Fantasyland Breakfast

tmp

Mouseketeer
Managed to book a Fantasyland breakfast-it has always been fully booked before- and would be grateful if anyone who has done this can answer a couple of questions.

1)When you arrive at the park do you walk through to Fantasyland or do you have to get the train from Main Street Station?

2)If you get the train are you allowed to walk down Main Street to take photos before you board the train?

3)Assuming we finish breakfast at 9a.m will all the rides in Fantasyland be open?I seem to recall reading that some lands open later but can't remember if this included some of Fantasyland.BTW the park is open from 9 during the week we go if that makes any difference.

Thanks x

When we did our Fantasyland breakfast we all had to get on the train and when we got out the ride we wanted to go on, Peter Pan, wasn't open so we went on Dumbo instead.

We've done the Fantasyland breakfast on all our trips and have always walked up Main Street. It's a great way to take photos without loads of people about. If you get to the Castle before ropedrop just show the CM your breakfast voucher and he will let you through while all the other people look at you and wonder why you are getting special treatment!!! Just look regal and/or smug!!! :rotfl: Usually some Fantasyland rides will be open when you've finished breakfast even if the park's not officially open. We've also found there are often a lot of characters around the Castle at about 10.00 a.m.

I don't think I can do regal but I have no problem with smug:teeth:

Maybe it depends what time you enter the park which determines if you walk or have to get the train.

Anyone else able to help?

I'm still not really clear on what happens with the Fantasyland breakfast. The day we'll be having ours (Monday June 13th), the park will be opening at 10am. It says in the brochure that you get to "enter the park an hour early", so does that mean we can get our breakfast in the park from 9am? Or earlier/later? What is the latest time you can get your breakfast in the park?

Bonnie according to www.dlp-guide.com the restaurant for the Fantasyland breakfast open one hour before the offical park opening and breakfast is available for at least an hour after the opening.
I also found part of the answer to my own original question-it seems it depends what time you arrive at the entrance which will determine if you get to walk down Main Street through to Fantasyland or have to get the train but I still don't know if that means you have to get there before ropedrop to be allowed to walk through.
I'm still a bit confused :confused:
dlpSteve and diberry can you tell me roughly what time you entered the park and what time park opening was when you were there, as you have both experienced the different ways to get to breakfast!
Thanks

When we did our Fantasyland breakfast, the park opened at 10, and we arrived at around 8! There was already quite a crowd outside the turnstiles, all with breakfast vouchers. They let us in shortly after 8 and we walked down Main Street to the rope in front of the Castle. There we again showed our breakfast vouchers and continued on through the Castle to Fantasyland, and the restaurant. When we finished breakfast it was about 9 AM and a couple of the Fantasyland rides were open - don't remember which ones. Fantasyland always opens earlier than the other lands - AP holders can also enter early and ride. We did not love the Fantasyland breakfast, since it was the same food we got at the SL, and we had AP's so we went in early several mornings. I never saw people take the train that early, but we were there in low season, maye it is different when crowds are larger. Don't sweat this. When you go into the park before official opening and show your breakfast voucher, you will be told how to get to Fantasyland. (If you are not told anything, as we were not - just walk over to Fantasyland!)
Does this answer your questions? If not... keep asking!
:flower: :) :flower: :) :flower: :) :flower:

Have never been to Fantasyland breakfast, but as AP holder the 1 hour early entry is worth it.

When we went Dumbo and Teacups were opening immediately and we therefore had 2 back-to-back rides on each.
Peter Pan opened about 15 minutes later. :)

Reid

I have to confess we are not exactly early birds so have never entered the park before official opening time though we did get there before ropedrop a few times (hence the "regal/smug" joke!) We have also always been in term-time when it is much less busy. It seems, from what Jody says, that you can walk up Main St however early you get there. At Christmas we spent so long oohing and aahing over the Christmas decorations that we only just made it to the Chalet de la Marionnette before 10.30 but still got our breakfast and they even brought out more stuff for us as most of it had already gone. We love the Fantasyland breakfast - though I really must stop saying that or everyone will be doing it and it'll be too crowded!!!

When we there in September, we weren't able to get the train round, according to a castmember (whose English wasn't too great, so I'm not sure how accurate this is) they don't open the railway anymore, and everybody has to walk down Main Street.

Dumbo and Peter Pan were both open about 20 minutes before the rest of the park opened. It was really nice, there were only a few of us who'd finished breakfast, and we got our own private ride on Dumbo, and got to ride Peter Pan 3 times in a row :)

We booked our holiday for this July about 2 months ago direct with Disney. We booked 2 character breakfasts and after reading about the Fantasyland breakfast on here I decided to try and book those for the other 2 mornings we'd be there. They said I would have to send a fax requesting the change - which I did, and that if I had given enough notice before the holiday I would get notification through the post. If not I would be told at the hotel when I checked in. I think 4 months before the holiday is sufficient notice but as yet I haven't received anything. So, I still don't have a clue whether I'm going to have a Good Morning Fantasyland breakfast or not!

Thanks everyone,
Hopefully I will get to walk down Main Street-want to get lots of photos without the crowds.
I wasn't sure I would be able to get my lot up and out by 8a.m but I am certainly going to try-it would be great to do some Fantasyland rides before it gets too busy.I think my mum is going to love Peter Pan so we may end up riding this a few times.:teeth:
Joanne-I also booked direct with Disney and sent a letter requesting the breakfast a few days after I'd phoned to book my trip.I received an updated confirmation of my booking with the breakfast added about two weeks later.
It might be worth giving Disney a ring if you want to be sure.

We had a Fantasy Land breakfast in 2003, we were only able to book it for one morning during our stay. We rode on the train, I seem to remember that we were not given a choice. The train wasn't crowded and we were able to get some lovely photos of our small son with the engine driver.
This time it seemed easier to book the breakfast (maybe not so busy) and we have booked alternate mornings. Will certainly ride the train at least one morning but a walk up Main Street would be nice too

Hi, am just in the process of a booking a short break to Eurodisney and a have a couple of questions.

1. I wish to book a character breakfast at Fantasyland, but I putting together my own package, Eurostar, Park tickets and Hotel (probably be the Explorers), how can I get some of these vouchers and do they have to be booked in advance of arriving in Paris.

2. Have a hopper ticket left over from a visit to Disney in Florida 6 years ago. Am i able to use this at Eurodisney?

Cheers
Simon

Hi Simon

I don't think that the WDW hopper passes can be used at DLP. I know that the same Annual pass can not be used at both.
I was referring to the Fantasy land breakfast earlier - it comes with a package and is not a character breakfast, I know that character breakfasts can be booked seperately.

Hi Simon & welcome to the Disboards :)

The answer to question 2 is easy but I'm afraid it is a "no".

Question 1 I'm a bit confused by (sorry) are you talking about the Good Morning Fantasyland breakfast which has no characters or are you talking about a "proper" character brekafast like at Cafe Mickey's or Walt's?

I was talking about a character breakfast, I assumed that was what being talked about here but with the breakfast being based in Fantasyland. Intrigue now what your are talking about. Can you please explain to me what happens at both of these events and whether these can both be booked when you arrive at Eurodisney.

Thannks for your prompt response.

Simon

The "Good Morning Fantasyland breakfast is what we were talking about here. Hotel guests can opt to enter the Disney Land Park an hour early and board the disney land railroad train, or walk to Fantasyland to eat a continental breakfast that is served at one of the restaurants, it was " Chalet de la Marionette" when we were there. It gets you into the park early ready for park opening and ahead of the rush.

You can eat a character breakfast at "Cafe Mickeys "in Disney village or "Walts" in the Disneyland park, these can be booked at guest relations in the park. However I would have thought that you could book it prior to your arrival at DLP but not sure how. Maybe someone else will be able to advise you on that point

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter