small world was modeled after Mary Blair, the ride's designer/stylist. Look for the blonde doll on the Eiffel Tower wearing a yellow raincoat (a nod to Blair's unique sense of fashion).

*There is a small basketball area high in the top of the Matterhorn. The area was used as a staging and rest area for the climbers who used to frequent the mountain, and someone put up a basketball hoop and marked lines on the floor. It is rumored that Walt Disney had the area built to evade height limits in Anaheim's building codes (because the limits supposedly didn't apply to sports arenas), but there were no such codes when the Matterhorn was built.

*The Alice in Wonderland ride and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride actually share the same building, with Alice rising up above Mr. Toad.

Great theme

I’m Going to aim for 500 minutes this month. I got some bad health need so not sure how well i will do. Currently chemotherapy not working. Insurance doesn’t want to cover plan for tie wanted. Doctor got weird and wanted me to pay out of pocket for the treatment. I refused the first time without knowing the set amount. When I was kind of told amount, hospital refused to put it in writing.
I am going to follow along this month and not track my time. We are dealing with a lot of medical stuff with DD. Since being sick at the end of December she has continued to be dizzy. We are trying to figure out what is going on. We have many doctor appointments this month that are going to take up a lot of my time. Plus I am so mentally exhausted after work from all of this I haven't done much lately with workouts.

Thinking of you both as you and your families face these health challenges! It's especially frustrating that our health-care system presents such obstacles, just when you're at your lowest and don't have the mental and physical resources to surmount them (not to mention the extra stress of trying to get treatment during a pandemic). ljcrochet, I hope you have a support system to help you navigate getting those treatments. piglet1979, I'm glad you can help support your daughter and I hope someone can help support you as well.

With 26 days till our trip :mickeyjum, I have to buckle down! I'll go for 400 minutes this month. I wish I could count my time at physical therapy - but I don't break a sweat doing the program.

I don't sweat when I do yoga instead of walking on the treadmill, but I still count that!

:grouphug: @ljcrochet and @piglet1979

Wed-2/2 - 20
Thu-2/3 - 20
Fri-2/4 - 15

75/500

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter