• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy Springs is opening June 6th 2024

Yeah sorry we consider a sit down meal a meal where you have to make a reservation and usually have a server come to your table or a buffet. We call the other style quick service because that’s what they call it at Disney world
Ah, I see. I didn't connect buffet with "table service" since you have to serve yourself! :-)

I'd also consider Ristorante di Caneletto at DS, especially on the balcony as there will be stuff for the little one to "watch". You could even try to overlap eating with the daytime harbour show (although the view is probably better from the quick service pizza and pasta place balcony (which fills up hours in advance)).

From the other table service restaurants ... Crystal Buffet is probably a good choice with a little one. Maybe Blue Bayou if you get a table near the water, but it's very dark and the menu is very ... fine cuisine. We had trouble finding options to eat. Magellan's, the big cruise ship in DS, etc probably aren't great choices with a little one. We haven't eaten at the two table service Japanese restaurants.

Ah, I see. I didn't connect buffet with "table service" since you have to serve yourself! :-)

I'd also consider Ristorante di Caneletto at DS, especially on the balcony as there will be stuff for the little one to "watch". You could even try to overlap eating with the daytime harbour show (although the view is probably better from the quick service pizza and pasta place balcony (which fills up hours in advance)).

From the other table service restaurants ... Crystal Buffet is probably a good choice with a little one. Maybe Blue Bayou if you get a table near the water, but it's very dark and the menu is very ... fine cuisine. We had trouble finding options to eat. Magellan's, the big cruise ship in DS, etc probably aren't great choices with a little one. We haven't eaten at the two table service Japanese restaurants.
Thanks for the suggestions. I looked at Ristorante di Canaretto and it looks like there is only one kids option. I’m not sure ds would eat what’s offered there so we may skip that one

Thanks for the suggestions. I looked at Ristorante di Canaretto and it looks like there is only one kids option. I’m not sure ds would eat what’s offered there so we may skip that one
Our 18 year old is a picky eater. Crystal Palace looked like a good possibility, as well as Center Street Coffeehouse and Horizon Bay. Usually, we can get him stuff as a lot of places, but since there is absolutely no substitutions/modifications, I am being cautious/conservative. I don't know if these places had a good kids option, since they typically don't allow adults to purchase kids items in Japan :(

Re: price differential?

The Fantasy Springs rooms are sold out so quickly it is difficult to establish the price difference between room types and wings. We will be looking for 1 night in a "lower" cost room for late October (2 persons).

I assume that a Superior Room is less expensive than a Superior Alcove Room. Is that correct?

I also assume that the Bay Area Side is less expensive than the Hotel Entrance Side. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks for your help.

Dean

If anyone is awake, I'm having last second doubts between which package to gun for:

MiraCosta Harbor View
or
Fantasy Springs (whatever the best available is)

Edit: I've been refreshing 3 devices since 2:10 PM JT. At around 2:35, the queue activated for each of them, and I was back "in" to the site well before the 3PM start time.

Edit 2: Welp, besides constant refreshing, one of my devices decided to "re-queue", and now it has an access time of 3:15 PM. That's awful. What a terrible system. I got penalized for being in early. None of the queues should have given me access BEFORE 3PM.

Edit 3: Second device has done the same! Holding out that the 3rd device can hang in there long enough to make it to the release time.

Edit 4:

That was... stressful. The 3rd device hung in there as the clock struck 3PM JT, but based on how long it took the other two to kick me back to the queue, I assumed I had only a few minutes to advance to locking in a room. I pressed refresh the moment I saw Windows change to 2:00 AM (EST), and was presented with every Fantasy Springs category, including Springs Side Park Grand View. I thought I had recalled that being a hard one to get, so I went for it.

What followed was an agonizing wait through every menu. Every attraction loading time took about 1 minute each. Some of them hung longer, and I assumed I was being booted. I panic-selected Tower of Terror twice on accident and I chose way too early breakfast times, but I couldn't chance going back. Advancing from the attraction selection screen took the longest.

At payment, I was reset because I entered my phone number with a "+1" instead of just using numeric values. There are two payment confirmation screens, each with their own long load time.

My card was accepted in one try, and I now have a Fantasy Springs (Springs Side Park Grand View) package!

Of note: At around 2:30 AM I got in with another device, and Springs Side rooms + Rose Park View were gone. Other Fantasy Springs categories were available, along with MiraCosta Porto Harbor.

Takeaway: The strategy seems to be to try and initiate the queue so that the system gives you an estimate to enter the website no more than 10 minutes before 3PM JT, but not after 3PM JT.

Last edited:
If anyone is awake, I'm having last second doubts between which package to gun for:

MiraCosta Harbor View
or
Fantasy Springs (whatever the best available is)

Edit: I've been refreshing 3 devices since 1:10 PM JT. At around 1:35, the queue activated for each of them, and I was back "in" to the site well before the 3PM start time.

Edit 2: Welp, besides constant refreshing, one of my devices decided to "re-queue", and now it has an access time of 3:15 PM. That's awful. What a terrible system. I got penalized for being in early. None of the queues should have given me access BEFORE 3PM.

Edit 3: Second device has done the same! Holding out that the 3rd device can hang in there long enough to make it to the release time.
The queue works wonky. If you need any hotel only the day before/after, FS Hotel may be impossible to get to try to get the same hotel/room type, so you don’t have to switch rooms. However, Miracosta was not easy for June. I don’t know what the view is like for FS Hotel, but I think Miracosta Harbor View has a good view of the nighttime harbor show from your windows. Good luck!

The queue works wonky. If you need any hotel only the day before/after, FS Hotel may be impossible to get to try to get the same hotel/room type, so you don’t have to switch rooms. However, Miracosta was not easy for June. I don’t know what the view is like for FS Hotel, but I think Miracosta Harbor View has a good view of the nighttime harbor show from your windows. Good luck!
Check out my latest edit on the post above!

Our 18 year old is a picky eater. Crystal Palace looked like a good possibility, as well as Center Street Coffeehouse and Horizon Bay. Usually, we can get him stuff as a lot of places, but since there is absolutely no substitutions/modifications, I am being cautious/conservative. I don't know if these places had a good kids option, since they typically don't allow adults to purchase kids items in Japan :(
I wouldn’t say ds is a picky eater but if we aren’t eating at home he usually only wants chicken tenders and fruit. I will say last time we were there in 2019 I was able to modify some of the things I ordered. For example, I ordered a chicken sandwich and asked for nothing on it but the chicken. Crystal palace seems to have a pretty good kids section

Check out my latest edit on the post above!
Awesome!!! Sounds like my experience booking my June package. I did get kicked out when my first CC was denied. Luckily, I had other browsers open that were just popping into the website. Timing it is so hard. The hotel only is worse, because they don't seem to do the long queue; I guess not enough traffic to warrant it. You can go back and change attractions and breakfast. They will recharge the same card and refund the original amount. However, if you want to do Happy Entry, the earliest breakfast is best. I booked mine for a little too late and have been trying to move them earlier.

A 1-night VP opened up at MiraCosta for June 5th, out of curiosity I clicked through to see how much more it would cost. It was for a "Speciale Rooms & Suites Porto Paradiso Side Superior Room Harbor View" which I know must be amazing but it is about 60000JPY (400USD) more than my Tuscany room for a single night, so I will not be switching. Still hoping a Venice room will open up as I would prefer to be on that side than Tuscany!

Okay, I totally lied. I booked it. I need to think on this and do more research and I couldn't let it get away. Is the Harbor View worth double the room cost? :rotfl: Sounds like it comes with club level as well, though not sure I'd make a whole lot of use out of that. Being able to watch Believe! Sea of Dreams from the room though....phew.

Last edited:
A 1-night VP opened up at MiraCosta for June 5th, out of curiosity I clicked through to see how much more it would cost. It was for a "Speciale Rooms & Suites Porto Paradiso Side Superior Room Harbor View" which I know must be amazing but it is about 60000JPY (400USD) more than my Tuscany room for a single night, so I will not be switching. Still hoping a Venice room will open up as I would prefer to be on that side than Tuscany!

Okay, I totally lied. I booked it. I need to think on this and do more research and I couldn't let it get away. Is the Harbor View worth double the room cost? :rotfl: Sounds like it comes with club level as well, though not sure I'd make a whole lot of use out of that. Being able to watch Believe! Sea of Dreams from the room though....phew.
I would look at TDR Explorer videos, probably on YouTube. I think he booked a package with this exact room last year. It does have club access.

Here it is.

Here it is.

Thank you! Wow, he even was in the exact same room category I just booked. That view is unbelievable. Watching the show from the room looks so magical. I am going to be exhausted by that part of my trip and to be able to roll into bed after sounds worth the price alone :rotfl: I am a big mid-day break person now too, it'll be wonderful to still watch the action in the park while I rest a bit.

Thank you! Wow, he even was in the exact same room category I just booked. That view is unbelievable. Watching the show from the room looks so magical. I am going to be exhausted by that part of my trip and to be able to roll into bed after sounds worth the price alone :rotfl: I am a big mid-day break person now too, it'll be wonderful to still watch the action in the park while I rest a bit.
We have a non-club Harbor View for 3 nights, and I am excited about it. I love people watching. I didn't even realize I would be able to see the show from there until I watched his video, so it's an added bonus.

We have a non-club Harbor View for 3 nights, and I am excited about it. I love people watching. I didn't even realize I would be able to see the show from there until I watched his video, so it's an added bonus.
Three nights is amazing, I am so jealous! I can only hope that the non-club variant opens up for me to save a few $ :laughing:

I need to stop looking at the merch so far in advance. The Jungle Cruise stuff and Donald's Quacky Duck City are killing me.
Jungle Cruise isn't even a ride I particularly like but the merch is super adorable. The resellers are lightning fast because a ton of the merch is up for "preorder" on eBay already lol

I wish they put the merch up on their version of the Disney Store so I could at least use a proxy service but nope, eBay it is.

Jungle Cruise isn't even a ride I particularly like but the merch is super adorable. The resellers are lightning fast because a ton of the merch is up for "preorder" on eBay already lol

I wish they put the merch up on their version of the Disney Store so I could at least use a proxy service but nope, eBay it is.
The ringer tee is soo cute and I'm not a huge JC fan either.

The ringer tee is soo cute and I'm not a huge JC fan either.
Do you mean this? I really loved the safari hat but I'm waiting for those Peter Pan Lost Boys beanies that they're releasing for Fantasy Springs to drop. My sister wants the bunny and I'm leaning towards either the bear or raccoon.

Also side note but in case you're interested I have purchased from that seller before and they're legit.

Do you mean this? I really loved the safari hat but I'm waiting for those Peter Pan Lost Boys beanies that they're releasing for Fantasy Springs to drop. My sister wants the bunny and I'm leaning towards either the bear or raccoon.

Also side note but in case you're interested I have purchased from that seller before and they're legit.
Are the tangled, Peter Pan, and frozen things all being released in June? The article says May 28 for some things but I’m not sure what’s being released when

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter