Fantasy stopped in Miami?

I don't know why but it's usually not good maybe something medical??

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Very recently the Magic did as well, but it was to pick up supplies (freon or something like that?) The report I read said an announcement was made onboard they were stopping to pick up critical supplies. Of course, I've been on a medical diversion as well, but thought I would throw that recent Magic example out there as well as a possibility for the Fantasy's deviation.

Yes the Fantasy was in Miami last night around 10:30pm and there was reports of people tweeting it was a medical emergency. She wasn't in port very long I watched her leave Miami last night I believe it was about 11:30. How horrible on Thanksgiving and on vacation our thoughts and prayers go out to that family hopefully everything turns out ok.

I was going to say that maybe the Captain wanted to take advantage of a Black Friday deal.

But that probably is inappropriate given that there was a real medical emergency. Sad that it happened at all, but even worse on a holiday.

Just got off Fantasy this morning. We were told we'd be dropping off a passenger with a medical emergency. I have no details. They were able to make it to Castaway Cay on time. We also heard an emergency call in our room about 2:30am Friday morning.

just got off the Fantasy Saturday morning (terrible weather! :( )

We stopped Thursday evening in Miami for medical emergency.

Large male passenger passed out Friday morning around 2:30 AM and required medical assistance. 'Bright Star, aft passenger elevators deck 9 ' warning message was broadcast in staterooms

'Bright Star, aft passenger elevators deck 9 ' warning message was broadcast in staterooms

I was trying to remember what was broadcast during our July 2013 cruise. Sure enough it was, "bright star" with a stateroom number. I wonder how often this happens.

Best wishes to those affected on my cruise as well as this incident.

It happens fairly often....at least 15 of our 30 cruises had a bright star call. Last year on the Fantasy we watched a woman be airlifted off the bow of the ship via helicopter. That was something to see!! They repelled down to the bow area (teen club area) and medical staff brought the woman out on a stretcher from medical....they lowered a basket and put her in the basket and then winched the basket up to the helicopter. They then sent a rope down for the one of the helicopter crew and winched him back up. I was fascinated with the process. We watched it all out our porthole. We were in 8006 which is a forward facing cabin.

MJ

We have experienced a "Bright Star" announcement several time.

in 2011 after leaving San Francisco, we turned around and renetered the harbor to offload a guest. In January this year we left Port Canaveral and then returned to the "mouth" of the channel and a boat came and picked up a passenger and returned them to shore. One of our cruises - first stop was CC and as we were leaving, we had to meet up with a boat to remove another passenger (at the beginning of a LONG cruise).

With 2500 to 4000 passengers and another 1000 - 2000 crew, there is bound to be some serious medical situations arise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter